U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2014, 11:38 AM

48,526 posts, read 73,110,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
I think the whole debate over climate change is rather stupid, in a sense...the main reason people deny it is because they want an excuse to pollute BUT even if climate change isn't real pollution is not a good thing...just look at China. If it wasn't for the environmental 'lobby' etc and environmentalists America would be no different today. So all you climate change deniers, you're just 'masking' your support for the destruction of the planet and we should all ship you to the industrial cities in China.
I think the debate is more over some using it has some thing that man can change and want funding they control out of federal budget. That they blame every disaster on it also doesn't help and many proponents just repeat what they read from the funding dollar advocates of it. China like much of the western world during industrialization times has a pollution problem. Climate change advocates worse enemies are their own spin for funding.

Old 01-22-2014, 11:41 AM

15,087 posts, read 10,032,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Hilarious!

Liberals are obsessed with spelling errors, as they lack actual knowledge.

Perhaps you could demonstrate how and why "global warming" is different than any other theory and should be independent of the basic cornerstones of science.

You may begin. Please PROVE that the null hypothesis- global warming IS NOT HAPPENING is valid, with a p<.05.
I don't need null hypothesis and theories. I'm living smack in the middle of climate change. I can see it, hear it, feel it, smell it and taste it. The further north you go, the more evident it becomes. Come on up here and argue your null hypothesis with the Inuit. Show them your charts and graphs and theories. You'll be lucky to escape with your life.

Old 01-22-2014, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Electricity is powerd by coal for the most part.

To be a true liberal, you need to start burning animal dung and wood and ride a bike, instead of the train or a car. Oh........... and please turn off the AC in the summer.
Right. I'm going to argue global warming with someone who posts idiocy like this. I have to burn animal dung to be a true liberal.

Old 01-22-2014, 11:48 AM

9,473 posts, read 4,838,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
I don't need null hypothesis and theories. I'm living smack in the middle of climate change. I can see it, hear it, feel it, smell it and taste it. The further north you go, the more evident it becomes. Come on up here and argue your null hypothesis with the Inuit. Show them your charts and graphs and theories. You'll be lucky to escape with your life.
Wow, you refuse to believe in the scientific method.

The debate isn't over whether the climate changes - the only constant in our climate is change - the debate is the CAUSE.

And all the nonsense in the world won't prove a blasted thing about the cause.

And, for SURE the Inuit have no tribal insight into the cause of our variable climate.

Old 01-22-2014, 11:50 AM

9,473 posts, read 4,838,144 times
Quote:
Right. I'm going to argue global wa ming with someone who posts idiocy like this. I have to burn animal dung to be a true liberal.
Maybe you're not a true liberal.

Maybe you're just faking it.

Why do we care? You're still wrong as wrong gets.

Old 01-22-2014, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
Maybe you're not a true liberal.

Maybe you're just faking it.

Why do we care? You're still wrong as wrong gets.
Whatever floats your boat, sweetheart.

Old 01-22-2014, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Wow, you refuse to believe in the scientific method.

The debate isn't over whether the climate changes - the only constant in our climate is change - the debate is the CAUSE.

And all the nonsense in the world won't prove a blasted thing about the cause.

And, for SURE the Inuit have no tribal insight into the cause of our variable climate.
Now would be a good time to insist I'm using coal to heat my house, make up your own words, and crow about how you're smarter than anyone else.

Old 01-22-2014, 11:59 AM

4,176 posts, read 3,458,185 times
Quote:
Wow, now we have an Inuit expert in our midst! I can only assume you either (A) spent years researching their people and culture, and issues of concern to them; or (B) are yourself Inuit!

So which is it? I'm dying to know.

Old 01-22-2014, 01:35 PM

25,379 posts, read 18,821,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by California831 View Post
OP, I agree with you. The problem is this message board is mostly dominated by people who dont. I dont understand anthropogenic climate change deniers. I dont know where they get their science from or who influences them to think that way. They obviously blindly follow their conservative leaders and believe the junk science they get from scientists paid off by the oil and gas industries. Sigh..
here are a few pages you might consider reading;

CO2 vs Temperature: Last 400,000 years

temperature

The big picture: 65 million years of temperature swings JoNova

i doubt you will read them though as they dont fit your alarmist narrative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
Right. There are a number of denialists who fear the imagined economic consequences of dealing with the matter, so they pretend there's no matter to deal with.
really? imagined economic consequences? lets look at that shall we? up until the early 70s, 1972 to be exact, new car prices went up about 2-3% per year on average, including the late 60s when the clean air acts in both california and the federal act were instituted and started taking effect. after 1972 new car prices went up an average of 3-5% per year. so what happened in 1972? the clean air acts fully took effect, complete with all the new regulations on automobiles. now as i have said before, i like clean and clean water, but what i DONT like is the government telling everyone HOW to meet these standards. had the government set the standards to meet, and then stepped back and let the automakers work, emissions would still have been reduced, substantially, and we would have had better running engines that were more efficient than we had. so yes there is a substantial economic consequence to deal with.

Quote:
I'm not sure why they think someone else would think the best way to bring about this alleged agenda is to enlist the aid of thousands of scientists whose work is constantly reviewed and checked, and have a lot to lose professionally. Because they'd never tell, and no one would ever examine the things they say and check to see if they were true. The best conspiracies always involve thousands of people.

Like all conspiracy theories, this guy's doesn't even make sense.
you dont trust anyone not connected to government do you? you trust government fully dont you?

Quote:
Wrong. I use Hydroelectric power. I don't have AC.
really? do you live in the big city? or even a small town? how far is the nearest hydroelectric powerplant from you? or do you generate your own power?

Old 01-22-2014, 01:46 PM

55,832 posts, read 21,207,986 times
Still waiting for the explanation as to why emissions all of a sudden become acceptable after you tax them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies