Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 11:52 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,211,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britt Reid View Post
Those 2007 scandal issues were brought up in his last election in 2010 and he was still voted back in.
Yup accept an adulter back into office, the Christian thing to do. As with Davis she has flaws just like the others who run and correct them.

Last edited by Boss; 01-23-2014 at 11:54 AM.. Reason: sp
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2014, 11:56 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
In Texas my family is tired of the Repub. corruption.
And in Texas, my family is tired of Democrat lies and high taxation.

No one lies more or is more corrupt then your fearless leader.

Old 01-23-2014, 11:58 AM

I'm going to vote for her Democratic opponent in the primaries, then if needed vote against her in the main election.

Old 01-23-2014, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
And in Texas, my family is tired of Democrat lies and high taxation.

No one lies more or is more corrupt then your fearless leader.
How those real estate taxes doing there in Texas? Repub.control for how many years? No Dems not the issue in Texas.

Old 01-23-2014, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I'm going to vote for her Democratic opponent in the primaries, then if needed vote against her in the main election.
Scared to death of her amazing

Old 01-23-2014, 12:13 PM

878 posts, read 737,397 times
Looks like Davis is done as undercover tape released today shows her staff in meeting making fun of Greg Abbott for being in a wheel chair. I wonder what these democrats think of Franklin D. Roosevelt?

""I really wonder how this is going to work out since he's in a wheelchair since and most of the slogans are 'Stand with Wendy," one staffer is seen saying in the video.

"First of all he's not good looking, he doesn't speak very well, he doesn't have a good personality and he's in a wheelchair," another woman is heard saying as someone laughs loudly in the background.

CAUGHT ON TAPE: Wendy Davis Supporters, BGTX Mock Greg Abbott's Disability - YouTube

Old 01-23-2014, 12:32 PM

I'm glad to hear the candidate was not in the sound. Find out who the staffers are, termination is warranted.

Old 01-23-2014, 12:32 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,220,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
I have personally known many women married to powerful men who gave up custody to avoid the ugliness that such sociopaths can create.

I have also known teenagers who wanted the money that daddy can provide.

I've known teenagers who were forced to "choose" a father as custodial parent to avoid the nastiness that he threatened towards them and their mother.

There are many other scenarios. The one thing that's clear is that Wendy Davis is the one who did NOT drag her daughters' father through this scandal. He did that to HER and his daughters, all on his own. Voluntarily.
you know nothing of this instance

Old 01-23-2014, 12:47 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,457,651 times
Why in the world are some of you alleging her ex-husband is so terrible? You have zero evidence of this, and there IS evidence that Wendy Davis was dishonest.

As far as why the daughters chose her ex-husband, it should be pointed out that one was 21. I don't know why it was reported that he got "custody" of her. Maybe she was living at home and chose to live with him. If so, do you really think that would have been because he promised her a car or had more money, as some have suggested? I could understand suggesting that might be more likely when it came to the younger daughter, but I doubt a 21 year old would be stupid enough to live with someone voluntarily if he was truly as horrible as some of you suggest just because he promised her a car, especially given that he wasn't even her biological father.

It should be pointed out that the younger daughter was attending private school (an expensive and selective school), so she wouldn't have chosen to live with her father because of differences between schools. It should also be pointed out that Wendy was certainly quite successful at the time.

Old 01-23-2014, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
How those real estate taxes doing there in Texas? Repub.control for how many years? No Dems not the issue in Texas.
Jobs moving here by the thousands. How's that State Income tax working out for you ?

I'd bet my overall tax is cheaper than 90% of the rest of the states.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies