Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2014, 12:25 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,589,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
And, for those of you who still believe in AGW as "fact", you need to learn what the scientific method is... AND logic.

Here's a little primer... By someone smarter than I, so I commit a rarity (for me) and link to someone else's argument.

The Scientific Method and Climate Science | Watts Up With That?
There is no scientific method when it comes to "climate change". Indeed, I have challenged the "global warming" people, on more than one occasion, to show me a single experiment on so-called climate change and no one has been able to deliver. Not only is there not repeated evidence, but there is no single model experiment that proves climate change is caused by the man-made factors they claim. Not only that, but I asked for an explanation on how so-called greenhouse gasses contributed to "global warming" (which isn't happening) and no one was able to respond. There is no scientific method or objective, peer-reviewed data on so-called man-made global warming.

Old 01-25-2014, 02:13 AM

33,536 posts, read 37,136,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
After all this time I still haven't seen my question answered.

Why are emissions OK once they have been taxed or someone has paid for them?
The goal is not to eliminate all carbon emissions, but to reduce them to levels that put earth's natural carbon cycle back in a state of balance......As has happened in my province, once a carbon tax is applied emissions decrease. The Carbon Cycle : Feature Articles

The problem with you deniers is that you do not even take the time to learn the science, so you are lost in any discussion about it.

Old 01-25-2014, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
There is no scientific method when it comes to "climate change". Indeed, I have challenged the "global warming" people, on more than one occasion, to show me a single experiment on so-called climate change and no one has been able to deliver. Not only is there not repeated evidence, but there is no single model experiment that proves climate change is caused by the man-made factors they claim. Not only that, but I asked for an explanation on how so-called greenhouse gasses contributed to "global warming" (which isn't happening) and no one was able to respond. There is no scientific method or objective, peer-reviewed data on so-called man-made global warming.
I don't believe you...If you read the climate change threads on this forum it has been explained numerous times how CO2 warms the climate...Without CO2 in the atmosphere earth would be a ball of ice, and the more CO2, the warmer it gets....Look at Venus as an extreme example....It's atmosphere is made up almost completely of carbon dioxide... This composition causes a runaway greenhouse effect that heats the planet even hotter than the surface of Mercury, although Venus lies farther from the sun. The average temperature on Venus is 864 degrees Fahrenheit.

Here try and learn something.... The Carbon Cycle : Feature Articles

Old 01-25-2014, 02:37 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,244,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
The goal is not to eliminate all carbon emissions, but to reduce them to levels that put earth's natural carbon cycle back in a state of balance......As has happened in my province, once a carbon tax is applied emissions decrease. The Carbon Cycle : Feature Articles
Nope. The emissions move to another province/country/continent. Sorry, but you can't hurt overall human progress, you can just hurt yourself and the ones around you.

And no I don't view emissions themselves human progress, I view economic growth a condition of human progress and if you even want to hope on humanity getting to a level of technology that is both clean and satisfactory to human desire you should not try to stop it with taxes.

Old 01-25-2014, 02:45 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:

The problem with you deniers is that you do not even take the time to learn the science, so you are lost in any discussion about it.
And as of yet you have been unable to explain it.

"A perfect balance". Lol. If it falls below this balance do we then pay people to pollute.

Old 01-25-2014, 03:07 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,928,953 times
Protecting the environment and stopping pollution is a great thing. However, the Earth's climate has been changing since Earth began. Global Warming Activists seem to flip out every time it is cold or every time it is hot. It's laughable. Have you ever seen their graph of the climate over time? It is an altered graph that shows a +/- and then a line within that to make it look like a huge climb.

In reality, there has not been much correlation between what could have been caused by humans and what hasn't been caused by humans. For as much as the Democrats preach to help the middle class.. everything they do is a war on the middle class. This global warming only hurts the middle class by taxing companies, raising taxes to promote "green living" and making things more expensive. The poor are given everything, the rich can afford the tax prices, meanwhile the middle class are bent over like always.

How much have we honestly affected it? Do you want to risk your well being and the economy on something that is nothing more than a guess?

No one is denying climate change, to suggest that only proves your ignorance.

Old 01-25-2014, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Protecting the environment and stopping pollution is a great thing. However, the Earth's climate has been changing since Earth began. Global Warming Activists seem to flip out every time it is cold or every time it is hot. It's laughable. Have you ever seen their graph of the climate over time? It is an altered graph that shows a +/- and then a line within that to make it look like a huge climb.

In reality, there has not been much correlation between what could have been caused by humans and what hasn't been caused by humans. For as much as the Democrats preach to help the middle class.. everything they do is a war on the middle class. This global warming only hurts the middle class by taxing companies, raising taxes to promote "green living" and making things more expensive. The poor are given everything, the rich can afford the tax prices, meanwhile the middle class are bent over like always.

How much have we honestly affected it? Do you want to risk your well being and the economy on something that is nothing more than a guess?

No one is denying climate change, to suggest that only proves your ignorance.
Nothing more than a guess?....Do you live under a rock?.....

The climate reacts to whatever forces it to change, and there are many factors that can do this: volcanic eruptions, changes in the sun’s temperature, and the emission of greenhouse gases. But right now the unprecedented amount of CO2 in the atmosphere is causing the climate to change more rapidly, and it is in no way cyclical.

Old 01-25-2014, 04:10 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,928,953 times
Quote:

The climate reacts to whatever forces it to change, and there are many factors that can do this: volcanic eruptions, changes in the sun’s temperature, and the emission of greenhouse gases. But right now the unprecedented amount of CO2 in the atmosphere is causing the climate to change more rapidly, and it is in no way cyclical.

What proof is there that it is increasing more rapidly than it has in the past? The issue is, there is really no proof to back up your claims here. Look at the graph that was actually created by the global warming people. How can you not see how that graph was altered to make it look so alarming?

I don't live under a rock, I live above a giant rock.

Old 01-25-2014, 04:13 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,480,794 times
Quote:

""unprecedented amount of CO2 in the atmosphere""

you lie

co2 has been much higher many, many times...and higher co2 would be better for the planet

current co2 os in the mid-high 300's ppm...

optimum co2 levels for plants and the earth as a whole....700-1500 ppm

HISTORICAL levels have reached 10,000 ppm

yet you lie with ""unprecedented amount of CO2 in the atmosphere""

you are debunked

Old 01-25-2014, 04:16 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,382,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
What proof is there that it is increasing more rapidly than it has in the past? The issue is, there is really no proof to back up your claims here.
Seriously?

The evidence is overwhelming. Here's the basics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCONEqcvoHI

For the sources of the slides used in the video, click here. Video Sources
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies