Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2014, 04:54 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,342,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
but wait, those families were protected from a 1 in 500k chance someone would come into their home and they would need a gun for defense.

yeah, I love it when gun nuts list protection as a reason for a gun. I'll give you hunting or just collecting. . protection.

Its like eating uranium to protect from cancer

or installing a swimming pool as defense from drowning

guns increase risk of death and injury in a house. . .that seems simple to understand
You'll give people hunting and collecting? Well that's mighty nice of you. Fortunately people's rights don't begin and end where your feelings on what you would give them stand.

Sharp kitchen knives also increase risk of death and injury in a house. However, when used carefully and responsibly there's no issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2014, 05:04 PM

1,634 posts, read 1,208,889 times
Quote:
guns increase risk of death and injury in a house. . .
You're right. THAT'S THE POINT.

Last time I checked. Stocking your house with a firearm was not to give somebody a warm and fuzzy feeling all over. Especially somebody coming in through your window.

Old 01-17-2014, 05:04 PM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Responsible gun owners and their love ones have accidents. To claim anyone that has an accident as not responsible is like calling a driver involved in an auto accident by no fault of theirs...an irresponsible driver.
If you knowingly had guns in your house and 4 years old's running around, would you not be watching them? No? That is what is called irresponsible....

Quote:
As soon as a responsible gunowner or loved ones has an accident...they magically transform to irresponsible.
No, when a child is killed, every gun owner is responsible, just look at this thread...whether they were there or not....

Quote:
What of all those irresponsible gun owners that by luck have had no accidents...
How does the drunk driver get home every night?

I don't know, what about the millions and millions of guns that are in house holds everyday and nothing happens? Why don't we here about that?

Ahhhhhhhhhh, cause it does not fit your agenda...

Old 01-17-2014, 05:07 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
For the record, abortion is a legal medical procedure.
Would rape be OK if it was legal?

Old 01-17-2014, 06:52 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,860,367 times
Gunnuts, gunhuggers, gunfondlers.

Old 01-17-2014, 07:13 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,860,367 times
Top Causes of Accidental Death in Kids (5-9 y/o)[Guns?]

Old 01-17-2014, 07:15 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,364,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
5 posts in...and look at the leftist crap already starting....

Gunned down....

I would be embarrassed to say something like that...but hey...the shock factor

and

"never let a crisis go to waste" signed, rahm...
Oh no, they started on post 2. Or really post 1 since the only point of the entire thread is to try and start another "we need to ban guns" thread.

Not one mention of the 138,000 schools that didn't have a shooting today, but of course there isn't any blood to dance in there or crisis to exploit in safe schools.

Old 01-17-2014, 08:31 PM

29,795 posts, read 24,880,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogfamily View Post
Malignant neoplasms and motor vehicles each killed more children than fire arms. Maybe we need to ban those too

Quote:
but wait, those families were protected from a 1 in 500k chance someone would come into their home and they would need a gun for defense.

yeah, I love it when gun nuts list protection as a reason for a gun. I'll give you hunting or just collecting. . protection.

Its like eating uranium to protect from cancer

or installing a swimming pool as defense from drowning

guns increase risk of death and injury in a house. . .that seems simple to understand
Well thankfully, with Chicago's restrictive gun laws, you can sleep safe knowing you will never have to worry about responsible gun owners causing you grief.

Old 01-17-2014, 08:50 PM

1,723 posts, read 2,224,958 times
There were fewer homicides per capita in the U.S. during 2012 than any year since 1961. And 1961 was a much less brutal time than the year 961. I'm not sure why so many people think we're on the road to ruin.

Now, if you're talking about Mexico, El Salvador, or any place ravaged by violent drug cartels that exist courtesy of our creation of a lucrative black market, then that's another story.

Old 01-18-2014, 03:14 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,700,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
He's not mistaking anything. He knows his blather about people not caring, is a lie.
Deny all you want. Doing so just underscores that you know what you support is antisocial and therefore morally wrong.

Quote:
But he's a liberal - part of a group that spends its life pushing an agenda that most Americans don't want.
Engaging in self-deception is something you are better off doing in private rather than making clear that you engage in it. But hey - let's see if you have any integrity - will you admit that fewer Americans want the anarchic dystopia that you want than what I want?

Quote:
The only way he can do that, is by lying about things, tricking normal people into supporting his agenda instead of their own, and pretending it's something else, at least until the votes are counted.
Given that I didn't say anything about number of people or votes, until you brought it up, I doubt anyone is duped by the lie you're telling. Of course, opponents of reasonable gun control have a hard time even seeing the letters "morality" in one string, much less being able to bring themselves to consider what they support in such terms. It isn't surprising that you simply made some nonsense up to replace what I actually have been talking about, just so you'd have some context in your own mind for your ridiculously non-sequitur prattle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies