Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2014, 06:13 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
But this thread is.
And why Nye debating him isn't really all that interesting.

Old 01-12-2014, 06:16 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Excellent!

They refuse to follow logic when it comes to creation.

As I've stated, I'm a Christian....Roman Catholic to be exact.....but I don't take the Bible literally....not even as a child.

I have always had a strong passion for science so I'm not afraid to find the answers.

Atheists will dodge the question of creation by throwing evolution out there simply because they are afraid that the answer to creation IS intelligent Design. Why do you think they don't want ID talked about in science?
Because ID is not even a good hypothesis and has already been debunked and exposed as Creationism with a few 'sciency sounding' ideas like Michael Behe's Irreducible Complexity?

Ken Miller (your fellow Catholic who believes in God) was called on as an expert biologist in the Kitzmiller v Dover trial). He totally decimated the ID claims and the deceitful tactics used by Creationists to try to get Creationism/ID taught in science classes.

Ken Miller on Intelligent Design And The Kitzmiller-Dover Trial - YouTube

Last edited by Ceist; 01-12-2014 at 06:36 AM..

Old 01-12-2014, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Excellent!

They refuse to follow logic when it comes to creation.

As I've stated, I'm a Christian....Roman Catholic to be exact.....but I don't take the Bible literally....not even as a child.

I have always had a strong passion for science so I'm not afraid to find the answers.

Atheists will dodge the question of creation by throwing evolution out there simply because they are afraid that the answer to creation IS intelligent Design. Why do you think they don't want ID talked about in science?
Because there are too many unintelligent and clearly poorly 'designed' features and vestigial body parts in the human body that could really only be explained by the step by step very gradual process of evolution by natural selection - not by an intelligent designer. Unless that designer was really incompetent?

Like not being able to breathe and swallow food at the same time?

LIke Humans and other primates not being able to synthesize their own vitamin C unlike other animals because the gene that controls that became defective early on and was passed on in earlier primates?

Like too many teeth in humans for the size of the jaw?

Like poor sinus drainage?

Like the retina of the human eye being 'inside out' resulting in a blind spot?

Like the organs for reproduction and waste being so close to together resulting in infections being common?

Like weak points in the abdominal wall where hernias can form?

All of these and a lot more are 'leftovers' or 'vestigial' signs of humans evolving from earlier forms of life.

Old 01-12-2014, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
And why Nye debating him isn't really all that interesting.
Yet you are posting on this thread?

Old 01-12-2014, 07:40 AM

Quote:
We, as man, can take all of the organic materials that exist in the Amazon, mix them together in a billion different ways and still not create a living organism.

I'm very science minded.....most lefties aren't. For instance......the deserts of Africa were once oceans, the proof being in the fact that actual visual and the geological record show billions of tons of fossilized life forms within the desert, which is now carbon. Carbon is the base for all life. The reason that the Amazon is so richly full of life is due to the amount of this carbon which is blown into the atmosphere in Africa and dropped over the Amazon in rain (hence the name "rain forest").

But this is above the GWNJ's heads, being that only humans cause climate change.
Are you sure you didn't mean 'sciency' minded? Because that's all Intelligent Design is. "Sciency sounding" Creationist ideas with no evidence to support them.

Old 01-12-2014, 07:44 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
After going through this entire thread, it seems to me that some are asking the ToE advocates to provide proof that ToE has actual evidence of the origin of life.

Last edited by InformedConsent; 01-12-2014 at 07:46 AM.. Reason: Clarity

Old 01-12-2014, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
After going through this entire thread, it seems to me that some are asking the ToE advocates to provide proof that ToE has actual evidence of the origin of life.
Which would be like asking Theory of Gravity advocates to provide proof that the Theory of Gravity has actual evidence of the origins of the Universe. When that's not what the Theory of Gravity is about in the first place.

Old 01-12-2014, 07:55 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Lets get real..
George Carlin - Religion is bull**** (

Old 01-12-2014, 09:39 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
Which would be like asking Theory of Gravity advocates to provide proof that the Theory of Gravity has actual evidence of the origins of the Universe. When that's not what the Theory of Gravity is about in the first place.
Then why the claims that ToE disproves ID?

Old 01-12-2014, 10:32 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Then why the claims that ToE disproves ID?
Who has ever claimed that? ID is completely unfalsifiable. That is why it is not science.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies