Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2014, 04:18 PM

416 posts, read 535,224 times

Advertisements

I didn`t bring up the "dignity" point. Just gave my opinion in response. Why does it affect their diginity to share a committed husband but it doesn`t affect it to be sharing him with everyone without a marraige? I know alot about reproduction. It would be better if more people did it responsibly. The men if they are found should be forced to work and support their kids. I`m sorry I just don`t belive that having a bunch of kids without knowing who the father is is a natural event. You are missing the point of my original post. I was just putting out another option to get people off welfare. There are 3 and 4 generations of them on it now and no matter how much you raise the minimum wage it s not going to help. I`m all about giving people a hand up and think less handouts are better for them in the long run.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2014, 04:04 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,928,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcarbuilder View Post
I didn`t bring up the "dignity" point. Just gave my opinion in response. Why does it affect their diginity to share a committed husband but it doesn`t affect it to be sharing him with everyone without a marraige? I know alot about reproduction. It would be better if more people did it responsibly. The men if they are found should be forced to work and support their kids. I`m sorry I just don`t belive that having a bunch of kids without knowing who the father is is a natural event. You are missing the point of my original post. I was just putting out another option to get people off welfare. There are 3 and 4 generations of them on it now and no matter how much you raise the minimum wage it s not going to help. I`m all about giving people a hand up and think less handouts are better for them in the long run.
The only thing raising the minimum wage is going to do is cut jobs. There are already a million government assistance programs that people are abusing. It has to be tough for a lot of these single moms who grew up in poverty and don't come from a good home. However, it is not the government or people's job to support them, it is still their mistake for getting pregnant and it is their job to get out of the mess.

It's unfortunate, but not impossible.

Old 01-20-2014, 05:12 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,738,548 times
Yeah I'm sure guys will be more than willing to have to support 2 deadbeat wives

And how does supporting women to stay at home better their lives at all? It just reinforces the idea they can't work and drag themselves out of poverty.

I'm not even going to mention how sexist your post is. Relying on a man for money is repugnant to me.

Most guys have a heard time supporting one family on a single wage. Your idea is beyond ridiculous on so many levels.

Old 01-20-2014, 06:53 AM

You call me repugnant and then call women deadbeat wives? At least you are an equal opportunity basher. Thanks for spreading your hate around. If you read my first post slowly you will find that I encouraged one or more of the partners go back to school or get a job. That is the path for them out of poverty. We all need support and not necessarily money. Most of us are better when we have a partner for emotional support. Call it a purpose or love. The government can give out all the money or benefits they want to but they will never love anyone. Who doesn`t want to give or be loved? Doesn`t that make you feel better or complete? It doesn`t have to be a man, it can come from another woman but my idea was to provide a loving home for kids and move people up in society and get off the gov support. Your last sentence reinforces exactly my point. 3 people if allowed to live legally under one roof can save money and if you check history you will find that for 5,000 years it was common. Plural families were independant and prospered. It`s more likely keeping families in pairs of two will keep them at a lower income and gov dependant. Benefit givers have created a whole voting block for themselves and the worst part is that they keep getting voted in. How about we use the last 60 years of Detroit as an example? Please stop the hating and keep an open mind to others.

Old 01-20-2014, 09:53 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,856,131 times
Quote:
If you read my first post slowly you will find that I encouraged one or more of the partners go back to school or get a job. That is the path for them out of poverty. We all need support and not necessarily money. Most of us are better when we have a partner for emotional support. Call it a purpose or love. The government can give out all the money or benefits they want to but they will never love anyone. Who doesn`t want to give or be loved? Doesn`t that make you feel better or complete? It doesn`t have to be a man, it can come from another woman but my idea was to provide a loving home for kids and move people up in society and get off the gov support. Your last sentence reinforces exactly my point. 3 people if allowed to live legally under one roof can save money and if you check history you will find that for 5,000 years it was common. Plural families were independant and prospered. It`s more likely keeping families in pairs of two will keep them at a lower income and gov dependant..
1. if the child's/children's father(s) aren't willing to remain in the relationship what makes you think an unrelated man is?

2. why would a single mother need a man and additional single mother in order to go back to school or get a job?

3. Three people can legally live under one roof already.

4. What history suggests polygamy was common or created independent and prosperous families?

Old 01-20-2014, 10:36 AM

There are plenty of men right now raising the children fathered by other men as are women rainsing the kids from other mothers. The single mother would have another adult in the household to provide emotional, financial support to each other. How about the idea of a free babysitter when you need one, not one from 6am to 6pm that taxes pay for? Very few welfare recipients ever got off it. The incentive is to stay on the benefits. Once you are dependent on the Gov then they have you as voters. It`s where they want you. I`m not sure where in this country the 3 unrelated people could be livng without breaking the law. Adultry is a felony as is a man and 2 women or a woman and 2 men. In my opinion if are not willing to get off the Gov support you will never improve your situation and your kids will follow in your footsteps. That`s not a 100% but in most cases. Plural marraiges were common in this country up until the Gov decided it was wrong. It was very common in Native American tribes before the invasion by the white aliens. Check this site for some history:Polygamy ~ Updated Edition ~* Blaine Robison, M.A.

Old 01-20-2014, 10:45 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,187,604 times
I think the government should get out of the business of social engineering.

Old 01-20-2014, 10:56 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,725,695 times
Quote:
Very few welfare recipients ever got off it. The incentive is to stay on the benefits. Once you are dependent on the Gov then they have you as voters.
This is pure ignorance. 80% of people on AFDC are on it for less than 5 years.

Don't believe the right-wing, anti-poor media hype. And PLEASE don't perpetuate it.

http://www.statisticbrain.com/welfare-statistics/

Average Time on AFCD (Aid to Families with Dependent Children)
Less than 7 months 19%
7 to 12 months 15.2%
1 to 2 years 19.3%
2 to 5 years 26.9%
Over 5 years 19.6%

Old 01-20-2014, 11:06 AM

32,647 posts, read 48,028,221 times
My plan works better.

DNA every child on welfare and castrate any baby daddy who has 3 children with 3 different mothers living on welfare. That will make the baby daddies be a little more careful about their birth control.

A vaccine that prevents pregnancy for two years is needed, then make birth control a mandatory condition to receive welfare.

Old 01-20-2014, 11:09 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,725,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
My plan works better.

DNA every child on welfare and castrate any baby daddy who has 3 children with 3 different mothers living on welfare. That will make the baby daddies be a little more careful about their birth control.

A vaccine that prevents pregnancy for two years is needed, then make birth control a mandatory condition to receive welfare.
Yeah, no problem with constitutionality there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies