Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2014, 12:27 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Yes there has. I find it funny that not one person on here tried to debunk my post earlier on this thread on how Gardasil destroyed a young girls life. The reason is they can't.

The Dark Side of Gardasil - SaneVax, Inc.

The Dark Side Of Gardasil: My Story - YouTube

I am calling on all the pro-vaxers to debunk this!
I'm not going to waste 16 minutes of my life watching a propaganda video. I will say she looks pretty good, for having been harmed by a vaccine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I tend to treat others with the same level of respect as they treat me. You obviously do not understand what I have been talking about if you are still arguing these same points. What is the point of mammograms if they do not prevent deaths from breast cancer?
Still arguing? I was gone for a while, doing something other than posting on CD. I came back and saw the discussion. The point of the mammogram is early detection. The person then has to do the followup. Breast cancer has become so politicized lately, it's hard to know what to think. Yes, I get a yearly mammogram.

Old 01-17-2014, 12:28 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,738,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
uhm a mammogram does not prevent cancer

it does not prevent death from untreated cancer

all it does it TEST and CHECK if you have 'something' out of the ordinary (might not be cancerous either)
You can't get treated for something that you don't know that you have. Detection is a huge part of preventing deaths from cancer. Treatment is another huge part but you can't have treatment without detection. They are two pieces of the same puzzle and both are important.

Pap smears have reduced cervical cancer rates by 70%. How can that be since they are nothing but a screening tool? Because if you know that your cells are precancerous, you will get treatment and thus avoid getting a full blown case of invasive cervical cancer. This is not complicated. I have no idea why we are still arguing over this basic fact. Screening is an important piece to the puzzle. Pap smears do nothing to prevent someone from getting HPV or any other STD for that matter but they absolutely do prevent those abnormal cells from developing into invasive cervical cancer by significant margins due to detection. And once those abnormal cells are detected a woman can receive treatment. This is a fact.

Last edited by MissTerri; 01-17-2014 at 12:37 PM..

Old 01-17-2014, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I'm not going to waste 16 minutes of my life watching a propaganda video. I will say she looks pretty good, for having been harmed by a vaccine.
How sad that you can't take 16 minutes out of your life to hear this girl tell her story in her own words. By the way, she does comment on her appearance of looking healthy.

Quote:
Still arguing? I was gone for a while, doing something other than posting on CD. I came back and saw the discussion. The point of the mammogram is early detection. The person then has to do the followup. Breast cancer has become so politicized lately, it's hard to know what to think. Yes, I get a yearly mammogram.
See post 92.

Old 01-17-2014, 12:36 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,238,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
That issue is addressed starting at 9:40 in the video.

"Without make up my face is blood red from severe chronic pain." There are many more issues she goes over after that.

Old 01-17-2014, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
That issue is addressed starting at 9:40 in the video.

"Without make up my face is blood red from severe chronic pain." There are many more issues she goes over after that.
Exactly. And she talks about how much energy it take for her to just take a shower and put on that makeup so that she can appear healthy.

Old 01-17-2014, 01:03 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,320,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
las vegas drunk, that girl's story is compelling and reason enough for the vaccine to be taken off of the market. Sadly, her story is not unique. This vaccine is not safe enough and should be pulled.
I almost died from 3 doses of Motrin, an NSAID. I was actually given transfusions and then the Last Rites. Are you suggesting we pull Motrin and Advil?
Some people are allergic to aspirin. Are you suggesting we pull aspirin?
Penicillin can cause death in a small segment of the population. Are you suggesting we pull penicillin?
Some people have untoward effects from contrast medium in diagnostic tests. Are you suggesting we pull those tests?

Last edited by weltschmerz; 01-17-2014 at 02:07 PM..

Old 01-17-2014, 01:08 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,320,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk
Yes there has. I find it funny that not one person on here tried to debunk my post earlier on this thread on how Gardasil destroyed a young girls life. The reason is they can't
Do we have anything besides her word on it? Any statements from her doctor or a team of doctors from a teaching hospital?
Dr. Mercola from Natural News and his ilk don't count.

Old 01-17-2014, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
I almost died from 3 doses of Motrin, an NSAID. I was actually given transfusions and then the Last Rites. Are you suggesting we pull Motrin and Advil?
Some peiople are allergic to aspirin. Are you suggesting we pull aspirin?
Penecillin can cause death in a small segment of the population. Are you suggesting we pull penecillin?
Some people have untoward effects from contrast medium in diagnostic tests. Are you suggesting we pull those tests?

I am saying that we should pull the HPV vaccine until further research can be done to ensure that it is not causing deaths and serious reactions like the one in the video. We have already have a pretty effective way to detect pre cervical cancer via pap smears and the treatment for these abnormal cells that can be detected through regular paps is pretty darn effective. Since we already have measures in place that are effective and safe we can surely afford to send the HPV vaccine back to the drawing board until it's safety can be better assured. I don't see a dire need for this vaccine to be on the market when there has been numerous serious reactions, such as the in the video. It's not worth the risk.

Old 01-17-2014, 01:13 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
The thing about this young girl is that it's true, until it can be directly linked to the vaccine (via scientific discovery as to WHY and HOW) it's anecdotal. A friend of mine was diagnosed with Lupus years ago and in a very short time her life got terribly difficult. I don't know what she did or ate or drank or injected or breathed in prior to the diagnosis but I suppose she could have picked out something and blamed it.

Don't think continuting studies and research ARE'NT being done, because they are. If a pattern emerges then something will probably be taken off the market. But so far there has been no pattern.

Old 01-17-2014, 01:15 PM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times
This nonsense from the OP has been going around for about 5 years now. It is completely and thoroughly debunked in Snopes. Be careful of any "news" you get from a site like the Daily Sheeple. It is the sheeple on the fringe that fall for this stuff. Daily Sheeple followers are easily swayed by misinformation because they lack the education and judgment to be skeptical about what they read on sites like that and check it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies