Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 06:50 AM

1,347 posts, read 954,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Your post is a lie
Nice try, your own links prove that all the CIA did was provide money, provide some organizational help, and print posters. FACT.

Quote:
Mossadegh, who was elected democratically btw, wanted the Shah to have LESS power and the people MORE power. The majority party elects him. The Shah appointing him is ceremonial.
So he was not elected by the people, a party elected him, and the shah appointed him. Thanks for admitting it.

Quote:
Nothing to do with the CIA over throwing Iran
The CIA did NOTHING OF THE SORT, as the CIA de-classified papers admit; they paid MONEY, and were not physically there taking any actions except helping in planning. There was no shooting or physical actions taken by the US government except to pay off iranians who were already committed to removing mossadegh. Not one of your quotes below shows otherwise:

"The military coup that overthrew Mossadeq and his National Front cabinet was carried out under CIA direction as an act of U.S. foreign policy, conceived and approved at the highest levels of government," the document says, using a variation of the spelling of Mossadegh's name."

"Shortly after Mossadegh's election, the CIA began to plan his overthrow. The goal of the coup was to elevate the strength of Shah Mohammad Reza Pahlavi and appoint a new prime minister -- Gen. Fazlollah Zahedi."

"On August 19, 1953, the coup swung into full effect as the CIA and British intelligence agency helped pull pro-Shah forces together and organized large protests against Mossadegh."

"In order to provide Zahedi, the country's new prime minister, with some stability, the "CIA covertly made available $5,000,000 within two days of Zahedi's assumptions of power."

"The history says agency officers orchestrating the Iran coup worked directly with royalist Iranian military officers, handpicked the prime minister's replacement, sent a stream of envoys to bolster the shah's courage, directed a campaign of bombings by Iranians posing as members of the Communist Party, and planted articles and editorial cartoons in newspapers."

"The Eisenhower administration believed its actions were justified for strategic reasons," she said. "But the coup was clearly a setback for Iran's political development. And it is easy to see now why many Iranians continue to resent this intervention by America in their internal affairs."

Quote:
Riiiiight the CIA and our government had very little to do with the overthrow of Iran. You haven't presented facts, just hogwash.
Show me ONE CIA officer or US military official/soldier who took part in this coup, ONE. They didn't, and your lies that they did - while using quotes and the de-lcassified documents proves me correct. Next time, read what you link and list. Paying iranians to do something does not mean the US "overthrew" anyone, it is just one more piece of anti-american crap started by the KGB that the america-haters and lapdogs picked up.

And repeating the lie over and over does not make it any more truthful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2014, 09:33 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonR View Post
Nice try, your own links prove that all the CIA did was provide money, provide some organizational help, and print posters. FACT.
Not even a nice try. My post AND the article proved you wrong.

Quote:
So he was not elected by the people, a party elected him, and the shah appointed him. Thanks for admitting it.
He was elected by a democratic government. The majority party elects him. FACT
Read much?

Quote:
The CIA did NOTHING OF THE SORT, as the CIA de-classified papers admit; they paid MONEY, and were not physically there taking any actions except helping in planning. There was no shooting or physical actions taken by the US government except to pay off iranians who were already committed to removing mossadegh. Not one of your quotes below shows otherwise:
LMAO So one has to have boots on the ground to qualify for a coup? That's recently been tried. It only fooled fools. What a joke.
Well I guess we don't get credit for the bombs dropped forcing Japan to surrender since there were no boots on the ground for that one either right?

Did you miss this or just ignoring the truth again?
"Shortly after Mossadegh's election, the CIA began to plan his overthrow. The goal of the coup was to elevate the strength of Shah Mohammad Reza Pahlavi and appoint a new prime minister -- Gen. Fazlollah Zahedi."

Oh sure the Iranians who wanted to over throw him needed no help whatsoever right? your post is laughable

Quote:
Show me ONE CIA officer or US military official/soldier who took part in this coup, ONE. They didn't, and your lies that they did - while using quotes and the de-lcassified documents proves me correct.
The only lies are coming from your post.
President Barack Obama acknowledged the United States' involvement in the coup during a 2009 speech in Cairo.
"In the middle of the Cold War, the United States played a role in the overthrow of a democratically elected Iranian government," the president said.

British intelligence sources, working with the American Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), came to the conclusion that Mossadeq had communist leanings and would move Iran into the Soviet orbit if allowed to stay in power. Working with Shah, the CIA and British intelligence began to engineer a plot to overthrow Mossadeq.

But all they did was pay some Iraninas and print some flyers right? I'm embarrassed for you.

Quote:
Next time, read what you link and list. Paying iranians to do something does not mean the US "overthrew" anyone, it is just one more piece of anti-american crap started by the KGB that the america-haters and lapdogs picked up.
The only lapdogs are those foolish enough to believe your absurd banter.

Again
British intelligence sources, working with the American Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), came to the conclusion that Mossadeq had communist leanings and would move Iran into the Soviet orbit if allowed to stay in power. Working with Shah, the CIA and British intelligence began to engineer a plot to overthrow Mossadeq.

The Iranian premier, however, got wind of the plan and called his supporters to take to the streets in protest. At this point, the Shah left the country for "medical reasons." While British intelligence backed away from the debacle, the CIA continued its covert operations in Iran. Working with pro-Shah forces and, most importantly, the Iranian military, the CIA cajoled, threatened, and bribed its way into influence and helped to organize another coup attempt against Mossadeq.

B-B-B-But all they did was pay some Iranians and print some flyers right? I'm embarrassed for you again.

Quote:
And repeating the lie over and over does not make it any more truthful.
You presented no facts whatsoever just because YOU said so. Your post has no credibility but people should believe you because YOU said so? Repeating the ignorant lies with nothing to back it up is telling.
The best part about your absurd notion is the CIA has ADMITTED they did it. Are they lying too?

TPAJAX was the CIA's codename for the overthrow plot, which relied on local collaborators at every stage. It consisted of several steps: using propaganda to undermine Mossadegh politically, inducing the Shah to cooperate, bribing members of parliament, organizing the security forces, and ginning up public demonstrations. The initial attempt actually failed, but after a mad scramble the coup forces pulled themselves together and came through on their second try, on August 19.

Funny how I can come up with FACTS taken from the declassified documents while you don't present any.
Keep posting I can always use a laugh.

Old 01-23-2014, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Not even a nice try. My post AND the article proved you wrong.
Uh, if you think so

Quote:
He was elected by a democratic government. The majority party elects him. FACT Read much?
Do you? Did the people of iran elect him? NO, they did not - he was picked by the shah.

I also noticed how you have run like a chicken away from the fact that mossadegh tried to illegally usurp the shah's powers over the military and economy.

Quote:
LMAO So one has to have boots on the ground to qualify for a coup? That's recently been tried. It only fooled fools. What a joke.
If I tell you to jump off a bridge and give you $5 to do so, I'm guilty? Grow up.

If the US paid others to act, then it's on THEM.

Quote:
Oh sure the Iranians who wanted to over throw him needed no help whatsoever right? your post is laughable
If they didn't, and no americans were involved - who did it then? Martians? What is amazing is that no matter what happens, it is ALWAYS america's fault. To those without a clue, america is responsible for EVERY bad thing that happens worldwide, just tired boring nonsense.

Quote:
The only lies are coming from your post. President Barack Obama acknowledged the United States' involvement in the coup during a 2009 speech in Cairo."In the middle of the Cold War, the United States played a role in the overthrow of a democratically elected Iranian government," the president said.
Yes, they "played a role" by paying others to act. Funny how people like you have no issue with a country like russia militarily attacking and conquering over TWENTY countries, running them as puppets/satellites, but but but the US sends a check - and they are horribly "guilty."

The only sentence worth an ounce of salt you posted is this one, which supports my claims:

"TPAJAX was the CIA's codename for the overthrow plot, which relied on local collaborators at every stage. "

Yes, the coup forces - not the CIA, not the US Army, not the martians, the INDIGENOUS IRANIANS themselves.

It must suck for you to have your whole foundation of lies so devastatingly crushed, where your existence so entirely predicated on blaming the US for every issue around the world is completely shattered. Now you can go back to your lollipop.

Old 01-23-2014, 12:26 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,859,543 times
Why is it that when Muslims ARE involved in world conflicts that we never hear their religious leaders denounce the actions of the Muslims involved?

If I'm trying to brand myself as the "religion of peace" -- or whatever it is that they are trying to position their religion as -- and I have a few extremists go off the reservation, I'm going to denounce them loudly.

When the leaders are silent, I take that as an endorsement of the extremists behavior.

Old 01-23-2014, 05:42 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Uh, if you think so
Uh I know, uh

Quote:
Do you? Did the people of iran elect him? NO, they did not - he was picked by the shah.
AGAIN
LMAO Who said the people did? I never did. Oh that's right, you make things up often. Hopefully someone will read this to you slowly and explain it to you in small words.

He was elected by a democratically elected government. The majority party elects him. The Shah doesn't elect him to represent them, his party does. Get it yet? Try looking for the truth for once instead of scratching the surface.

Quote:
I also noticed how you have run like a chicken away from the fact that mossadegh tried to illegally usurp the shah's powers over the military and economy.
I stick to the subject and don't deflect and make it about something else. Look for the truth instead of trying to be right. Quit running.

Quote:
If I tell you to jump off a bridge and give you $5 to do so, I'm guilty? Grow up.
Another childish statement by someone who is getting it handed to them so they have nothing else to add. I almost feel sorry for you.

Quote:
If the US paid others to act, then it's on THEM.
Oh sure just like when a contract for hire shooter is the only one that gets charged, right? I'm embarrassed for you.

Quote:
If they didn't, and no americans were involved - who did it then? Martians? What is amazing is that no matter what happens, it is ALWAYS america's fault. To those without a clue, america is responsible for EVERY bad thing that happens worldwide, just tired boring nonsense.
What are you blathering on about? Show proof where I blame America. Won't be the last time you lie about what you think I believe in. Once again you no facts to back up your irrational statement. Because you said so

Quote:
Yes, they "played a role" by paying others to act. Funny how people like you have no issue with a country like russia militarily attacking and conquering over TWENTY countries, running them as puppets/satellites, but but but the US sends a check - and they are horribly "guilty."
LMAO Only took til the next paragraph for you to lie about what I think about AGAIN. Go ahead and prove I think this way. Oh I know it's because you said so. You have no facts so you make things up. I'm embarrassed for you.

Quote:
The only sentence worth an ounce of salt you posted is this one, which supports my claims:

"TPAJAX was the CIA's codename for the overthrow plot, which relied on local collaborators at every stage. "
Have someone read this to you and explain it slowly.

President Barack Obama acknowledged the United States' involvement in the coup during a 2009 speech in Cairo.
"In the middle of the Cold War, the United States played a role in the overthrow of a democratically elected Iranian government," the president said.

Quote:
Yes, the coup forces - not the CIA, not the US Army, not the martians, the INDIGENOUS IRANIANS themselves.
Again Have someone read this to you and explain it slowly.

It consisted of several steps: using propaganda to undermine Mossadegh politically, inducing the Shah to cooperate, bribing members of parliament, organizing the security forces, and ginning up public demonstrations. The initial attempt actually failed, but after a mad scramble the coup forces pulled themselves together and came through on their second try, on August 19.

Quote:
It must suck for you to have your whole foundation of lies so devastatingly crushed, where your existence so entirely predicated on blaming the US for every issue around the world is completely shattered. Now you can go back to your lollipop.
It must suck for you to have your whole foundation of lies so devastatingly crushed, where your existence so entirely predicated on lying about what others believe because you have such a weak foundation that relies on deceit.
I have presented facts with quotes and sources which has totally destroyed your "because you said so, void of facts screeching". You have presented nothing but childish lies trying to paint me into something I'm not in order to deflect. I feel sorry for you.
Keep making things up about how I blame America for everything. Go ahead lets see where I have done that. Present facts because your "because you said so" holds no water especially coming from you.

No facts from you, no sources, just because you said so.
I'm embarrassed for you.

Old 01-23-2014, 05:52 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
I just wish Muslims would mind there own business and keep their nose out of ours.
I hope that's sarcasm. If not, you seem to be confused. It's the US that is invading Muslim countries and making what goes on in those countries its business, not the other way around. When you look out your window do you see Muslims on tanks and trucks with machine guns going past your house?? Did someone drop a drone on your house? Are they stopping you and asking for ID and questioning you?

Old 01-23-2014, 05:57 PM

392 posts, read 352,222 times
Radical Islam is comprised of infidels- To justify murder in the name of God... or to say you are sanctioned by God to do harm to others is a simple statement - What they are saying is that God who is almighty - Is NOT almighty and God needs human hands to do some sort of punishing. Take a look at a few videos showing the conflict in Syria. It is horrific - and when young men scream out in fear and arrogance GOD IS GREAT ....You get the impression that God is no where to be found and has abandoned these fools.

Old 01-23-2014, 06:22 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
The way to end it is to get rid of all those that would do harm to this country.

That will never happen because there will always be some brain dead idiot willing to strap on a bomb.
Do you ever wonder why the US is the target for those who hate us and want to destroy the US? Why is it that Switzerland, Germany, Austria, Australia, Norway, and many more European/Asian countries aren't experiencing the hatred that the US experiences? Could it be because those countries mind their business? That they aren't out to change other countries? That they aren't invading countries? That they don't care what other countries are doing, as long as it doesn't affect them?

I couldn't care less about Pakistan, Afghanistan and any other country that wants to live in another century. What other countries helped the Taliban/Afghanistan when it was at war with Russia? The Taliban would have eventually won that war without the help of the US, as they always did since it's existence except for one, we just helped them win it sooner. We have been in Afghanistan going on 13 years, with allies, and we will walk away with another Iraq and Vietnam non-victory.

Why is the US number one on the hate list? We even spy on our allies and created distrust with them. We are a country in decline - divided from within, making enemies of other countries, spiraling downward economically and we are not the power that we once were.

How do you propose getting rid of all those who we created, that would do harm to this country? Do we just drop bombs and eliminate the entire population of every country that hates us? You don't seem to understand that these terrorists are the creation of the US. And sadly the US is no less a terrorist than those countries that want to destroy us, as we are destroying their countries. One man's terrorist, is another man's freedom fighter.

Old 01-23-2014, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Uh I know, uh
Not much, clearly.

Quote:
LMAO Who said the people did? I never did. Oh that's right, you make things up often. Hopefully someone will read this to you slowly and explain it to you in small words.
Once again, personal attacks. A weak debater who is getting quite frustrated because you are totally unable to convince anyone. How sad for you.

Even funnier is how you whine that I am making things up about your beliefs, then you turn around and claim I "make things up often." Pot, meet kettle...

Quote:
He was elected by a democratically elected government. The majority party elects him. The Shah doesn't elect him to represent them, his party does.
Did the iranian public elect him? No. They elected a government, who then decided to pick who could be PM. Doesn't sound very democratic, and it still had to be accepted by the shah.

And again, still no comment from you RE: mossadegh's illegal disbanding of the majlis, and attempt to take over the military. Guess facts like those that crush your weak debating points need to be ignored/avoided at all costs

Quote:
I stick to the subject and don't deflect and make it about something else. Look for the truth instead of trying to be right.
You're the one who brought Japan into the conversation. Stick to the facts for one post, at least.

Quote:
Another childish statement by someone who is getting it handed to them so they have nothing else to add. I almost feel sorry for you.
No doubt your parents gave you too much latitude, you cannot debate maturely, and have to repeat how "victorious" you are in every post. Not really worth my time.

Quote:
Oh sure just like when a contract for hire shooter is the only one that gets charged, right? I'm embarrassed for you.
Is that your "go-to" line when you think you've scored a brownie point?

This is international politics, not a criminal court case. Learn the difference.

Quote:
You have no facts so you make things up. I'm embarrassed for you.
Rinse, repeat :yawn:

Quote:
I have presented facts with quotes and sources
Really? Where was that? I openly stated that my source was the de-classified CIA papers, which precisely defines EXACTLY what the US did and did not do.

The US gave advice and money, did they send in troops and shoot anyone? No. Did they drop bombs or attack anyone or anything? No.

They PAID IRANIANS, which you continue to admit, yet keep pretending that they conducted a "coup." Paying iranians to remove a leader who had gone rogue by paying them is hardly "overthrowing a government." If anything, Mossadegh is guilty of doing that by disbanding the majlis, which you of course continue to ignore/avoid because it undermines your feeble "argument."

You should be more embarrassed for yourself, since you lack the maturity to discuss something without relentless personal attacks and juvenile attempts to insult.

Old 01-24-2014, 12:19 AM

14,492 posts, read 26,594,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Wouldn't that then make us look like the aggressors? No, better yet how about we get the Hell out of that region, and quit being the world cop. I'm all for retaliation, if they f*** with us, but I don't see a massive invasion force from any middle eastern country threatening our shores any time soon.
well said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies