Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2014, 11:14 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,859,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
Maybe I already do.

Damn it I just humblebragged too!

lol

Busted.

lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2014, 01:14 AM

4,131 posts, read 7,444,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
In which case why the secrecy? Hey if they did no harm no foul. But there is more to a party than just the food.
Your link did not specify who paid for the extras at the party. Additional security, party favors, entertainment etc.
Extra security? Are you being serious?

Do you think the Secret Service hires extra security guards from Securitas or something? Where is this supposed extra security cost supposed to come from?

Old 01-21-2014, 08:29 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
The nation isn't broke. A sovereign nation that prints its own currency can't go broke, it's impossible.
What is money? Printed money is the same as a check. It is based on having the gold or assets to back the currency. We don't have the gold to back our currency. Printing more money is the same as writing checks against an account that has insufficient funds to cover the check. We are borrowing money from our enemies to pay our bills. Borrowing money to pay our bills because we don't have the gold or assets to pay our own bills. That is broke.
How can anyone justify allowing politicians the privilege of living high on the hog off the tax payers money? What makes any politician so special?

Old 01-21-2014, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkosmosis View Post
Extra security? Are you being serious?

Do you think the Secret Service hires extra security guards from Securitas or something? Where is this supposed extra security cost supposed to come from?
How many secret service agents are on call on an average day? How many were required to cover the party? What additional measures were required? Yes additional men being paid overtime is money. Would you find it acceptable for the town mayor to use off duty police officers for security guards and bouncers at private function? Would it be acceptable for the town to foot the bill for their payroll at said function? I wouldn't.

Old 01-21-2014, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
difference between a critique of dress compared to comparing first lady to an ape which many white conservative males have.
Hmmm sort of like comparing George Bush Seniors wife to George Washington? I guess it is only wrong when 1 side does it.

Old 01-21-2014, 08:39 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times
Quote:
How many secret service agents are on call on an average day? How many were required to cover the party? What additional measures were required? Yes additional men being paid overtime is money. Would you find it acceptable for the town mayor to use off duty police officers for security guards and bouncers at private function? Would it be acceptable for the town to foot the bill for their payroll at said function? I wouldn't.
Secret Service agents are salaried. They are not paid on an hourly basis.

Old 01-21-2014, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Hmmm sort of like comparing George Bush Seniors wife to George Washington? I guess it is only wrong when 1 side does it.
Seriously?

You think that comparing Barbara Bush to George Washington is "sort of like" calling Michelle Obama an ape?

Seriously?

Old 01-21-2014, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
But what facts do you have. You are automatically assuming there were party favors. And what transportation and background checks are you talking about. Why would they need to do background checks on friends. You assume a lot.
I assume that the secret service will do their jobs. I assume that any guest would be checked out to ensure the security of the first family. I don't believe that this is a grand assumption. I mean one would hope that anyone getting close the the first family would be checked. 500+ guests? That is a lot of people to know intimately.
What big party doesn't have party favors? Do you know 500 people so well that they would pose no risk whatever? I don't and I work in a factory of 3000 employees. I lived on a ship 24/7 of 5000+ personnel. I still never knew 500 people intimately that I could say that none were a possible threat.

Old 01-21-2014, 08:44 AM

Quote:
What big party doesn't have party favors?
Every big party I've ever thrown.

Old 01-21-2014, 08:46 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,943,324 times
NSA
IRS
Fast and Furious
Benghazi
Michelle's Birthday Party

More corruption.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies