Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2014, 05:32 PM

2,234 posts, read 1,758,616 times

Advertisements

Liberals did have the same hatred of Bush. I know because I considered myself to be a Liberal back then. The only differences is that the roles have reversed, but what both sides have in common is that they are both hypocrites!

If the following was aimed at Obama, Libs would be soooo enraged that their blood pressure would have skyrocketed, and they all drop dead of a heart attacks. They ply the victim role better than any.

Old 01-18-2014, 05:37 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,166,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
Liberals did have the same hatred of Bush. I know because I considered myself to be a Liberal back then. The only differences is that the roles have reversed, but what both sides have in common is that they are both hypocrites!

If the following was aimed at Obama, Libs would be soooo enraged that their blood pressure would have skyrocketed, and they all drop dead of a heart attacks. They ply the victim role better than any.
Actually, that noose was in fact aimed at Obama. With his head photoshopped in the noose no less.

Old 01-18-2014, 05:40 PM

45,354 posts, read 60,534,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Actually, that noose was in fact aimed at Obama. With his head photoshopped in the noose no less.
Yeah, I can see that in the photo.

(a note, I never use smilies)

Old 01-18-2014, 05:40 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,001,988 times
Quote:
That makes absolutely no sense, since Bush was not president when President Obama took office and there would be no reason to have a support Bush sticker.

Would you care to support your claim?

Old 01-18-2014, 05:41 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,166,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Yeah, I can see that in the photo.

(a note, I never use smilies)
Uh, I wasn't talking about that bumper sticker. That seemed pretty obvious to me. Let me clarify, I meant "a" noose instead of "that" noose.

Old 01-18-2014, 05:48 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,216,697 times
Those on the left seem to have forgotten they had some just as obsessed and as rabid as any Obama hater.
6400 Anti-Bush Bumper Stickers here! A Bumper Sticker A Day keeps George W. Bush at Bay.
https://www.google.com/search?q=car+...2F%3B500%3B375

Old 01-18-2014, 05:51 PM

2,234 posts, read 1,758,616 times
Quote:
Actually, that a noose was in fact aimed at Obama. With his head photoshopped in the noose no less.
That's my point exactly. Both sides are hypocrites, but Liberals play the victim and anti minority cards more often for political gain. They seem to be tolerant of certain acts when it's not aimed at them and done by one of their own, but will over react, more so than Conservatives do, when the shoe is on the other foot.

Old 01-18-2014, 05:58 PM

7,269 posts, read 4,211,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Conservatives have been pushing farther and farther to the right for a good while. The unhinged are getting more and more voice in what goes for mainstream conservatism, and if you don't agree you are a heretic. It's a reactionary force to things in society that are changing faster than they have before, which is why most of these issues are from older folks or those from a very authoritarian upbringing. Some are certainly bigoted, which is easy to see the more bizarre things they believe about the uppity black guy (like birthers, or those who believe Obama signed the original patriot act and was president over the tech bust).

News outfits have really played to it because they are a great audience, like News Max and World Nut Daily even to the far right of staples like Fox News. I talked with several people on C-D that was happy to tell people far and wide they spent at least 4 hours a day watching Glenn Beck, and at least another 2 on Fox News...plus time online reading articles. Frustrated, angry, and fearful people make a great audience. Give them a single, and easy, focus for that and they are easier to lead than a dog when you are holding a big slab of ham.
wow. i read stuff like this and wonder if posters like this believe everyone who strongly disagrees with the Obama admin/lies/etc. is a right wing conservative. most are just ordinary folks who understand the freedoms lost and blatant disregard for law and who see what is really happening. the buck stops with obama and he has shown very questionable leadership. if you are not frustrated and angry with the govt - you are either working for them, taking money from them, or living in the land of oz.

Old 01-18-2014, 05:58 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,938,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post

Yes, there are nutjobs and fanatics on both sides.

I find it disturbing that when discussing politics people are no longer calm and civil. We live in an age of Hyper-partisanship and there is a seething rage that is being unleashed from ultra-conservatives and ultra-liberals alike.

I look forward to the day when we can discuss our differences in a polite and respectful way.

Old 01-18-2014, 06:20 PM

351 posts, read 370,311 times
obsession goes both ways! a lot of Obama supporters cried when he got elected. my God, I would never cry for a politician in my life.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies