Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2014, 08:56 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,811,876 times

Advertisements

Does a bear (blank) in the woods?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2014, 12:26 PM

68,306 posts, read 54,280,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Good question what do you think of this......heard this yesterday and was floored!

"We cannot continue to rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives we've set. We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded." What is our President saying??

Is Obama planning to have a Civilian Security Force in addition to the military?

Read more: Video: Flashback: Obama Wants 'Civilian National Security Force' That's As Powerful and Well-Funded as the Military
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Isn't there a prohibition of using the military for domestic enforcement?

9/11 being a perfect example of an expen$ive military NOT providing domestic security, what should we do?

And no, I'm not supporting some ambiguous 'Civilian Security Force', I don't have the answer.

Sadly, it seems the people who should, also don't. And in today's climate it will likely become a partisan finger-pointing exercise in futility with actual national security at best a secondary consideration.

Old 01-19-2014, 12:47 PM

3,557 posts, read 4,090,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Heathen View Post
Purging those that won't fire on US Citizens or round them up.
Do you have any evidence of that, or is this another example of righties making a statement they cant support and hoping nobody calls them on it?

Old 01-19-2014, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Isn't there a prohibition of using the military for domestic enforcement?

9/11 being a perfect example of an expen$ive military NOT providing domestic security, what should we do?

And no, I'm not supporting some ambiguous 'Civilian Security Force', I don't have the answer.

Sadly, it seems the people who should, also don't. And in today's climate it will likely become a partisan finger-pointing exercise in futility with actual national security at best a secondary consideration.
Sounds like a militia to me, like in the 2nd Amendment, which conservatives worship. Go figure.

Old 01-19-2014, 12:53 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,136,340 times
In my experience, there are two types of officers in the military.

First of all, to make O6 or flag rank, one has been in the service 25-30 years so all of them are eligible for retirement.

Second, I find there to be two types of officers. One is the leader who entered in order to assume responsibility for, supervision of, and caring for men and women who he or she would be assigned to command.

The others are politicians. Every assignment they seek is to further their career and give them more power in the political structure of the military. They do everything the can to get their tickets punched in order to be promoted or assigned to a position where they can make their mark. And yes, some of them hold command positions throughout their careers exactly because it's expected of them.

Old 01-19-2014, 04:59 PM

37 posts, read 142,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
Do you have any evidence of that, or is this another example of righties making a statement they cant support and hoping nobody calls them on it?
1. Why else would he be doing it? 2. Are you SERIOUSLY going to believe that evidence? Its something most people don't want to believe.Obama purging military of officers who refuse to fire on U.S. citizens? | Western Free Press

Can post more. The Examiner,WND,Blaze etc are all covering it. You seriously expect the MSM to cover it? Not gonna happen. I have seen what people do when they want proof.They nitpick the source of the news etc etc...belittle it because its some "fringe" source...so whatever...give me 1 other reason he would be forcing these people out.

Old 01-19-2014, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Heathen View Post
1. Why else would he be doing it? 2. Are you SERIOUSLY going to believe that evidence? Its something most people don't want to believe.Obama purging military of officers who refuse to fire on U.S. citizens? | Western Free Press

Can post more. The Examiner,WND,Blaze etc are all covering it. You seriously expect the MSM to cover it? Not gonna happen. I have seen what people do when they want proof.They nitpick the source of the news etc etc...belittle it because its some "fringe" source...so whatever...give me 1 other reason he would be forcing these people out.
Because they are incompetent at their jobs, as shown in the number of examples of names on that list I pulled at random. Do you have any evidence that suggests they were removes for something other than that? Collecting a large list and saying "look at all of these officers that have been fired" does not equate to some conspiracy to undercut the military. If you are able to cite specific examples where individuals have been removed for something other than what has been said, I am all ears. For example, why was VADM Mike Varney relieved if it wasnt for taking home classified material ilegally? But as per usual, the right wing media is content just to throw out a statement with little or nothing to support it because their readers aren't about to fact check a single thing they say.

Old 01-19-2014, 05:53 PM

37 posts, read 142,020 times
Well believe what you want,and I will do the same. I am critical of Obama's motives even though personally I like the guy...he hasn't been AS BAD as I thought he was going to be.He seems to be a bit power hungry and wants people who won't follow his directives out of the way...

Old 01-19-2014, 08:02 PM

24,382 posts, read 23,014,909 times
This is the second time I've read this although I was aware of a purge of top commanders. The list I saw was far more extensive than I'd imagined and extended to dozens of military officers.
Something is definitely wrong although I'm on record in saying that Obama isn't behind it, he's just a witless stooge that is being controlled by other persons.

Old 01-19-2014, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
This is the second time I've read this although I was aware of a purge of top commanders. The list I saw was far more extensive than I'd imagined and extended to dozens of military officers.
Something is definitely wrong although I'm on record in saying that Obama isn't behind it, he's just a witless stooge that is being controlled by other persons.
What is wrong is over the past decades the military has promoted a bunch of blundering idiots to leadership positions and now they are finally making the missteps to be revealed as such. Has nothing to do with Obama, or Bush, or any president really. Look at how Rummy ran the show under Bush. Is it any wonder things are as messed up as they are?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies