Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2014, 04:40 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,358,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Duh. Because it was in the news big time when it happened? Anyone who read a paper or watched the news knew about it. You've heard about newspapers and television news--they came before computers.
It was in the news 'big time' yet nobody brought it up??? OK.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2014, 05:32 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
The idiot's aunt and uncle should have been deported. Auntie is a welfare sucking queen and his uncle is a DUI king.

The article never crossed a line. I would have been more critical than that.

Old 01-12-2014, 05:37 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Please only respond if you read the article.

Auntie Zeituni makes it "Work" | Boston Herald

The article makes some fair points about the problems with welfare and other assistance programs in America. It also points out Obama's disingenuous remarks about not meeting anyone ever that would rather collect a check on unemployment than have a job.

However, bringing in his aunt who is collecting $ on the public dole and then pointing out how she entered the country illegally...is that not crossing the line as she is NOT a public figure? Yes it shows that Obama's words were delusional or a lie...but should this kind of article be tolerated?

The truth comes in many forms.

It is the lies and defamation, that should never be tolerated.

Old 01-12-2014, 05:49 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,345,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Cross a line?

Okay, first off, it isn't an article, it's a column, an anti-Obama screed, rather, without a grain of substance to it, coming from the Boston Herald's notorious hatemonger Howie Carr. I don't think your boy Howie recognizes any line to be crossed. Certainly not any line that has anything to do with accuracy or fairness.

In that light,, it's hard to say whether the personal attacks at a relative of the President are the worst part of the column, or his reference to the President's "shiftless, lowlife base", or his lies about the families receiving Temporary Assistance to Needy Families: "it’s not temporary, most of them aren’t needy and that very few of them are real families".

Any way you look at it, once you're taking anything Howie Carr says seriously you're way beyond caring about whether he crossed any particular line of propriety in political commentary.
Liberal/Obama Supporter Auto Response Protocolâ„¢

1. The source isn't valid
2. That's racist
3. GOP obstruction
4. But...but...but George W. Bush
5. Haters gonna hate
6. Sour grapes- your guy lost
7. The insurance companies are at fault, Obama didn't lie
8. Repeat 1,2,3,4,5, 6 and/or 7 as needed then insult the opposition for failing to support this great man, declare victory, and move on

That whole pesky first amendment thing is really troubling for liberals when people they disagree with exercise their rights.

Old 01-12-2014, 05:59 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Yes. While illegally here she gets free housing and Disability payments of $700 a month. She was ordered out of the country previously, but didn't leave.
I'm guessing the article certainly didn't cross the line in your eyes. Or was that just a rhetorical question?

From what I read on this forum ~ nothing is off limits when it comes to President Obama.

Old 01-12-2014, 06:05 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,880,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Does it really matter if anything "crosses the line" when dealing with President Obama?

Not with this crowd.
You're correct, it would be impossible to get low enough to ever reach comrade obama's level.
He is pure gutter slime, an evil and dangerous man who wishes to destroy America...

Old 01-12-2014, 06:14 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,782,576 times
Hilarious.

People who spent so much time calling Bush AWOL, a Nazi, a murderer etc., are suddenly very concerned over whether someone is "crossing a line" in criticizing the President.

These people are so used to lying and character assassination, they don't even realize when they sound ridiculous. It's all the same to them.

Old 01-12-2014, 06:20 PM

29,822 posts, read 24,902,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Nah its pretty much the norm now.

Turn on tv or go on internet, see rednecks obsessively complaining about Obama.
Pretty sad when you think about it... I mean, the rednecks obviously have their finger on the pulse of this nation while the libs seem to have their finger up their rear. The libs always brag about how their are the intellectuals and all, so why are they so lost when it comes to the health and vitality of our nation? How can they not see the damage being perpetrated by the dictator in chief?

Old 01-12-2014, 06:21 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,368,395 times
Quote:
To answer your question--yes it crosses the line. I do not remember anyone bringing up Neil Bush's role in ripping off the country for $1.5 billion during the savings and loan banking collapse, despite how closely the economic collapse under the Bush admin resembled it. I do not see how the actions of a president's relative is relevant to the admin in the same way that extreme right-wing talk show hosts and columnists do. Your title question is extremely disingenuous as you appear to believe it does not cross the line but felt the article should be brought to people's attention.
Quote:
Duh. Because it was in the news big time when it happened? Anyone who read a paper or watched the news knew about it. You've heard about newspapers and television news--they came before computers.
Does it hurt to talk out both sides of your mouth like that? And you want to talk about people being disingenuous? The hypocrisy of the left knows no bounds.

Old 01-12-2014, 06:22 PM

26,493 posts, read 15,070,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenfield View Post
His aunt has been in the news since before the 08 election. I'm curious about what you mean by "should this kind of article be tolerated." Do you propose to take away the free speech rights of the president's critics? Isn't that exactly what the First Amendment was designed to protect?
No. I am fine with criticizing Obama. I do it all the time. See: Obama supporters will go hysterical over this well sourced list of 504 examples of his lying, lawbreaking, corruption, cronyism, etc. | Dan from Squirrel Hill's Blog

I just don't like bringing family into it - but maybe she made herself a public figure with the interviews she gave and then Obama's foolish statement about unemployment checks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I'm guessing the article certainly didn't cross the line in your eyes. Or was that just a rhetorical question?

From what I read on this forum ~ nothing is off limits when it comes to President Obama.
#1 It is a legitimate question for discussion whether or not it crosses the line. It really doesn't matter what I think when I pose the question.

#2 I thought it was over the line when I created the thread, but I didn't realize that she was outspoken with the media on how America owes her and anyone here illegally a free house and a free life style. I am starting to think that she gave herself a public position. I didn't realize she did that.

#3 Are you mad that I pointed out facts? Yes, the facts make her look bad. She is here illegally. She was told to leave. She chose to disobey the court. She refused to work. She gets free housing and free money. She flaunts it on TV that she is owed it. Be mad at her behavior or the system that allows this behavior, not me for stating facts.

#4 Nothing is off limits with Bush or Palin. Read a news article's comments next time. See the perverse things Democrats say about her or her grandson with special needs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies