Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 08:38 AM

1,735 posts, read 1,769,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by e30is View Post
Will Obama and any of his elected officials start enforcing current gun laws and stop pretending to care?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=06wJ50p6rMs
Where is PullMyFinger? I'm waiting for your response to this. Then again I'm waiting for any gun control advocate to tell me their response for this video. No wonder the GOP tried to block Obama's nominations. He doesn't care about enforcing our federal laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2014, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
According to Biden "We don't have time for that."
That's true..
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Wonder if this is before or after we grab a shotgun, without knowing whose at the door! UGH!!!
Not to worry, his armed security guards and other means of surveillance will protect him.

Old 01-21-2014, 08:55 AM

4,395 posts, read 4,910,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Will any of you 2nd amendment zealots ever agree to common sense controls on guns? I mean gun owners themselves could take much of the power away from these left wing kooks by being less kooky themselves.
Will any of you 1st Amendment zealots ever agree to common sense controls on speech? I mean debaters themselves could take much of the power away from these right wing kooks by being less emotional and using some type of logic when debating us.

Old 01-21-2014, 09:11 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,972,072 times
I wonder...

Do these anti-NRA people understand just WHO the dreaded NRA really IS?
there is a LOT more to it than Wayne LaPierre!
Do they REALLY want to make THAT many people angry at them?
Apparently, YES!
Silly people!

Old 01-21-2014, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
I wonder...

Do these anti-NRA people understand just WHO the dreaded NRA really IS?
there is a LOT more to it than Wayne LaPierre!
Do they REALLY want to make THAT many people angry at them?
Apparently, YES!
Silly people!
As an NRA member, I'm not even a fan of LaPierre. However, the NRA is definitely way more than just him. Living near it, I always shake my head at these people who want more gun control but haven't really figured out whether our current laws actually work or not. Actually I don't even think they know the laws. What they're already protesting for is already law, it's just not being done effectively thanks to Obama's Justice Department and his elected officials.

Old 01-21-2014, 12:32 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,356,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30is View Post
Where is PullMyFinger? I'm waiting for your response to this. Then again I'm waiting for any gun control advocate to tell me their response for this video. No wonder the GOP tried to block Obama's nominations. He doesn't care about enforcing our federal laws.
There were about 7 replies to his/her post. He/she does not deign to address any of them. I would love it if 7 people replied to one of my posts. I am here to debate; that's what I enjoy. I'm still trying to figure out what people get out of spewing a couple of tired talking points and then skedaddling.

Old 01-21-2014, 03:21 PM

25,842 posts, read 16,522,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
Will any of you 1st Amendment zealots ever agree to common sense controls on speech? I mean debaters themselves could take much of the power away from these right wing kooks by being less emotional and using some type of logic when debating us.
When was the last time free speech killed a kindergartner in school?

Old 01-21-2014, 03:40 PM

A kindergartener? I don't remember one. But words have moved people to fight wars.

Full disclosure, I am an NRA Lifetime member although I do not always agree with their rhetoric. Some of their views are not as extreme as my Constitutionalist views. Based on the 2nd Amendment, all federal gun laws are unconstitutional.

Freedom is not safe. In fact it is dangerous because personal responsibility is involved. Sometimes someone just doesn't care about others and will do very bad things. Should we limit the freedoms of the hundreds of millions of people who were law abiding that day? No.

Old 01-21-2014, 03:43 PM

25,842 posts, read 16,522,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
A kindergartener? I don't remember one. But words have moved people to fight wars.

Full disclosure, I am an NRA Lifetime member although I do not always agree with their rhetoric. Some of their views are not as extreme as my Constitutionalist views. Based on the 2nd Amendment, all federal gun laws are unconstitutional.

Freedom is not safe. In fact it is dangerous because personal responsibility is involved. Sometimes someone just doesn't care about others and will do very bad things. Should we limit the freedoms of the hundreds of millions of people who were law abiding that day? No.

Do you consider that fact that mentally unbalanced individuals have access to automatic weapons to be a freedom then?

Old 01-21-2014, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Do you consider that fact that mentally unbalanced individuals have access to automatic weapons to be a freedom then?
What's your definition of "unbalanced"? I've been called a nut-job on this very forum.

Persons who are involuntarily hospitalized for mental health should not be armed while they are under the care of a physician. They should not drive either since they may have an episode and run over people. Since we are taking away rights, they should not have access to a computer to post on forums nor vote. They might vote Democrat.

I agree with the posters above. Devote a little time to answering their questions. I'm eager to read the answers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies