Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2014, 04:50 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,134,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Harrier is familiar with Darwin's work.

Why don't you just answer the question?

What are you afraid of?
If you're familiar with his work, then why are you asking such simple questions? Why are you playing these games?

Old 01-12-2014, 04:56 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,381,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
I will not judge these people.
That may change after a few threads like this and you get the same nonsense over and over and over again... especially when it comes in an aggressive/obnoxious manner.

If people have never had the opportunity to learn and they were out in the wilderness or in a 3rd world country with no access to the internet; If they weren't trying to force their religious beliefs into science class rooms and attack and misrepresent science at every opportunity and dumb down the country with scientific illiteracy; ... then neither would I. I wouldn't give 2 hoots what they believed about evolution or gods or whatever floats their boat.

Old 01-12-2014, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Harrier is quite familiar with Darwin's work, knows what the theory of evolution is(note that Harrier declined to call it scientific, because it is not), and is in a position to discuss the topic with merit.

He asked you as simple question which you refused to answer.

Why don't you answer the question?

Don't be like Ceist, who has been asked foundational questions more than several times and still refused to answer.
Looks like NJ has cottoned on to your silly games and won't play along. It's funny at first, but gets repetitive and tedious after a while.

But I'm happy for you that you've exposed the real reason you just cannot accept evolution, no matter how much evidence is piled on your doorstep:

- Happy YEC ing!

Mazeltov from Noah, his wife Joan of Arc, and their little piglet called Ham! Ken Ham that is.

Oh... And thanks for a small glimpse into the type of simplistic yet deceptive tactics your fellow YECer Ken Ham uses in 'debates'. Happy be of service so you could show us how it works. Fascinating.

Last edited by Ceist; 01-12-2014 at 05:57 AM..

Old 01-12-2014, 05:34 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,047,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
Very clever.

How about the Amazon rainforest. Did you plant that?
We, as man, can take all of the organic materials that exist in the Amazon, mix them together in a billion different ways and still not create a living organism.

I'm very science minded.....most lefties aren't. For instance......the deserts of Africa were once oceans, the proof being in the fact that actual visual and the geological record show billions of tons of fossilized life forms within the desert, which is now carbon. Carbon is the base for all life. The reason that the Amazon is so richly full of life is due to the amount of this carbon which is blown into the atmosphere in Africa and dropped over the Amazon in rain (hence the name "rain forest").

But this is above the GWNJ's heads, being that only humans cause climate change.

Old 01-12-2014, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.
― Bertrand Russell

The above quote by Russell highlights for me the frequent misrepresentations of science (especially evolutionary science) by those who don't even come close to understanding the science they are criticizing and rejecting. What is sad though, is how many make a deliberate choice not to learn.
I fully appreciate that quote.

Evolution and creation are two entirely different subjects.

As I say constantly.....that which was not created cannot evolve.

Atheists don't even want to take that into consideration.....even though very, very few people who believe in a creator take the Bible literally.

Old 01-12-2014, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Why should he? You won't answer the simple question I keep asking, which is the central point of this thread!!!! No need for any evidence for or against either evolution or creation. No need for drawn out pseudo-scientific blather ... just a simple Yes or No ... does evolution explain or prove the origin of life ... Yes or No?

What are you .. Google ? We don't need your links to Darwinist claptrap! You can't throw a rock without hitting one ... they're everywhere. And they all have one thing in common ... they all repeat the same canned manure.

So in the interests of "fairness", why don't you practice what you are preaching, and answer my simple question ....

If evolution does not explain or prove the origin of living matter (and it does not), how then can one claim that it disproves creation?

That's a very "fair" question, since you all keep insinuating it does.
Excellent!

They refuse to follow logic when it comes to creation.

As I've stated, I'm a Christian....Roman Catholic to be exact.....but I don't take the Bible literally....not even as a child.

I have always had a strong passion for science so I'm not afraid to find the answers.

Atheists will dodge the question of creation by throwing evolution out there simply because they are afraid that the answer to creation IS intelligent Design. Why do you think they don't want ID talked about in science?

Old 01-12-2014, 05:56 AM

Oh my. I found this little nugget on Ken Ham's Answers in Genesis website. He clearly thinks his 'arguments' are so persuasive that he can 'win over' atheists with silly irrational word games:
Naturalism, Logic and Reality

Those arguing against creation may not even be conscious of their most basic presupposition, one which excludes God a priori, namely naturalism/materialism (everything came from matter, there is no supernatural, no prior creative intelligence).

The following two real-life examples highlight some problems with that assumption:

A young man approached me at a seminar and stated, “Well, I still believe in the big bang, and that we arrived here by chance random processes. I don’t believe in God.” I answered him, “Well, then obviously your brain, and your thought processes, are also the product of randomness. So you don’t know whether it evolved the right way, or even what right would mean in that context. Young man, you don’t know if you’re making correct statements or even whether you’re asking me the right questions.”

The young man looked at me and blurted out, “What was that book you recommended?” He finally realized that his belief undercut its own foundations—such “reasoning” destroys the very basis for reason.

On another occasion, a man came to me after a seminar and said, “Actually, I’m an atheist. Because I don’t believe in God, I don’t believe in absolutes, so I recognize that I can’t even be sure of reality.” I responded, “Then how do you know you’re really here making this statement?” “Good point,” he replied. “What point?” I asked. The man looked at me, smiled, and said, “Maybe I should go home.” I stated, “Maybe it won’t be there.” “Good point,” the man said. “What point?” I replied.
This man certainly got the message. If there is no God, ultimately, philosophically, how can one talk about reality? How can one even rationally believe that there is such a thing as truth, let alone decide what it is?
Creation:

Old 01-12-2014, 06:02 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Figuring out where we came from isn't about Ken Ham.

Old 01-12-2014, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I fully appreciate that quote.

Evolution and creation are two entirely different subjects.

As I say constantly.....that which was not created cannot evolve.

Atheists don't even want to take that into consideration.....even though very, very few people who believe in a creator take the Bible literally.
I think there are more people than you might think in the US who take the Bible literally when it comes to evolution or creation:

Pew Research Polls - On Darwin - Creationism

So what are your views about evolution? How do you fit it with creation?

Old 01-12-2014, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Figuring out where we came from isn't about Ken Ham.
But this thread is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies