Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2014, 06:23 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,267,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Why the need to break it down into itty bitty nibble-sized slices? Is that yet another admission that HistorianDude can't even begin to refute the materials presented?
You have not presented any material for him to refute, only a list of phrases.

Old 01-17-2014, 06:31 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,118,333 times
Quote:
Therefore... Intelligent Design.

Good to see you admit it.
...but we didn't design the laws of natures.

Old 01-17-2014, 06:35 PM

89,006 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Who manages the evolution of all those critters for which there has been no human intervention? That's what we are talking about.
They don't exist in isolation. How do you not know that?

Quote:
Who is your Intelligent Designer?
Not named, and doesn't matter. The FACT is that ID is in fact present in even current evolutionary processes. I've already named several.

Old 01-17-2014, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
You have not presented any material for him to refute, only a list of phrases.
HistorianDude is a big boy. I'm assuming he can read a book and understand it. Is that assumption a mistake? Sure seems so because so far, he has been UNABLE to refute the material presented.

Old 01-17-2014, 06:40 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times
Quote:
Are you implying that HistorianDude subjugates his knowledge to mine? Excellent! I'll take that endorsement that he knows he's inferior.
No, he is waiting for you to even present your 'knowledge" of even just one of the author's arguments. So far, you haven't been able to. HD has demonstrated his knowledge of the topic in this thread by his posts. You haven't.

Quote:
In the meantime, see if you can have him even try to attempt a refutation of the molecular biology, computational biochemistry, chemical thermodynamics, and information theory analyses.
State which argument you would like him to refute. All you are doing is naming fields of science, not specifying an argument.
Quote:
And you can try to answer this, as well... Do you dispute that humans have intervened in the evolution of dogs, cats, farm animals, crops, etc.?
Humans have bred animals and cultivated plants. So what? How is this evidence for the idea of a super duper 'designer' who created and designed all life on earth?

Last edited by Ceist; 01-17-2014 at 07:32 PM..

Old 01-17-2014, 06:42 PM
Jza

259 posts, read 379,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swerver View Post
Sorry ID'ers but HistorianDude is mopping the floor with you guys up and down this thread. Might be time to invoke the slaughter rule.
You're not kidding. Takes a lot of patience I bet.

Old 01-17-2014, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
No, he is waiting for you to even present your 'knowledge" of even one of the author's arguments.
My knowledge isn't on trial. The dispute is over the existence of an intentional Intelligent Design.

We all know that an Intelligent Design has intervened in the evolutionary processes of dogs, cats, farm animals, crops, etc. HistorianDude has so far been completely unable to refute that such intervention occurs.

Old 01-17-2014, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Why the need to break it down into itty bitty nibble-sized slices? Is that yet another admission that HistorianDude can't even begin to refute the materials presented?
That you are unable to summarize even ONE itty bitty argument from the authors book, is an admission by you that you don't even know what the author is arguing- probably because you haven't even read the book.

Old 01-17-2014, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
That you are unable to summarize even ONE itty bitty argument from the authors book, is an admission by you that you don't even know what the author is arguing
Not at all. Again, my knowledge is irrelevant... The dispute is over the existence of an intentional Intelligent Design.

We all know that an Intelligent Design has intervened in the evolutionary processes of dogs, cats, farm animals, crops, etc. HistorianDude has so far been completely unable to refute that such intervention occurs.

Old 01-17-2014, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jza View Post
You're not kidding. Takes a lot of patience I bet.
I think the breadth and depth of the ignorance needs to be exposed as often as possible. (it's also often hilarious)

The scientific illiteracy and ignorance fostered by Creationists/IDers is what concerns people like Bill Nye- and should concern every rational human being.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies