Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 08:24 PM

7,072 posts, read 9,610,551 times

Advertisements

Why do so many Canadians go shopping in the USA?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2014, 08:31 PM

211 posts, read 301,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliss2 View Post
Interesting. This top 10 list written by "Canada" describes many issues that Canadians simply do not regard as worthy of discussion. When "we" Canadians talk about issues in the United States, we do not generally discuss things like tax fraud, federal entitlements towards blacks, and US gas gouging. "We" tend to list stupidity in terms of things like health care, poverty, child care benefits, and employment issues (among others, of course).

In other words, this list was obviously written by an American, and from an American perspective.
I LOL-ed at the OP's thinly disguised right-wing propaganda masquerading as the opinions of a largely liberal country. Sheesh, the depths the right will plunge...

Old 01-28-2014, 09:47 PM

1,089 posts, read 1,420,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
Record numbers of people are quitting their jobs and simply feeding off the government. Take a look around.

Do you think all those homeless people standing in the same place everyday asking for money aren't making any? How long would they stand there is they weren't making 200-400 and more per day? Visit some larger cities, they brag about it, just ask one.

Tax free money from begging, plus every government handout they can get. They aren't paying taxes.

Time for a lesson, if someone is getting a government check, they aren't paying taxes on anything. If the item they buy has a tax on it, who is paying that tax, the person who got the money from the government or the taxpayers who got bilked so that their wealth could be distributed? Time to start thinking beyond the liberal brain cloud.
You can't get unemployment if you 'quit' your job.

I get a government check, it's called a pension, I pay taxes. If someone gets social security they're getting a government check, they pay taxes. Sure there's homeless panhandling money, if you're so bent out of shape, tell the IRS.

The argument that the rich pay such a huge percentage of the taxes is irrelevant unless you compare how much of the wealth they have. Bill Gates and I have an average net worth of over 33.5 Billion dollars.

Go to a flat tax on all income (no deductions) and see how the rich cry a river because they'll have to pay more. They (and Congress) are the reason we don't have a fair tax system.

Old 02-02-2014, 02:52 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,836,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliss2 View Post
Interesting. This top 10 list written by "Canada" describes many issues that Canadians simply do not regard as worthy of discussion. When "we" Canadians talk about issues in the United States, we do not generally discuss things like tax fraud, federal entitlements towards blacks, and US gas gouging. "We" tend to list stupidity in terms of things like health care, poverty, child care benefits, and employment issues (among others, of course).

In other words, this list was obviously written by an American, and from an American perspective.
Exactly what I thought, aliss. I'm a Canadian (in the US), and I immediately thought this list to be VERY unCanadian, idealogically.

Old 02-04-2014, 04:10 PM

12,623 posts, read 13,919,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkSide View Post
The reason they don't report on Canada is because CANADA HAS UNIVERSAL, FREE, HEALTHCARE.

And over here, we are getting left to DIE.
Over here, the Insurance companies won't help you if your costs are "too high".

The U.S. doesn't want anyone knowing about that. Even though it is OBVIOUS.

We are NOT in the "Greatest Country in the World". We are in another,more recent version of
THE ROMAN EMPIRE, or NAZI GERMANY.

People don't want to hear it. But truth is truth.

Take a look at All our Capitals and monuments... Roman.

I assume you do know the basics of a libertarian philosophy. Very strange rhetoric coming from a "libertarian". The last thing in the world a libertarian govt would provide for people is universal health care coverage. Libertarians are more right wing than your standard right wing Republican. They don't believe in govt taking care of anybody except maybe common defense (as in military).

A Libertarian Govt would leave more people to starve and die than any Republican administration in history.

Last edited by tom77falcons; 02-04-2014 at 04:38 PM..

Old 02-04-2014, 04:13 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,934,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram2 View Post
Why do so many Canadians go shopping in the USA?
Why do so many Americans go shopping in Mexico?

Old 02-12-2014, 07:08 AM

297 posts, read 476,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Why do so many Americans go shopping in Mexico?
Why do so many Mexicans go shopping in the U.S.A. ?

Old 02-12-2014, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Why do so many Mexicans go shopping in the U.S.A. ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
I assume you do know the basics of a libertarian philosophy. Very strange rhetoric coming from a "libertarian". The last thing in the world a libertarian govt would provide for people is universal health care coverage. Libertarians are more right wing than your standard right wing Republican. They don't believe in govt taking care of anybody except maybe common defense (as in military).

A Libertarian Govt would leave more people to starve and die than any Republican administration in history.
Actually I believe the ONLY things Gov't should be responsible for (within a state) IS hospitals/healthcare, Welfare, Freeways,
and the distribution of funds for the miscellaneous things the states ask for.
Because it makes SENSE.

One good thing about Libertarians is that it is NOT Republican,
thus there is room for making some sense.

ps. The only "Rhetoric" was YOUR reply to MY comment.
Cool little trick; people on here making negative, snap and witty remarks to get Reps.
You're so cool.

Last edited by TheDarkSide; 02-12-2014 at 07:22 AM..

Old 02-12-2014, 07:27 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post

Oh? You mean like actually adhering to the US Constitution?

Quote:
Actually I believe the ONLY things Gov't should be responsible for (within a state) IS hospitals/healthcare, Welfare, Freeways,
and the distribution of funds for the miscellaneous things the states ask for.
Because it makes SENSE.

One good thing about Libertarians is that it is NOT Republican,
thus there is room for making some sense.

ps. The only "Rhetoric" was YOUR reply to MY comment.
Cool little trick; people on here making negative, snap and witty remarks to get Reps.
You're so cool.

Ain't that the truth!

Old 02-12-2014, 07:50 AM

LOL back atcha!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies