Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 09:35 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,158,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Libertarians are not a faction of the Republican Party. They have always been a completely separate political party since our party's creation in 1971 -- 42 years ago.

Just because the GOP is starting to agree with some of the things Libertarians have been saying for the last 40+ years does not make Libertarians a "faction" of the GOP. A lot of Republicans are abandoning the GOP and joining ours. Ever consider that it's because we have a compelling, fresh, viable message and the GOP doesn't?

As for the original post: You are quite right.
1.) Barack Obama says he knew nothing about Fast and Furious, so the media did not hold him accountable.
2.) Barack Obama says he knew nothing about Benghazi, so the media did not hold him accountable.
3.) Barack Obama says he knew nothing about the IRS targeting and harassing conservative groups, so the media did not hold him accountable.

Chris Christie says he knew nothing about a highway closure that looks a lot like political revenge. The media is screaming "he should have known what people working for him were up to!! Clearly he must have hinted or otherwise indicated that he wanted something like that to happen!!"

Truth is, both Obama and Christie should be accountable for the mistakes and scandals of people that were working for them. It happened on their watch. If they didn't know what was going on in their own administration, shame on them. Ignorance is no excuse. If people working for you are doing something shady and you don't fire them ASAP, then you are consenting to their actions.
Right wing media was screaming about holding Obama accountable for all of those things unless you don't consider right wing media to be real media.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2014, 09:45 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,591,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Somehow you missed the GOP demand to defund/delay the ACA as the only way to avoid a government shutdown. Not much room for compromise there. Ted Cruz backed Republicans into a corner and they were forced to give up without attaining a single goal. They cost taxpayers billions of dollars and threatened the country's credit rating--all for nothing but political theater.

Did you forget "The Ted Cruz Was Right Act" President Obama's unconstitutional executive order.

The HOUSE not the SENATE, is where the budget is made. How is Ted Cruz going to effect bills coming out of the House left and right, to compromise with the dictator and his right hand man in the senate?
Are you trying to rewrite history? You better give it more time to pass before you try that BS.

Old 01-10-2014, 09:45 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,175,777 times
If Republicans are gonna play the "holier than thou...family values...rule of law" game, then we have the right to call you guys out on it when you fall short.

Conservatives put themselves on that pedestal, and I'm gonna damn sure pick it apart every chance I get.

Deal with it, or chill with the false piety.

Old 01-10-2014, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
If Republicans are gonna play the "holier than thou...family values...rule of law" game, then we have the right to call you guys out on it when you fall short.

Conservatives put themselves on that pedestal, and I'm gonna damn sure pick it apart every chance I get.

Yes, the last days have proven, that Republicans are held to a higher standard than those that wear the Democrat label.

Old 01-10-2014, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
There was no targeting with the IRS and there was no political bullying during the shutdown from Obama unless you believe everything you hear on right wing media.

Don't be blind or hold republicans to higher standards than you do yourself as a democrat.

Old 01-10-2014, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Are you a stand-up comic? Because that's comedy gold right there!

Why are republicans held to a higher standard?

Old 01-10-2014, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Yep. BentBow deemed an executive order uunconstitutional so it must be true. It sounds like you believe yourself so good for you.

I'm not the only one. Where in the US Constitution, does it give the President the power to write law at will?

Old 01-10-2014, 09:57 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,175,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Yes, the last days have proven, that Republicans are held to a higher standard than those that wear the Democrat label.
Speaking for myself, I don't hold Republicans to a higher standard and in fact, I expect conservatives to misbehave far more than expect liberals to.

Again, Republicans invented this pious narrative about themselves, and they can't live up to it. That's been proven time and again. It's fake...everyone knows it by now. The cat has been out of the bag for years now.

But since you guys won't back off and in fact, STILL try to perpetrate a fraud about how good and altruistic you are based on tour political affiliation, I'm gonna slam you guys every time you fall short. And that's pretty damn often.

As to how Democrats behave; there's no question that we're nothing to hold up as an example, but at least we aren't phony.

Old 01-10-2014, 10:02 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,866,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Why are republicans held to a higher standard?
They're not. At least not by other Republicans.

Old 01-10-2014, 10:03 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,211,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

I am all for that. I would also like to see those on the left hold the dems equally accountable. It won't happen of course, but it would be nice to see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies