U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 01:01 PM

26,304 posts, read 12,896,581 times

Advertisements

The argument is that the method chosen can cause someone to be conscious, and suffocating to death slowly.

I'd like to think our nations better then that, but hey we water boarded a guy a couple hundred times so maybe not.

But...Id like to think it. Cant we just shoot the guy or hang him? What was wrong with the old method?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2014, 01:06 PM

6,396 posts, read 4,417,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
I was just reading what you wrote:

"It's not as if he didn't CAUSE pain and terror to HIS victim, yet he asks to be spared that which he didn't spare another human being from?"

In that sentence you're not talking about sparing (or not sparing) his life, but rather sparing (or not sparing) him pain and terror.
In that sentence, based on it's sentence structure, I note, he asks for something, he refused to another human being. The premise is, not what is about to happen, or HOW it's going to happen to him, but the fact he asks for something he did not provide to another human being. Whatever the action to take place isn't the issue, I am discussing that he asks that he not go through that which he did to someone else.

SO, I am not discussing the sparing, or NOT sparing pain, but that he asks for that which he refused another person.

Old 01-09-2014, 01:13 PM

14,920 posts, read 11,192,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
In that sentence, based on it's sentence structure, I note, he asks for something, he refused to another human being. The premise is, not what is about to happen, or HOW it's going to happen to him, but the fact he asks for something he did not provide to another human being. Whatever the action to take place isn't the issue, I am discussing that he asks that he not go through that which he did to someone else.

SO, I am not discussing the sparing, or NOT sparing pain, but that he asks for that which he refused another person.
Yeah - I know. That's exactly what I pointed out. This man claims this method of execution will cause him pain and terror, which is what he gave his victim - a death filled with pain and terror.

You're decrying that he's asking for that which he refused his victim - a death without pain and terror. How am I suppose to read that any other way than you wishing to see this man put to death in a manner that brings him pain and terror?

Old 01-09-2014, 01:13 PM

32,681 posts, read 16,713,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
There is a law banning cruel and unusual punishment, however it doesn't exempt me wishing pain and suffering on a cruel rapist murderer. I feel no sympathy what so ever for any suffering such a person may endure for his evil crimes.
Thanks for clarifying. Of course, you're perfectly within your rights to desire for unconstitutional methods to be used.

Old 01-09-2014, 01:27 PM

26,304 posts, read 12,896,581 times
When we as a nation choose to inflict that evil upon others when we can choose to not do so and still resolve the problem, we are no better then them.

Old 01-09-2014, 01:34 PM

9,137 posts, read 6,769,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
When we as a nation choose to inflict that evil upon others when we can choose to not do so and still resolve the problem, we are no better then them.
You can't stop people from having their bloodlust fantasies of torture. Saner heads will prevail.

Old 01-09-2014, 01:40 PM

16,985 posts, read 11,862,451 times
They have complicated chemical cocktails for execution while a single dose of beuthanathesia is good enough for a loyal pet that has to be put down.

Go for a colonoscopy and get a shot of versed and you are out, out ,out ..just add some veterinary euthanasia solution and you are done. DUH!

Old 01-09-2014, 01:41 PM

24,172 posts, read 12,010,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
You didn't say "pain" - you said "same pain"
So ram a broomstick up his butt, then make him gasp in the gas chamber. Seems appropriate to me after the violent way he treated his victim.

Old 01-09-2014, 01:43 PM

24,172 posts, read 12,010,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
A simple bullet to the back of the head would suffice. I will agree that torturing the SOB would make us no better than what he did to his victim. But we shouldn't spend another dime in taxpayers money feeding this POS 3 hots and a cot!
That's what the Russian do. They grab him from the cell on the pretext of visiting his lawyer or some such nonsense. On the way to the visiting room, they push him into a room with a drain, force him to his knees and a Makarov pumps a round into the back of his head. No fuss, no muss.

Old 01-09-2014, 01:44 PM

19,653 posts, read 12,479,612 times
Not that I''m at all sympathetic to this guy, but we are not barbarians, and we do not torture the condemned to death.

If we resorted to that, we would not be any better than any other tyrant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies