Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 11:33 PM

5,356 posts, read 5,134,067 times

Advertisements

Have you guys heard of study drugs? They are amphetamines that students take to help them really focus on homework or papers. That would be a non addictive use of hard stimulants.

Alot of people do this by the way.

Not me though. I don't think hard stimulants are good ever.

Read the experiences here though. Not all of these people were addicts or are still addicts, but their not good advertisements for these drugs.
http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/meth/meth.shtml
http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/cocaine/cocaine.shtml
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2014, 11:46 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil P View Post
Have you guys heard of study drugs? They are amphetamines that students take to help them really focus on homework or papers. That would be a non addictive use of hard stimulants.
Phil there is no doubt that drugs like amphetamines can increase your abilities but there is no such thing as non addictive use. That's how most people fall into the addiction trap, they don't know what addiction is and before they know it they are addicted. Everyone is different, for some people they can walk away before they get in trouble and for others it's an instant lifetime nightmare.

There is saying about heroin addiction called "chasing the dragon", that first high is going to be the best one you have. After that it's all down hill and the heroin addict "chases that dragon" for the rest of their lives, they are after that first high but they are never going to get it. That is one the reasons heroin is so addicting.

Old 01-15-2014, 01:01 AM

15,531 posts, read 10,501,555 times
"Most crack cocaine and meth users aren't addicts"

I don't think cocaine is. However, everyone I've ever talked to about it says meth is super addictive. The only person that I personally knew who did it (a kid from my kid's high school) died a couple of years ago. The last time I saw him, he looked like ****. Stossel gets a little out there sometimes.

Old 01-15-2014, 01:44 AM

23,221 posts, read 29,044,905 times
A far better word choice for addict is victim!

Old 01-15-2014, 02:21 AM

6,354 posts, read 3,654,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chin_Muzik_NJ View Post
Crack and meth are addictive drugs. That being said, people should have every right to throw their life away to an addiction.
2 people I know turned into prostitutes because of crack cocaine (and one of them is a man.) I have had a very, very beautiful 20 year old girl, offer me sex for $6.00 (6 dollars), so she could buy crack. Those drugs destroy lives, and people choose those drugs over life itself.

Personally I do not believe we could 100% legalize those drugs without causing major problems.

Old 01-15-2014, 02:25 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
OP makes a good point. I've always said that alcohol is the worst drug of all, deleterious to both brain and body. Yet many people use it in moderation and manage it. The 'fried egg' PSA and other PSA's clearly were the product of fraud. Your brain on big gov't.

All that said, I continue my one-note-samba that if we have a welfare state, I want a nanny state to go with it. If you want to smoke, drink, or shoot up, it's your business, right up to the point where Obamacare covers rehab, and then it becomes my business as a taxpayer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies