U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 01-18-2014, 08:37 AM
 
5,080 posts, read 3,588,800 times
Reputation: 2144

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
I know all too well CDusr but put it that way for the politically confused still in the daze of the left and right paradigm.

There is no way to get to them exposing it all out in the open so you have to play their partisan games in order to get them to think, and maybe 10 years from now, something will click in place in their heads.

The left / right paradigm serve the same masters and it is not humanity they serve either.

If I was a religious man, I would say they serve Satan himself.

Deception, Greed, Sloth, Theft, Murder, Liars, Right is Wrong and Wrong is Right and so on have all been accepted by these cockroaches as things to uphold as righteous.
To add a little humor to the discussion. Beware, foul language. I would bury those cockroaches!


Scarface bury those cockroaches - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-18-2014, 08:48 AM
 
8,458 posts, read 2,794,032 times
Reputation: 1080
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
To add a little humor to the discussion. Beware, foul language. I would bury those cockroaches!


Scarface bury those cockroaches - YouTube
That reminds me of this comedy song. Very funny. Warning the f*bomb is everywhere.
However, it seems really appropriate now, lol.

I Didn't F*ck It Up - Katie Goodman of Broad Comedy - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2014, 08:54 AM
 
Location: 500 miles from home
9,578 posts, read 4,766,393 times
Reputation: 8702
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
So these clowns for years have tried to get everybody in debt by just handing em credit cards and mortgages, car loans etc. Then when the sheet hits the fan they take their home from them and turn around and rent it back to em basically and start jacking the rent price. Just unreal........and then securitize the things to boot. I'm sure the government is in there somewhere backing these things. Gotta be. What was that a five point something return? So is that what your rent will go up every year?
I agree with you on this one chief.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
Welcome to Pottertville!! Now don't even think of being late on your rent payments now.
Ha! Sad, but true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
I know all too well CDusr but put it that way for the politically confused still in the daze of the left and right paradigm.

There is no way to get to them exposing it all out in the open so you have to play their partisan games in order to get them to think, and maybe 10 years from now, something will click in place in their heads.

The left / right paradigm serve the same masters and it is not humanity they serve either.

If I was a religious man, I would say they serve Satan himself.

Deception, Greed, Sloth, Theft, Murder, Liars, Right is Wrong and Wrong is Right and so on have all been accepted by these cockroaches as things to uphold as righteous.
God, that is so scary but it's all true, I'm afraid. If the individual didn't BEFORE he got elected, he will shortly thereafter. Ugh.

Where should I move is the question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2014, 09:06 AM
 
8,458 posts, read 2,794,032 times
Reputation: 1080
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I agree with you on this one chief.



Ha! Sad, but true.



God, that is so scary but it's all true, I'm afraid. If the individual didn't BEFORE he got elected, he will shortly thereafter. Ugh.

Where should I move is the question.
Just read a lengthy article on someone relinquishing their US citizenship. Sounded seriously involved.
Moving is always a very personal thing, have to research well.

Apparently, according to this little article. This new product is already popular. So this little test seems to be paying off.
The New Bond That's Supposed To Revolutionize The Housing Market Is Already A Huge Hit
quote:
"This deal firmly establishes that capital markets are ready for this new asset class," an unnamed RMBS investor told Tempkin. "It is massively better execution than bank-finance alternatives. It shows that the securitization markets are open for rental-finance strategies, and that there is significant capital downstream for this sector."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2014, 09:38 AM
 
Location: Barrington
20,055 posts, read 14,411,868 times
Reputation: 6212
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
MERS is a far bigger issue. I suppose "mistaken" is a subjective word.
New York's US Bankruptcy Court Rules MERS's Business Model Is Illegal.

Don't get to see this kind of thing everyday.
The Daily Show: Couple "Forecloses" On Bank Of America
Have you ever heard of CEDE&Co? From time to time a blogger stumbles on it and writes a piece about how this ghost company controls the markets as a part of some conspiracy theory. Virtually all stock is held in this nominee name. IBM does not know you own 100 shares of their stock. The owner of this nominee name knows exactly which broker or bank owns x shares of IBM. In turn, each broker or bank knows which of their customers own X shares of IBM.

MERs is a similar concept. It is the nominee owner of about 2/3rds of all outstanding mortgages. It allows mortgages to be sold outright and or securitized without recording changes with the county. It allows servicing the mortgage ( collection and disbursement of monthly P&I) to be assigned, sold or leased independent of title.

When the bubble imploded some attorneys challenged the nominee concept and became the so called whistle blowers of robosigning. Some states/ municipalities got on the band wagon when they realized that MERs avoided recording changes of ownership of the note at the municiple level. It was costing them lost revenue in recording fees. The whole deal got a lot of press by people who have no knowledge of how accounting for transactions work.

MERs is accounting, not fraud. It is my understanding that subsequent to the outrage all states have approved MERs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2014, 09:46 AM
 
Location: Barrington
20,055 posts, read 14,411,868 times
Reputation: 6212
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
They are all the same thing. You know who owns those corps. China and Russia were just a bit more upfront about it.
They are all heading into the same pockets at the top.
U.S. Seeks to Rent Out Its Foreclosures
So you don't like it when properties are sold to the highest bidder and you don't like it when the admin considered renting out some properties as affordable housing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2014, 09:53 AM
 
6,003 posts, read 1,995,469 times
Reputation: 2746
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
Yes, their thinking exactly. Either way though you are actually renting.
Not if you don't have a mortgage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2014, 10:04 AM
 
5,080 posts, read 3,588,800 times
Reputation: 2144
How would "Bitcoin" fit into all of this? Because when it comes down to finance, I'm a bit confused. My understanding of Bitcoin is that it is akin to bypassing RIAA when downloading MP3s, for example. In this case it is bypassing wallstreet banks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2014, 10:06 AM
 
Location: Barrington
20,055 posts, read 14,411,868 times
Reputation: 6212
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
[/list]Realtors are like used car salesmen

.
Used house salesmen

Real estate is my second career. I spent 25 years on Wall Street.

I made the decision to retire after running for my life from the WTC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2014, 10:21 AM
 
8,458 posts, read 2,794,032 times
Reputation: 1080
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Have you ever heard of CEDE&Co? From time to time a blogger stumbles on it and writes a piece about how this ghost company controls the markets as a part of some conspiracy theory. Virtually all stock is held in this nominee name. IBM does not know you own 100 shares of their stock. The owner of this nominee name knows exactly which broker or bank owns x shares of IBM. In turn, each broker or bank knows which of their customers own X shares of IBM.

MERs is a similar concept. It is the nominee owner of about 2/3rds of all outstanding mortgages. It allows mortgages to be sold outright and or securitized without recording changes with the county. It allows servicing the mortgage ( collection and disbursement of monthly P&I) to be assigned, sold or leased independent of title.

When the bubble imploded some attorneys challenged the nominee concept and became the so called whistle blowers of robosigning. Some states/ municipalities got on the band wagon when they realized that MERs avoided recording changes of ownership of the note at the municiple level. It was costing them lost revenue in recording fees. The whole deal got a lot of press by people who have no knowledge of how accounting for transactions work.

MERs is accounting, not fraud. It is my understanding that subsequent to the outrage all states have approved MERs.
I am familiar with what MERS is. It is a large topic in itself. More to it than people not understanding accounting, however, LOL. That article was from 2011. This is fairly typical of government to slap and sweep, they have way too much to lose. Discussing accounting and fraud is an enormous subject, especially where banks and govt are concerned.

“MERS is not a
quote:
The Washington Supreme Court ruled unanimously today in Bain (Kristin), et al. v. Mortg. Elec. Registration Sys., et al., No. 86206-1 defining the statutes to determine that MERS (Mortgage Electronic Registration Systems, Inc. – the mortgage industry’s controversial document-recording system) was not entitled to be a beneficiary in Deed of Trusts and might have violated state consumer protection laws.

New York Reaches $25M Settlement Over MERS Actions
quote:
“MERS assignments have numerous defects, including affirmative misrepresentations of fact, which render them false, deceptive, and/or invalid,” Schneiderman stated in his court filing against the three servicers and MERS.

New MERS settlement to impact borrowers nationwide
quote:
The state of Delaware recently settled a lawsuit with Merscorp Holdings Inc., who operates the Mortgage Electronic Registration System (MERS)... With little to no oversight of MERS’ practices, MERS did not meaningfully audit its records and failed to enforce its own rules governing members’ conduct. MERS was thus a key player contributing to the lack of transparency in the foreclosure tidal wave…”

Schneiderman MERS Suit and HUD’s Donovan Remarks Confirm That Mortgage “Settlement” is a Stealth Bank Bailout

Schneiderman Settles Suit Against Banks for Use of MERS for Paltry $25 Million
quote:
Well, so much for that. Schneiderman settled the MERS suit with the three banks and two others, for, get this, a measly $25 million. And look, the Delaware and Massachusetts suits against MERS were folded into it as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top