Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2014, 04:44 PM

577 posts, read 435,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Not willing to put up your own money but more than willing to take other people's money is not selfish, just good liberalism.

Bull.. if you read my post you'll see that I hope to someday make enough where I don't qualify for a subsidy and I'd have to pay THE FULL amount myself. Its why I work my butt off building my business and getting my degree. When that happens, I will be a very happy woman! At this particular time, I'm not earning enough..

At one time, I was , fell on hard times, and am picking myself up again.

I understand this.. conservatives don't. They have a very narrow view and can't see how we are a community.. and in certain ways and certain times we need each other. As much as you would like to think your each an island unto yourselves, you're not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2014, 04:46 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,561,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
I think she made a very good point actually.

Why don't you conservatives just come out and say it that you just don't give a damn about the less fortunate in society? You would prefer for them to not have affordable access to healthcare and you know. You would probably prefer for them to just die off, don't you? I mean, Republicans are so loving of our former healthcare system and that is exactly what it did.

Do you?

Yeah, you care about the less fortunate but you want others to pay for it.

Old 01-19-2014, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud2beAMom View Post
Bull.. if you read my post you'll see that I hope to someday make enough where I don't qualify for a subsidy and I'd have to pay THE FULL amount myself. Its why I work my butt off building my business and getting my degree. When that happens, I will be a very happy woman! At this particular time, I'm not earning enough..

At one time, I was , fell on hard times, and am picking myself up again.

I understand this.. conservatives don't. They have a very narrow view and can't see how we are a community.. and in certain ways and certain times we need each other. As much as you would like to think your each an island unto yourselves, you're not.
Or spending too much. People in the country do NOT have an earning problem; they have a spending problem!

I do see we are a community where each one of us should take up own responsibility rather than taking in hand-outs or robbing other people of their hard-eared money.

Old 01-19-2014, 04:55 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,335,752 times
Quote:
Do you?

Yeah, you care about the less fortunate but you want others to pay for it.
I myself want to pay for it, actually, through the tax pool. I see nothing wrong with being taxed to provide affordable healthcare to society. Obama feels the same thank goodness.

Old 01-19-2014, 04:56 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,335,752 times
Quote:
Or spending too much. People in the country do NOT have an earning problem; they have a spending problem!

I do see we are a community where each one of us should take up own responsibility rather than taking in hand-outs or robbing other people of their hard-eared money.
Hilarious that you sit behind a computer screen and think you know a damn thing about the spending habits of society. Don't even try.

Old 01-19-2014, 04:58 PM

Quote:
I myself want to pay for it, actually, through the tax pool. I see nothing wrong with being taxed to provide affordable healthcare to society. Obama feels the same thank goodness.

How much do you make? Why do you need that much money? Why not give them all to the poor? Why? You don't care about the poor?

Old 01-19-2014, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Hilarious that you sit behind a computer screen and think you know a damn thing about the spending habits of society. Don't even try.
When I came to this country many years ago, I had no money, no family and no friends. My parents gave me in total $800.

So don't you think I don't know what it is being poor. Been there, done that!

Old 01-19-2014, 05:01 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,516,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud2beAMom View Post
Yup.. that's right.. i have issues with selfish whiny brats . They'd rather see people suffer than pay a little more for coverage knowing that others will get coverage themselves... .
Trust me, if anyone has issues, its the OP, not you.

Your post was spot on, btw.

Old 01-19-2014, 05:01 PM

1,199 posts, read 734,485 times
I take issues on a case by case basis. I do lnt fall for the left vs right bs. In reality I see Obama as a continuation of bush presidency. However , thanks to Obama, I was on my parents plan due the ACA. I always contributed py paying money to my parents for my share of health coverage. It is hard to find a job w health benefits atm so I.continued to be on my parents plan. Thanks to this I was able to get treatment for a rare tumor that was found and I had surgery and radiation therapy. So thanks Obama for giving me a chance to live a healthy life. If a conservative overturned the ACA, I would have been in a bad bind.

Old 01-19-2014, 05:03 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,516,181 times
Quote:
I think she made a very good point actually.

Why don't you conservatives just come out and say it that you just don't give a damn about the less fortunate in society? You would prefer for them to not have affordable access to healthcare and you know. You would probably prefer for them to just die off, don't you? I mean, Republicans are so loving of our former healthcare system and that is exactly what it did.
I always shake my head when I see poor white trash living in a double wide, and without any insurance and living hand to mouth yakking about what they saw on FOX or heard Limbaugh regurgitate, it proves that emotions are far stronger than intellect amongst this subset.

Appeal to their prejudices and stoke their anger and this will trump any rational thought that might invade their tiny brain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies