Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2014, 09:30 AM

13,961 posts, read 5,625,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
By the way , where is your pizzeria located? Oh yeah, you don't own one so have a seat junior. By the way any average Joe can do a sales job such as yourself .
Old rule from my military days: every sailor thinks they can be the captain.

It seems so simple to be the business owner. Ask any employee. All the owner does is relax and count money, so hard can it be? Thing is, none of these self-proclaimed tycoons-in-training ever put their "can't miss, guaranteed $millions, no problem, look how easy" ideas into practice.

Old 01-23-2014, 09:31 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
Lol right. I never said you couldn't run one , anyone can run a business but being successful , turning profits, while being open for many years is how to run a business .

Northeast doesn't have good pizza? See now I know your full of your own **** you eat since the east coast is the only place for pizza. There is a specific reason why too but I'm sure you already know the difference in pizza from California and NY right?

Again the northeast is over saturated with restaurants and pizzerias so it's not as easy as you think.

By the way , where is your pizzeria located? Oh yeah, you don't own one so have a seat junior. By the way any average Joe can do a sales job such as yourself .
There is a lot of crappy pizza in the Northeast, the fact that there is an over saturation of pizzerias is proof that quality lacks because everyone is doing it. Why would I want to open a pizzeria in an area that I have no plans on staying in.

Also, we have 50 states, there are more pizza styles other than NY, Chicago, and Cali, and I have had better pizza than what I have eaten in the Northeast. The pizza here all tastes cheap. But seeing how many of these crappy pizzerias run in the Northeast, it looks pretty easy to out preform any one of them.

Old 01-23-2014, 09:36 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
There is a lot of crappy pizza in the Northeast, the fact that there is an over saturation of pizzerias is proof that quality lacks because everyone is doing it. Why would I want to open a pizzeria in an area that I have no plans on staying in.

Also, we have 50 states, there are more pizza styles other than NY, Chicago, and Cali, and I have had better pizza than what I have eaten in the Northeast. The pizza here all tastes cheap. But seeing how many of these crappy pizzerias run in the Northeast, it looks pretty easy to out preform any one of them.
So now the argument has resorted to..

People can pay more, because you've eaten better pizza..

Cant get more convincing than that

Old 01-23-2014, 09:39 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
Quote:
I could run a pizzeria, it isn't that hard and in the Northeast, there isn't any good pizza here so it wouldn't be hard out preforming other restaurants.
Wow, I love to see that. You could run a pizzeria to the ground by paying everybody $25/hour and up!

Old 01-23-2014, 09:43 AM

13,961 posts, read 5,625,642 times
Quote:
But seeing how many of these crappy pizzerias run in the Northeast, it looks pretty easy to out preform any one of them.
If this is the case, show me the business plan, since it would be a no-brainer money maker for me to invest in. Any bank or VC would leap at a chance to make guaranteed ROI, given your no-fail model that you seem to be keeping a secret for some reason.

Explain it, in detail, since it is just so simple.

Old 01-23-2014, 09:46 AM

1,743 posts, read 1,658,721 times
Quote:

You need help . Seriously. I never said what style of pizza , I said tell me the difference of quality of pizzas from California and NY .

Old 01-23-2014, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
It won't be increased all at once. stop lying.

WASHINGTON — President Obama called on Congress to raise the federal minimum wage to $9 an hour from $7.25 and to automatically adjust it with inflation, a move aimed at increasing the earnings of millions of cooks, janitors, aides to the elderly and other low-wage workers.
Multimedia

The proposal would see the federal floor on hourly wages reach $9 in stages by the end of 2015.

Again, you are out of your depth discussing what businesses will do, if it was that cut and dry, the economic data would be conclusive or strongly support that conclusion and it doesn't.

There is evidence that some jobs are lost, but there is evidence that no jobs are lost, This inability to grapple with reality is what I find so distasteful about communicating with conservatives on public policy.

conservatives do hate the poor. Your analysis is further proof. There is no evidence that people are content being poor.

There is no evidence of wide spread abuse.

These two BELIEFS that conservatives have about the poor is because they hate the poor and think the worst about their morality, their intelligence, their work ethic.

This hatred undergirds the belief that they are content to be poor and that they are abusing the system.

You conservatives can't help yourselves. You hate poor people and think they are deficient.

And that is the only manner in which you can discuss them. You believe they are lazy, so you want to force them to work and you believe they are immoral so you think they are cheating the system.

There is ample evidence that government spending has lifted millions out of poverty and reduced poverty.
And this is from the same President who told us that we could keep our health insurance if we like it and who said he had no idea in any of the political scandals?

Like I said before, the politicians do not care about you. Not at all and not one bit. They know the game far too well while you have no clue. They know at best of the best this whole minimum wage farce would do jacksquat for the poor but it's an excellent political tool to gather votes from the clueless. "Screw the country and its people" is their motto!

Do the poor have good work ethics? Those who do often move up and away from the minimum wage in months if not weeks. I have seen people working as line operators making the minimum wage as a start and moved to senior management in a few years.

Old 01-23-2014, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
If this is the case, show me the business plan, since it would be a no-brainer money maker for me to invest in. Any bank or VC would leap at a chance to make guaranteed ROI, given your no-fail model that you seem to be keeping a secret for some reason.

Explain it, in detail, since it is just so simple.
Love to see that plan, and it better includes cost analysis paying everybody $25/hour and up!

Old 01-23-2014, 09:54 AM

Quote:
I could run a pizzeria, it isn't that hard and in the Northeast, there isn't any good pizza here so it wouldn't be hard out preforming other restaurants.
Do it and you can then enjoy using the loopholes. What stops you?

Old 01-23-2014, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
This thread continues to prove exactly what I mean about plutocrats and conservatism.

This nation has had minimum wage for a very long time.

In fact, when adjusted for inflation the minimum wage was much higher in the past.

Look, did corporate profits implode when the minimum wage introduced?

Were there massive price hikes for goods?

Were there massive layoffs?

This is what I mean, you have people who are fundamentally dishonest having this discussion, they have to ignore this nation's history with the minimum wage to make these outlandish fear based attacks against the minimum wage far outside of any economic data.

They have to attack the groups of people who make minimum wage as being lazy, or stupid or losers of some sort.

This is what's wrong with American politics in a nut shell.

Yes, there is some dispute over the economic impact of a modest minimum wage increase.

There is a debate over whether there is a small amount of job loss versus there being no job loss after an area raises its minimum wage.

There is a debate about how many families are lifted out of poverty(although less of a debate) after an area raises its minimum wage.

But of course many of those against a minimum hike don't want a reasoned debate they want to spew garbage and nonsense and fear monger. Pathetic

Why the liberals start naming calling so fast?

This is not a political issue. This is a simple math. I have already showed you multiple times how the math works, actually doesn't work but that's "garbage, nonsense and fear monger and pathetic?"

In the end, all of you really want is "cut other people's salary to pay me." That's the bottom line isn't it? If I don't agree to that, then "I hate the poor, I am greedy and I am a blood sucker."

This is when I say "Go have it for yourself." Let's raise the minimum wage to $50 or $100/hour and we all see the country go to hell instead of this slow death. Let's get it done once and for all. Oh, no because that would be crazy. A few dollars/hour increase is good because "they" can afford it.

I have to ask, how in the world do you know that???!!!

Here's another line "if you can't afford the minimum wage, you aren't running a sound business model and you deserve to go out of business." I have a family and I have employees. Who the hell are you to tell me that my family and my employees deserve to starve???!!!

Last edited by lifeexplorer; 01-23-2014 at 10:12 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies