U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2014, 03:36 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,214,481 times

Advertisements

I live in PA, grew up in NJ and after sandy I heard the stronger then the storm AD on the radio, TV and it would seem every hour this stupid ad would come on. 25 million federal dollars went to tell people the shores are open.
25 million dollars to tell local residents ALL SUMMER and early fall they are open.

I hear people complaining those who lost homes etc at the shore upset with the money being spent on this and or fooling people that everything is fixed.

1. This money wasn't well spent.
2. I suspect it will take years to repair these homes, not sure the 25 million would have fixed them all.
3. You live next to the ocean, the rest of the country is not REQUIRED to help you, nor fund you. You should pay a VERY VERY HIGH INSURANCE RATE to live near the beach end of story and when a storm comes you are covered and not asking for the governor of NJ to promote stupid jingles! ITS the OCEAN people and at any time the entire beach can be destoryed. Like you are someone special and think because you live near the beach you get special treatment. Talk to the people who lose homes every year during tornado season. I'm sure the insurance rates are high with this common occurrence.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2014, 03:41 PM

56,374 posts, read 38,822,778 times
Living in a flood plain is a choice.

No reason why the federal government should insure the risk. Exiting the market gracefully is a challenge, given mortgages require insurance and property values depend on mortgages.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies