Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 10:01 AM

4,321 posts, read 5,116,719 times

Advertisements

I hate to say it but the OP's cousin probably just doesn't like her. The whole satan outrage thing is just a result of that. People can get weird and awkward when they at heart, don't like someone.

Some people can never accept that someone doesn't like them. Look at how popular the 'kill them with kindness' tactic is. But it's usually a lost cause. 'Kill them with kindness' is much more prevalent in Southern and/or rural areas. It is rooted in selfishness.

Old 01-16-2014, 10:02 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,156,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Personally I have not seen one post from you that is rational and factual.
Quote:
Is there not any truth in these? Are you logical and do you know facts?
Oh the irony! Boo hoo hoo, poor cons acting the victim.

Old 01-16-2014, 10:03 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,493,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Oh the irony! Boo hoo hoo, poor cons acting the victim.
Here we go again. Name calling starts when I was merely asking a question.

Old 01-16-2014, 10:04 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,156,601 times
Quote:
Here we go again. Name calling starts when I was merely asking a question.
What's the question? You've consistently proved my point. I can't take you seriously, end of story.

Old 01-16-2014, 10:05 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,293,583 times
One of the reasons I do not generally participate in social media is the Balkanization it creates. I am especially opposed to the movement toward non-negotiable "real identity" social media. I hold strong opinions about several controversial topics, which I no longer feel comfortable discussing on-line -- politely, of course -- because of the risk that it may "taint" someone I care about through any shared social media connections. The real identity movement squelches honest, forthright discussion about tough issues. As a result, I am growing more and more insulated from people whose opinions counter mine, which is a truly a shame for everyone involved. The internet is becoming an echo chamber.

Last edited by randomparent; 01-16-2014 at 10:16 AM..

Old 01-16-2014, 10:07 AM

67,652 posts, read 60,458,744 times
Quote:
You still need to explain what does it take to believe in something that:
1. Never proven to be existing.
2. Created by people who didn't even know the earth is round but somehow they could reach out to some supreme being.

The best part I like, which actually is my reason to be religious, is that I can twist every part of "words from God" to fit my need.
I don't "need to explain" any of that on this thread - that is off topic. If you would like to discuss those, there's a religious section on this forum.

Old 01-16-2014, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
What's the question? You've consistently proved my point. I can't take you seriously, end of story.
?

I asked if you are factual or rational. That means if 1+1=2, you aren't going to say 3 just because you don't like 2 or when the data clearly shows that gun ownership has nothing to do with suicide rate, you aren't going to start name calling but rather admitting the fact that it has no effect on suicide.

Old 01-16-2014, 10:10 AM

67,652 posts, read 60,458,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
I hate to say it but the OP's cousin probably just doesn't like her. The whole satan outrage thing is just a result of that. People can get weird and awkward when they at heart, don't like someone.

Some people can never accept that someone doesn't like them. Look at how popular the 'kill them with kindness' tactic is. But it's usually a lost cause. 'Kill them with kindness' is much more prevalent in Southern and/or rural areas. It is rooted in selfishness.
What?

Until several weeks ago (when I made the 7 hour drive to see her) we hadn't even seen each other since we were kids. However, when we were kids, we were very close, for all of our childhood. She had a rougher childhood than I did, and when she was about 18, she ran away from home, dropped completely out of sight, and didn't communicate with any family till she was in her forties (which really bothered me, because we had been close prior to this). I finally found her (I had been concerned about her for decades) online, and reached out to her. She responded eagerly. We began catching up with each other via email, online chat, and FB. It was a mutual relationship - both of us interacting equally and on good terms. That is, until I "liked" a comment she didn't agree with. WOW. That's all it took to alienate her? Amazing. No wonder she's had a lifetime of broken relationships.

Old 01-16-2014, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I don't "need to explain" any of that on this thread - that is off topic. If you would like to discuss those, there's a religious section on this forum.
Fair point.

Old 01-16-2014, 10:14 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,248,107 times
Quote:
Personally I have not seen one post from you that is rational and factual.
Back atcha.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies