Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 09:24 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,871,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"what happened in Benghazi was in fact initially a spontaneous reaction to what had just transpired hours before in Cairo"

HOW do they know
so soon after the attack. On one hand they say the FBI is investigating. We STILL haven't heard from them, then on the other hand she says "in fact".

The people in Benghazi say a different story. It was NOT spontaneous but a well planned attack.
Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. We've heard it all again and again, and it changes nothing.

I've got to hand it to you guys, though, you can beat a dead horse like nobody's business. Long after everybody else has move on from this non-story, you just keep whipping that carcass. It's actually pretty pathetic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2014, 09:51 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,844,821 times
Quote:
"what happened in Benghazi was in fact initially a spontaneous reaction to what had just transpired hours before in Cairo"

HOW do they know
so soon after the attack. On one hand they say the FBI is investigating. We STILL haven't heard from them, then on the other hand she says "in fact".

The people in Benghazi say a different story. It was NOT spontaneous but a well planned attack.
Susan Rice prefaced her remarks with: "Well, let us– let me tell you the– the best information we have at present."

Which is also what the CIA initial assessment says: "We believe based on currently available information that the attacks in Benghazi..."

It would appear based on current available information that the CIA initial assessment was wrong. The CIA didn't change their assessment until around Sept 24th.

Old 04-08-2014, 12:46 PM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. We've heard it all again and again, and it changes nothing.

I've got to hand it to you guys, though, you can beat a dead horse like nobody's business. Long after everybody else has move on from this non-story, you just keep whipping that carcass. It's actually pretty pathetic.
"It's actually pretty pathetic." I could say the same thing about your denial but, I am more mature and won't lower myself to your level.

Old 04-08-2014, 12:48 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,562,129 times
Impeach, Impeach! I'm not sure what for, but I demand it!

Old 04-08-2014, 12:49 PM

Quote:
"It's actually pretty pathetic." I could say the same thing about your denial but, I am more mature and won't lower myself to your level.
I'm not in denial. This is a non-issue. I accept that completely. No denial on my part.

Old 04-08-2014, 02:16 PM

702 posts, read 726,734 times
Let's assume the entire Obama administration conspired to lie about the cause. Let's assume they knew this was a planned, orchestrated attack from the get go... a terrorist attack boiled up in the minds of the hardest Al Queda cave-dwellers this side of Kandahar. Knowing this, they went out and purposefully tried to cover it up. They told the world it was a riot off-shoot to ride the truth that it was a terrorist attack.

Why the **** would they do that? What point would it serve? To make people think there are no terrorists anymore in the world? What is the purpose? How does it further their goals? Where is the motive in this crime?

For being such malevolent bastards they sure lie about the most pointless of things.

Compare it to people claiming Cheney and Bush lied about WMDs to start the Iraq war to benefit the petrol industry and Halliburton. That is a motive. A person could see why they would take those actions - to benefit themselves and their friends. You know where that went as far as holding anyone of the people behind that war accountable for the loss of thousands and thousands of lives? The same place the Benghazi wet dream has gone. Absolutely nowhere.

Tea Partiers need a while whale and Benghazi is it.

Old 04-08-2014, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EntropyGuardian View Post
Let's assume the entire Obama administration conspired to lie about the cause. Let's assume they knew this was a planned, orchestrated attack from the get go... a terrorist attack boiled up in the minds of the hardest Al Queda cave-dwellers this side of Kandahar. Knowing this, they went out and purposefully tried to cover it up. They told the world it was a riot off-shoot to ride the truth that it was a terrorist attack.

Why the **** would they do that? What point would it serve? To make people think there are no terrorists anymore in the world? What is the purpose? How does it further their goals? Where is the motive in this crime?

For being such malevolent bastards they sure lie about the most pointless of things.

Compare it to people claiming Cheney and Bush lied about WMDs to start the Iraq war to benefit the petrol industry and Halliburton. That is a motive. A person could see why they would take those actions - to benefit themselves and their friends. You know where that went as far as holding anyone of the people behind that war accountable for the loss of thousands and thousands of lives? The same place the Benghazi wet dream has gone. Absolutely nowhere.

Tea Partiers need a while whale and Benghazi is it.
You are asking for logic, when the people who are beating this dead horse are operating solely on emotion. Namely hate. They hate this president with every fiber of their being, and therefore nothing is too ridiculous to accuse him of. Birthers are a great example. Benghazites are cut from the same cloth.

Your post just points out the obvious that all sane people have known and understood from the beginning. But don't expect it to sway anyone here.

Old 04-09-2014, 05:38 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,694,182 times
It won't be over until the questions are answered, and there still are plenty of unanswered questions and conflicting information.

The gov't failed our people in Benghazi. We need to know why.

Don't be deceived into thinking there's no political motivation in the way information released to the public is presented.
Changes in meanings of words, statements with nuances, omissions as damning as commissions -- all are carefully crafted for a reason.

Old 04-09-2014, 06:56 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,694,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firebrand4 View Post
YOU need to know why... nobody else GAFF
NEXT
You mean, nobody on the left. We know that already.

If the tables were turned and it was a Republican administration in charge, the left would be all over it.

And you know it.

Old 04-09-2014, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
You mean, nobody on the left. We know that already.

If the tables were turned and it was a Republican administration in charge, the left would be all over it.

And you know it.
Really. How many hearings did Congress hold demanding a second by second accounting of the Reagan administration's every utterance following the 1983 embassy bombing in Beirut that killed 63 people, 17 of them Americans? Oh, that's right, none. How about the embassy bombing in Beirut the following year that killed another 24 people? Oh, that's right, none.

Yeah, we know it, all right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies