Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 06:27 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,109,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
I agree with you 100%, but women and white night liberal men are going to jump all over you in this thread. You are correct though. Women are not held responsible for getting pregnant, but they want to hold men responsible. If a girl I had sex with tells me she's pregnant and I say I don't want the child, then I'm scum, but if whether the woman wants the child or not (regardless of what the father thinks) her decision to not deal with the consequences of her actions is perfectly okay. There is a HUGE double standard.

Oh, sure. Huge double standard. When the woman CHOOSES to have the child she also CHOOSES to raise it alone without help from the sperm donor, right?

And she also CHOOSES to get raped, or become a victim of incest.

Take a day trip to observe the child support enforcement court and see how your stupid theory holds up.

Tell ya what... you don't like a woman's right to choose? Then show up in the delivery room with a catchers mitt and adoption papers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2014, 06:37 AM

12,956 posts, read 13,673,944 times
If a man has sex with a woman and she becomes pregnant, it takes an invasion of her privacy for him to know with 100% accuracy that he is indeed the father. A man can choose to accept or reject the privilege ,not rights, a woman offers him.

Old 01-21-2014, 05:09 PM

4,749 posts, read 4,322,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
Wrong; he does have an option. The ol' snippety-snip.
This doesn't work if he's the type of guy that doesn't want children until he's older. Nor does it work for the guy who does want children, just with a different woman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
It is my understanding pregnancy tends to occur after a man and women engage in unprotected sex. If a man chooses to not risk becoming a sperm donor, he can abstain, get fixed or use a condom. In other words a man is in complete control of his own reproduction.
Ahh, let's go with the theory that most guys do want to be a father, just not until he's older. His only options are abstinence, condoms, and withdrawal method. Now, if he's in a relationship and they both want to have sex, abstinence is ruled out. He can wear a condom, but after a while they both agree that they don't want him to wear it. Now, he just has to pull out in time. However, the withdrawal method is only accurate 92% of the time. They decide that she should go on birth control, but like in many cases that I've heard she wasn't taking it correctly and she ends up pregnant. Who's fault is that? In my opinion, hers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I have the right to not reproduce meaning vasectomy regardless of her personal feelings on the matter. Its my body after all.
This doesn't work if he's the type of guy that doesn't want children until he's older.

Old 01-21-2014, 05:22 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkmani View Post
A typical response to this is, “If you’re not prepared to be a father, then don’t have sex!â€, which I find rather strange because it's rare to hear, “If you’re not prepared to be a mother, then don’t have sex!â€. But then again, if she isn't financially prepared, the good 'ol government will help her out by forcing the father to pay child support or give her money.
actually there are many of us that make that statement, but what ends up happening is that we get shouted down rather loudly by everyone who has decided that a woman has no responsibilities in regards to sex and any possible pregnancy.

Old 01-21-2014, 06:02 PM

30,362 posts, read 19,156,062 times
The current situation is terrible for men imho. My wife could have chosen to have our children killed and I couldn't have stopped that...thankfully, she didn't even consider it.

My brother's wife decided to divorce him while she was pregnant for no good reason other than she is a b**tch and now he is going to be supporting his son for the next 18 years.

Old 01-21-2014, 07:15 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,281,740 times
When an embryo can be transferred from a woman's body to a man's for the purposes of incubating it to a full-term fetus, then men get to decide what happens to it.

Men know the ground rules before they have sex. They know what they're getting into, and they took the risk anyway. Too bad.

Old 01-21-2014, 08:15 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,018,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
actually there are many of us that make that statement, but what ends up happening is that we get shouted down rather loudly by everyone who has decided that a woman has no responsibilities in regards to sex and any possible pregnancy.
hello....abortion is taking responsibility.

Old 01-21-2014, 08:58 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
hello....abortion is taking responsibility.
no its not, but we will have to agree to disagree.

Old 01-23-2014, 10:15 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,828,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkmani View Post
This doesn't work if he's the type of guy that doesn't want children until he's older. Nor does it work for the guy who does want children, just with a different woman.
Well then why the &^%$ is he having sex with her?

Old 01-23-2014, 10:20 AM

4,749 posts, read 4,322,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
Well then why the &^%$ is he having sex with her?
Pleasure...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies