Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2014, 10:13 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times

Advertisements

k12 is a giant political reeducation camp where people are taught shame guilt and subservience and the general inferior and subordinate role of white male children. if nothing else gay teachings are an attempt to save some of them from a relentless racial and gender hate machine. our children are defenseless and at the mercy of this monsterous creation. did i mention that i did not like k12?

2,234 posts, read 1,759,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
OP missed the entire point and the underlying meaning of the article, but nevertheless, are you going to make your kids haters and bigots or are you just going to shelter them from the rest of the world until they are old enough to venture out on their own and discover that you were not telling them everything about the big bad world? My guess is the former.
I see nothing wrong with teaching children personal values especially if they go against a particular religion. Just because people do not agree with or want their children exposed to homosexuality does not mean they're teaching hate. I'm Agnostic and will raise my children that way because I do not believe in any particular religion; however, that in no way implies that I'm teaching my children to be bigots or to hate Christians, Muslims, Jews, etc... It only means that in your Liberal mind..

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppalachianAmerican View Post
So far its either let them be indoctrinated by the homosexuals or I am a hater...amusing and ignorant all at the same time ya are.
I specifically asked if you were going to just shelter them as opposed to teaching them that homosexuals were something to be reviled? You are the one displaying ignorance if you did not understand a very straighforward question.

Old 01-15-2014, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
But sooner or later, they will discover that gay people exist.
So what? Sooner or later my 4 year old son will discover where to stick a certain part of his anatomy, but that doesn't mean I personally should expose him to it nor should his school make that decision for me. It should be acceptable for you to CHOOSE what values you want to instill in your children and when whether it be about sex, Santa Clause, or homosexuality. The same should go for me...

Old 01-15-2014, 10:20 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
But sooner or later, they will discover that gay people exist, unless you plan to keep them in an underground bunker, or in Russia, forever.

strange, I did not mention gay people, you did. I was thinking more of the nutcases such as the 12 year old female that got pregnant in the last town I lived in, or the nutcases who think it is alright for kids to go out and have 2 tattoos and 10 body piercings by the age of 16.

Old 01-15-2014, 10:21 PM

Quote:
I specifically asked if you were going to just shelter them as opposed to teaching them that homosexuals were something to be reviled? You are the one displaying ignorance if you did not understand a very straighforward question.
I'm teaching my children that I don't agree with it, but still accept and respect other people's life style choices... How about you & pch1013 do the same...

Old 01-15-2014, 10:26 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
I see nothing wrong with teaching children personal values especially if they go against a particular religion. Just because people do not agree with or want their children exposed to homosexuality does not mean they're teaching hate. I'm Agnostic and will raise my children that way because I do not believe in any particular religion; however, that in no way implies that I'm teaching my children to be bigots or to hate Christians, Muslims, Jews, etc... It only means that in your Liberal mind..
I was addressing the OP and this particular OP has said some vile things in reference to homosexuals in other threads, so my post was tailored for the OP.

I'm not sure what "exposed" to homosexuality means. When I was 9 years old, a gay couple moved a few doors down from my family and my mom being a very friendly person, got to know them and would visit and sometimes I accompanied her. Without going into great detail, she explained to me that they loved each other and chose to live together as a couple. They were great people and one of them was a great cook and I loved it when she would bring baked stuff over to share with us. This never had an adverse affect on my life in any way and was no big deal because my mom did not make a big deal of their private lives. I was "exposed" to homosexuality and I survived it unscathed. I don't know what others mean by exposed, but this happened in the 1960's and it was not such a big deal to my mom even back then.

I also have a friend that from a very early age (10) confessed to me that she liked girls as much or more than boys. She married had two kids and is now a grandmother of five. Her husband passed away years back and she is now living with a woman that she loves. I stilll consider her a best friend and she has always been the same person that I knew when we were both kids. So, I guess I was exposed at age 10 too...with no great harm done to my psyche.

Old 01-15-2014, 10:30 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,462,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
strange, I did not mention gay people, you did. I was thinking more of the nutcases such as the 12 year old female that got pregnant in the last town I lived in, or the nutcases who think it is alright for kids to go out and have 2 tattoos and 10 body piercings by the age of 16.
Well, homosexuality is the topic of this thread.

But this might be a good time to remind everyone of the difference between orientation and behavior. Getting pregnant at 12, or letting your kids get tattoos and piercings at age 16, are both examples of behavior (and very stupid behavior in my opinion too).

Being gay (or hetero, or bisexual) is an inherent, immutable part of who a person is, whether they ever actually act on it or not.

Old 01-15-2014, 10:38 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
Well, homosexuality is the topic of this thread.

But this might be a good time to remind everyone of the difference between orientation and behavior. Getting pregnant at 12, or letting your kids get tattoos and piercings at age 16, are both examples of behavior (and very stupid behavior in my opinion too).

Being gay (or hetero, or bisexual) is an inherent, immutable part of who a person is, whether they ever actually act on it or not.

the topic of the thread is about indoctrinating our children. I do not give a crap about whether or not a person is gay or not, as long as they respect my right to liberty without government interference.

Old 01-15-2014, 10:39 PM

Quote:
I was addressing the OP and this particular OP has said some vile things in reference to homosexuals in other threads, so my post was tailored for the OP.

I'm not sure what "exposed" to homosexuality means. When I was 9 years old, a gay couple moved a few doors down from my family and my mom being a very friendly person, got to know them and would visit and sometimes I accompanied her. Without going into great detail, she explained to me that they loved each other and chose to live together as a couple. They were great people and one of them was a great cook and I loved it when she would bring baked stuff over to share with us. This never had an adverse affect on my life in any way and was no big deal because my mom did not make a big deal of their private lives. I was "exposed" to homosexuality and I survived it unscathed. I don't know what others mean by exposed, but this happened in the 1960's and it was not such a big deal to my mom even back then.
Meaning I do not want my children exposed to homosexuality plan and simple. Obviously I know that they will not be damaged for life and that homosexuals can be great people, but I just do not agree with it. I believe a man should be with a woman, but I do not really give a damn about nor do I hate anyone for what they choose to do as long as they aren't affecting me or my chosen lifestyle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies