Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 08:27 PM

9,556 posts, read 20,799,067 times

Advertisements

I think the whole debate over climate change is rather stupid, in a sense...the main reason people deny it is because they want an excuse to pollute BUT even if climate change isn't real pollution is not a good thing...just look at China. If it wasn't for the environmental 'lobby' etc and environmentalists America would be no different today. So all you climate change deniers, you're just 'masking' your support for the destruction of the planet and we should all ship you to the industrial cities in China.

Old 01-21-2014, 08:33 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times
I don't know man. Trying to guess what is happening with the Earth's climate based on a tiny, tiny percentage of the overall life of the planet is like trying to guess your wife's mood 10 years from now based on the last 5 minutes.

The facts we know are that ice has grown and melted many times over the years. We know that long ago the planet was much warmer and humid. We know that the northern hemisphere is usually covered in ice. 100,000 years of ice and 10,000 years of warmth.

And no one understands the impact of the sun's microwaves on the core of the Earth and how that affects the overall temps.

Personally, I think it's a ridiculous notion.

Old 01-21-2014, 08:36 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Mods should close this as nobody denies that climates change.

Old 01-21-2014, 08:39 PM

7,358 posts, read 6,526,600 times
I know of no [anthropogenic] climate change deniers (myself included) who think it's ok to still pollute. Part of my fear is that we'll do something to try and cool the Earth down and we actually WILL damage something.

Old 01-21-2014, 08:40 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,969,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
I think the whole debate over climate change is rather stupid, in a sense...the main reason people deny it is because they want an excuse to pollute BUT even if climate change isn't real pollution is not a good thing...just look at China. If it wasn't for the environmental 'lobby' etc and environmentalists America would be no different today. So all you climate change deniers, you're just 'masking' your support for the destruction of the planet and we should all ship you to the industrial cities in China.
Obviously you don't believe in science.

Old 01-21-2014, 08:42 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
I think the whole debate over climate change is rather stupid, in a sense...the main reason people believe this hoax it is because they want an excuse to redistribute wealth.

And BTW, I love the environment. The AGW haox is very detrimental to the environment because it detracts from true environmental destruction.

A dollar wasted on the AGW haox is a dollar that could be spent cleaning up the environment.

AGW haox lemmings hate the environment.

Old 01-21-2014, 08:44 PM

Here's someone who accurately predicted that "global warming" would end... BEFORE it did, and not only that it would, but WHY, and can demonstrate not just correlation, but cause and effect.

Setting the record straight on ‘the cause of pause in global warming’ | Watts Up With That?

This is what we call "actual science". What you believe in is NOT science at all, but hype in support of a politically useful theory.

Old 01-21-2014, 08:47 PM

9,556 posts, read 20,799,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
I think the whole debate over climate change is rather stupid, in a sense...the main reason people believe this hoax it is because they want an excuse to redistribute wealth.

And BTW, I love the environment. The AGW haox is very detrimental to the environment because it detracts from true environmental destruction.

A dollar wasted on the AGW haox is a dollar that could be spent cleaning up the environment.

AGW haox lemmings hate the environment.
Wow you're into your conspiracy theories right? Oh not, it COULDN'T be because we actually want to preserve the world for humanity, future generations, and all life?

Old 01-21-2014, 08:48 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,520,506 times
Jesus, are you all that obtuse down under?

Old 01-21-2014, 08:49 PM

And, for those of you who still believe in AGW as "fact", you need to learn what the scientific method is... AND logic.

Here's a little primer... By someone smarter than I, so I commit a rarity (for me) and link to someone else's argument.

The Scientific Method and Climate Science | Watts Up With That?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies