Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2014, 01:06 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I just find it funny when people say all those not in the workforce are too lazy to work without ever trying to prove who make up that 92 million.
People who throw stones shouldn't live in glass houses.
Didn't you do the very same without trying to prove who make up that 92 million ?

Quote:
I see the OP hasn't addressed the fact that many of that 92 million are retired people, college students, and disabled people. And mix in people who don't need a job because they are wealthy for being wealthy, like Mitt Romney.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2014, 01:12 PM

24,510 posts, read 33,309,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
But you certainly won't admit that the current Great Recession is the direct result of the failed moronic tax cut/trickle-down/deregulation policies that the GOP is fighting so hard to keep and expand.
Tax cuts don't cause a recession. Just the opposite; the economy improves after a tax cut.

What is moronic is believing that taking more of wage earner's money will "help" the economy.

Old 01-12-2014, 01:49 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
People who throw stones shouldn't live in glass houses.
Didn't you do the very same without trying to prove who make up that 92 million ?
I didn't do the same thing, I did point out that those 92 million Americans are all different types of people rather than just a bunch of people too lazy to work.

I am still waiting for proof that all of them are a bunch of lazy people like a number of right wingers have claimed.

Old 01-12-2014, 02:43 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
I didn't do the same thing, I did point out that those 92 million Americans are all different types of people rather than just a bunch of people too lazy to work.

I am still waiting for proof that all of them are a bunch of lazy people like a number of right wingers have claimed.
And I asked you for proof of your claim that they are retired, disabled, students (who aren't counted) and those "rich like Romney".

You can't say they are wrong anymore than you can say you are right.
And all because the BLS does not give out that detail.

Old 01-12-2014, 02:55 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
I just find it funny when people say all those not in the workforce are too lazy to work without ever trying to prove who make up that 92 million.
No where near as funny as people saying its because others are retiring, as if thats never happened in the past..

Old 01-12-2014, 03:19 PM

3,555 posts, read 4,095,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
No where near as funny as people saying its because others are retiring, as if thats never happened in the past..
Have you ever heard of the baby boomers? The participation trend actually started in 2000.

More Americans leaving the workforce - USATODAY.com

Old 01-12-2014, 04:00 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Tax cuts don't cause a recession. Just the opposite; the economy improves after a tax cut.

What is moronic is believing that taking more of wage earner's money will "help" the economy.

As moronic as cherry-picking tax cuts from tax cuts/trickle-down/deregulation and looking at it in isolation instead of an integral part of a failed agenda?

Old 01-12-2014, 04:12 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:
And what proof do you have that 92 million Americans are too lazy to work? Do you have any proof to back this claim up or is this just something your right wing media told you to say?
Even Obama doesn't believe that Americans want jobs -- and that's why he wants to add the 11 to 30 million illegals to the legal labor pools and let them go after better jobs.

Why on earth would he be encouraging illegals to remain here if he thought Americans would want jobs?

Old 01-12-2014, 05:26 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,930,930 times
Quote:
So what you are saying is you have no idea who make up the 92 million nor do those claiming them to all be nothing but lazy people.
I posted this thread earlier. It is filled with data and links. No point in rehashing. The latter parts have more links, mostly to BLS data. Can just scan through it.
UE rate continues to fall - now down to 7.0%

The biggest declines by far are in 16-54 group. Certain young groups losing rapidly. The other trends show that 54+ will be working more not less in future. These are projections.

Here this chart shows some interesting trends. Don't see 16-19 or prior to 25 though. Also one showing that in 2000 65 and older of LFPR was 2%, in 2013 it shows 5%. 55-64 was 10%, now 16%. 16-24 was 16%, now 14%. (appear to be non-adj BLS) Didn't verify the numbers.
http://advisorperspectives.com/dshor...FPR-by-Age.php

Last edited by CDusr; 01-12-2014 at 06:02 PM..

Old 01-12-2014, 05:40 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
And I asked you for proof of your claim that they are retired, disabled, students (who aren't counted) and those "rich like Romney".

You can't say they are wrong anymore than you can say you are right.
And all because the BLS does not give out that detail.

Romney Says He's Unemployed - YouTube

Funny how you are going after me and not those that claim that the 92 million are a bunch of lazy people. But you are right, if the BLS doesn't give out that detail, then everything is speculation.

But always remember, Richie Rich Mitt Romney claimed to be one of those 92 million people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies