Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 02:15 PM

12,037 posts, read 6,567,177 times

Advertisements

Jon Stewart is a multi-millionare, who made all his money by being a comedic mouthpiece for the Democratic Party. His audience is primarily young and liberal and takes his "news" as fact.

Old 01-10-2014, 02:18 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,589,306 times
When did this "income inequality" become such a big rallying point for the Demorats????

The Demorats want to raise taxes on the vile, evuuull rich and promptly waste it......great idea Demodolts!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-10-2014, 02:21 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,992,868 times
Where's Stewart's rant on this egregious income inequality?

For the first time in US history, most members of Congress are millionaires.

Jon Stewart mocks ‘rich’ Romney while outpacing him in wealth

It's ironic how when liberals rant about income inequality they never think of all the overpaid millionaire celebrities that they take their political cues from.

HuffPo is a joke-
Jon Stewart spent much of Thursday's "Daily Show" on a topic he's clearly passionate over: Income inequality. Or, more specifically, the Republican party and conservative media's trend of going out of their way to demonize citizens in poverty and defend the rich.
So the progressives' answer to this is: demonize the rich and steal from them, to give to themselves? L.O.L.

Old 01-10-2014, 02:21 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,856,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
And I bet you think Rush, Hannity, and Beck write all their own stuff? Lol.
No, I don't. I don't listen/read any of those you listed.

I don't give ANYONE in the media -- regardless of what type of media they are in -- any credit for having original thoughts. We live in an era of packaged, airbrushed news.

There are very few deep-thinkers in the US media.

Old 01-10-2014, 02:24 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,856,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
When did this "income inequality" become such a big rallying point for the Demorats????

The Demorats want to raise taxes on the vile, evuuull rich and promptly waste it......great idea Demodolts!!!!!!!!!!
Sadly, this is one of two remaining agenda items that Obama will use to distract the low-information types away from the issues surrounding Obamacare.

Obama is JUST like his father -- he f**ks up one thing and moves quickly on to the next before having to deal with the consequences.

Old 01-10-2014, 02:34 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,941,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I wonder if the camera crew recognized the hypocracy in Jon Stewarts "rant" on inequality..
I doubt they have your supernatural insight to the non-exsistant.

Old 01-10-2014, 02:34 PM

278 posts, read 273,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Jon Stewart is a multi-millionare, who made all his money by being a comedic mouthpiece for the Democratic Party. His audience is primarily young and liberal and takes his "news" as fact.
Sounds like Fox "news" for the republicans!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
See what I did there?
Good job!

Old 01-10-2014, 02:37 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,941,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Where's Stewart's rant on this egregious income inequality?

For the first time in US history, most members of Congress are millionaires.

Jon Stewart mocks ‘rich’ Romney while outpacing him in wealth

It's ironic how when liberals rant about income inequality they never think of all the overpaid millionaire celebrities that they take their political cues from.

HuffPo is a joke-
Jon Stewart spent much of Thursday's "Daily Show" on a topic he's clearly passionate over: Income inequality. Or, more specifically, the Republican party and conservative media's trend of going out of their way to demonize citizens in poverty and defend the rich.
So the progressives' answer to this is: demonize the rich and steal from them, to give to themselves? L.O.L.
I think Jon specifically called out the folk on wall street that got all those bail-outs without any of them being investigated for any wrong-doing...Did you miss that?

You think Jon was advocating stealing from all those that wrecked the economy and recieved bailouts?

Old 01-10-2014, 02:46 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,084,373 times
If he is for income equality then I guess you might see him driving around the streets of south central LA handing out money.

Old 01-10-2014, 02:48 PM

7,214 posts, read 9,392,923 times
So according to the right wing posters here, because Stewart is wealthy, it invalidates all his points. OK, we'll keep that in mind the next time some rich Republican says anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies