Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2014, 10:36 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,382,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
What about the concept "not worth the time to address" are you unclear regarding?
I find it funny when people like that claim 'victory' if I don't respond to their aggressive demands for me to answer a long rambling irrational rant. Especially if it was so bad it wasn't worth the time to point out just how bad each and every point was. If someone's understanding of a topic like evolution is that flawed, their attitude is that fixed, they are that unwilling to learn, I'm happy to leave them to wallow in it. I don't actually care if pat themselves on the back and tell themselves that they 'won' something. I've often found with bullies that they demand you have to respond to them. My response is usually on the order of "No I don't."

”Debating creationists on the topic of evolution is rather like trying to play chess with a pigeon — it knocks the pieces over, craps on the board, and flies back to its flock to claim victory." Scott D. Weitzenhoffer

Last edited by Ceist; 01-12-2014 at 10:53 PM..

Old 01-12-2014, 10:40 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,504,794 times
So one guy will be advocating the merits of science and the other will be advocating the merits of magic. And some here seem to be on the side of magic.

Old 01-12-2014, 10:49 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
So one guy will be advocating the merits of science and the other will be advocating the merits of magic. And some here seem to be on the side of magic.
No, magic will have no place in the discussion.

Wherever you got that ridiculous idea is beyond Harrier.

The debate will be about the validity of the theory of evolution, and if Nye performs as pathetically as the evolutionists in this thread have, Ham will win easily.

Links, videos, and outright refusal to answer pertinent questions concerning evidence of evolution won't cut it.

Old 01-12-2014, 10:50 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,323,230 times
Quote:
That is not the only other option.

No. It won't. Perhaps you should study the science a little more... at least enough to come up with analogies that are not quite that clueless.

Complexity has nothing to do with it. And the universe did not pop into existence. If the laws of conservation and causality are true (and we have never, in all of human history, witnessed a violation of them) then the universe must necessarily be eternal and uncreated.

Sure there is. It is the blockhead who sees something that is not there at all.

It also says that bats are birds, locusts have four legs, and that the earth is flat and does not move.
....not to mention that rabbits chew cuds.

Old 01-12-2014, 10:55 PM

Quote:
You appear to need a different translator. The one you're using does not serve you well.
Here's a quote for you to use:

A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.
― Bertrand Russell

Old 01-12-2014, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
What is inefficient about evolution?

Survival of the fittest seems very logical to me. As one species or subspecies evolves a new defense or offense, it takes time for another to adapt or go extinct.

This is fascinating stuff.

However, I will give no quarter where it comes to a creator.
Then there is no point in me explaining what is inefficient to you about evolution is there?
Unless you are willing to accept the possibility of an imperfect, non-omnipotent, non omniscient, non intelligent 'creator'?

Old 01-12-2014, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Making such statements is a display of supreme and unimaginable ignorance. The earth biosphere and the entirety of living organisms, bacteria, insects, animals, plants, work in such an amazing symphony of symbiotic splender, to look upon this as some chaotic conglomeration of I'll concieved design is the epitome of stupidity, beyond clueless and surpasses hopelessness.

And it seems that no matter what delusional men throw at her, she manages to maintain her balance, even as fragile as subsidiary local ecosystems are. From worms tjat aerate the soil, to bees that polinate the plants, to the oceans that regulate the entire biosphere, food chain, climate, and the abundance of life on land and sea ... anyone that looks at this astounding creation with the contempt that you have boldly demonstrated, doesn't deserve the bounty this planet and this creation provides your ignorant and ungrateful azz. You should be ashamed, but you are shameless.

And this describes your ilk, and those who gravitate toward such nonsense as this. You hate humanity almost as much as you hate your creator ... as you spit on the mother that feeds you, with insulting arrogance. What a piece of work you are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4yBvvGi_2A

Old 01-12-2014, 11:24 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,416,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
No, magic will have no place in the discussion.

Wherever you got that ridiculous idea is beyond Harrier.

The debate will be about the validity of the theory of evolution, and if Nye performs as pathetically as the evolutionists in this thread have, Ham will win easily.

Links, videos, and outright refusal to answer pertinent questions concerning evidence of evolution won't cut it.
"Is creation a viable model of origins?” Creation Museum Founder and AiG President/CEO Ken Ham will debate Bill Nye at the Creation Museum on Tuesday, February 4, at 7 PM.
Bill Nye vs. Ken Ham Debate

Looks like they will be discussing magic after all.

Old 01-12-2014, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
Perfect!

Old 01-13-2014, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Making such statements is a display of supreme and unimaginable ignorance. The earth biosphere and the entirety of living organisms, bacteria, insects, animals, plants, work in such an amazing symphony of symbiotic splender, to look upon this as some chaotic conglomeration of I'll concieved design is the epitome of stupidity, beyond clueless and surpasses hopelessness.

And it seems that no matter what delusional men throw at her, she manages to maintain her balance, even as fragile as subsidiary local ecosystems are. From worms tjat aerate the soil, to bees that polinate the plants, to the oceans that regulate the entire biosphere, food chain, climate, and the abundance of life on land and sea ... anyone that looks at this astounding creation with the contempt that you have boldly demonstrated, doesn't deserve the bounty this planet and this creation provides your ignorant and ungrateful azz. You should be ashamed, but you are shameless.

And this describes your ilk, and those who gravitate toward such nonsense as this. You hate humanity almost as much as you hate your creator ... as you spit on the mother that feeds you, with insulting arrogance. What a piece of work you are.
I see you've conveniently failed to mention volcanoes that bury entire cities in ash, tsunamis that obliterate everything in their paths, destructive earthquakes, pestilence, droughts, bacteria that cut a swath of death through everything they touch, viruses that eat their hosts alive, etc.
Nature is completely indifferent to us and other living things. Nature can be unspeakably cruel. You just go ahead and focus on the warm and fuzzy aspects, and say it's all good.

Last edited by weltschmerz; 01-13-2014 at 12:28 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies