Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2014, 11:29 PM

6,471 posts, read 6,670,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Why should he? You won't answer the simple question I keep asking, which is the central point of this thread!!!! No need for any evidence for or against either evolution or creation. No need for drawn out pseudo-scientific blather ... just a simple Yes or No ... does evolution explain or prove the origin of life ... Yes or No?

What are you .. Google ? We don't need your links to Darwinist claptrap! You can't throw a rock without hitting one ... they're everywhere. And they all have one thing in common ... they all repeat the same canned manure.

So in the interests of "fairness", why don't you practice what you are preaching, and answer my simple question ....

If evolution does not explain or prove the origin of living matter (and it does not), how then can one claim that it disproves creation?

That's a very "fair" question, since you all keep insinuating it does
This thread is too long for me to review every post.....but I don't recall most (and certainly not "all" as you state above) insinuating that evolution disproves creation. In my experience, many people who believe in the Theory of Evolution happen to be atheists, that's all.

Old 01-11-2014, 11:34 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Not true.

Harrier was not involved with this thread near its beginning.

Now, answer the questions that you keep dodging.

Why do you believe that there is observable evidence for evolution?

How do you define evolution?

Please answer in your own words.

Evolution is a growth of mankind. If Adam and Eve were the parents of all, how did we become so stupid to be cavemen. They had the intelligence of a bug.

Old 01-11-2014, 11:35 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,487,842 times
Quote:
Harrier doesn't know about that, but there certainly was Triceratops, Stegasaurus, Supersaurus, and Tyrannesaurus Rex.
Those are all latin names, were Adam and Eve Latin? There was no Adam or Eve and the dinosaurs were around more than 265 million years ago and man like us showed up 195,000 years ago. Where do you come up with 18,000 years ago for the age of the earth?

Old 01-11-2014, 11:50 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,317,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.
― Bertrand Russell

The above quote by Russell highlights for me the frequent misrepresentations of science (especially evolutionary science) by those who don't even come close to understanding the science they are criticizing and rejecting. What is sad though, is how many make a deliberate choice not to learn.
It's fear. The idea that we're on our own is too terrible to contemplate. The very thought sends an icy grip through their bowels that doesn't let go. It's so much easier and safer to deny.
The thought that there's no benevolent deity up there, controlling things, can be frightening. The thought that there is no one listening to their telepathic pleas can be depressing. The idea that no matter how good they are, there will be no heavenly immortality can be devastating. The thought that there will be no grand assembly of their loved ones greeting them in the afterlife like a divine high school reunion can be heart-wrenching. The idea of no grand apocalyptic finale with the forces of Good and Evil battling it out can be unnerving.
They wrap themselves up in their faith like a comfortable quilt to ward off the chill of reality. That we're alone.

I know. I've been there.

Old 01-11-2014, 11:55 PM

15,059 posts, read 8,622,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacierx View Post
I suspect there is as well, and probably with conspiracy theorists too. Though to be fair, correlation does not imply causation. Someone should conduct a poll/study just for interest sake.
Well, I don't know about that ... being an oft accused "conspiracy theorist" myself, we're highly unlikely to buy into global warming or evolution ... specifically, evolution in the sense that it disproves a creation scenario, or proves speciation via evolutionary processes.

While evolutionists insist that ALL evidence supports their theory, the truth is, none of the evidence does.

Even that classic evolution chart depicting the evolvong man from lower primates still show neanderthal as an evolutionary ancestor, when it's been well established that modern humans and neanderthals coexisted.

I could list dozens and dozens of "problems" with the claims and lack of evidence.

But, it's the same lame story, and never a straight answer. Why I even participate in this futile exercise is a mystery ... it's just useless and tiring.

Old 01-12-2014, 12:03 AM

29,094 posts, read 25,996,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Evolution is a growth of mankind. If Adam and Eve were the parents of all, how did we become so stupid to be cavemen. They had the intelligence of a bug.
That is a rather vague definition.

Harrier is very interested in your perception of the current human population's intelligence, and also your claim that Adam and Eve "had the intelligence of a bug".

Could you elaborate on those statements, please?

Old 01-12-2014, 12:04 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,377,437 times
Quote:
Not true.

Harrier was not involved with this thread near its beginning.

Now, answer the questions that you keep dodging.

Why do you believe that there is observable evidence for evolution?

How do you define evolution?

Please answer in your own words.
Correct, it was in the first half of this thread, not near it's beginning. I have asked you the same question so many times in several different threads that it becomes a blur. See? If I make a mistake I will admit it.

I asked you first to answer the simple question:

"What evidence do you have for your claim that the earth is only 18000 years old." I have now asked many times and you just keep ignoring it.

You kept demanding evidence for evolution (despite the fact that many posters have provided you with evidence in the past) and I have provided links to numerous academic sources for evidence for evolution. I challenged you to refute any of the evidence. You ignored the challenge.

Stop deflecting and trying to ask more questions before answering even one yourself.

It's long past your turn to answer the simple question:

"What evidence do you have for your claim that the earth is only 18000 years old."

Your game playing, deflection and refusal to answer that simple question makes it very clear that you can't answer it.

Old 01-12-2014, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
Those are all latin names, were Adam and Eve Latin?
Apparently, you have never heard of the concept of language translation.

Old 01-12-2014, 12:10 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,377,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
Jeez-O-Pete!

This is getting very tiring! I don't know much about Harrier (I hadn't encountered his/her posts until I began reading this thread) but what is up with the sentence construction??? Was Harrier never taught about the pronouns "me" and "I"??? Harrier sounds like Dennis Quaid doing the silly skit on the Ellen DeGeneres show, where Dennis Quaid keeps referring to himself by name. "DENNIS QUAID is here!" "DENNIS QUAID would like some coffee!"

And why in the world can't Harrier simply answer the question about the earth being 18,000 years old? I'd never heard that 18,000 figure before. When I used to attend church, the pastor taught that the earth was 6000 years old. Harrier, is the 18,000 from adding up generations in Genesis (using different calculations than other young earth creationists used) or from something entirely different?
It's really ridiculous the lengths he will go to avoid answering a simple question about his claim of an 18000 year old earth.

Maybe he'll answer you.

Old 01-12-2014, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
You kept demanding evidence for evolution (despite the fact that many posters have provided you with evidence in the past) and I have provided links to numerous academic sources for evidence for evolution.
None of those links answers Harrier's questions -

"WHY do YOU believe that there is observable evidence for evolution?

What is YOUR definition of evolution.

You have been asked those questions several times and have failed to answer them - instead you keep deflecting by asking Harrier a question that is irrelevant to this thread.

What is the problem?

Could it be that you know that there is no observable evidence for evolution, and that you simply parrot what other people write or say without thinking critically about what you read or hear?

Last edited by Harrier; 01-12-2014 at 12:19 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies