Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 03:42 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,365,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I agree with that but we currently have a president that believes in redistribution instead of having policies that allow others to create wealth. Instead, his policies are a hinderance and encourages you to focus on what you don't have instead of... envy and hate instead of encouragement.

It's not easy for anyone I don't care how liberals spin it.
Im not sure that he or anyone else really sees good alternatives to redistribution. Worldwide thats whats worked best.

Unions (I know I know bad word) worked well, but for the most part they're dead these days.

And increasingly its capital that makes money, not individuals. Few people believe in "trickle down" economics that promised a better world for all.

Policies to create wealth almost universally seem to revolve around policies that make the wealth wealthier.

Do you have any ideas that don't involve redistribution that don't simply make the problem worse?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2014, 03:42 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
You have ZERO idea about who or what I am. And you are wildly mistaken.

Your personal attacks do not add to a discussion.
Tell me what part of what I said don't you agree with?

Quote:
If you had an idea and turned it into a successful business and was paid for it I doubt you would like the idea that you put forth. For you it's all about destroying successful people, all about being jealous of what they were able to achieve, all about wanting to take what they earned.

Old 01-22-2014, 03:44 PM

Quote:
maybe the next place to attack the problem is excessive copyrights/patents/etc. But we're not there yet.
You said "Maybe the next place to ATTACK is copyrights, patents etc"?????

Isn't that wanting to take something from someone, you know ATTACK and destroy?

Old 01-22-2014, 03:45 PM

1. I liked the idea quite a bit, and I was paid reasonably for it.
2. I have no issue with people being successful, you misattribute my concern with the issue-extreme inequality damages us economically, and socially.
3. Actually considering im in the top 20% income wise, *I* benefit not at all, I am FAR more likely to be harmed by this then the majority.

In other words every single thing was wrong.

Old 01-22-2014, 03:46 PM

Quote:
You said "Maybe the next place to ATTACK is copyrights, patents etc"?????

Isn't that wanting to take something from someone, you know ATTACK and destroy?
Sigh, and then I clarified that the length of them was the issue and why.

Reading comprehension is critical, and quoting me out of context is sad.

Old 01-22-2014, 03:48 PM

Quote:
1. I liked the idea quite a bit, and I was paid reasonably for it.
2. I have no issue with people being successful, you misattribute my concern with the issue-extreme inequality damages us economically, and socially.
3. Actually considering im in the top 20% income wise, *I* benefit not at all, I am FAR more likely to be harmed by this then the majority.

In other words every single thing was wrong.
By the way you think, since you are in the top 20% someone who is in the bottom 5% needs to take what you have.

And yes, you WILL BE HARMED because for government, just like it is human nature for anyone it will NEVER be enough. If you make $80k a year, you will always want to make $100k next year. And you think the government thinks different? They will always see the American people as a piggy bank. And you will be next, believe me.

Old 01-22-2014, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Sigh, and then I clarified that the length of them was the issue and why.

Reading comprehension is critical, and quoting me out of context is sad.
Sigh, why so you can come in and take it. What makes you think that the original owner isn't going to buy rights again and what makes you think you deserve the rights?

Ok everyone, APPLE, the copyrights and patents is going to expire it's up for grabs. Now you can steal APPL idea. It's all about thievery for liberals, everything obviously.

No go and steal pirated copies of cd's from your favorite band. Liberalism!

Old 01-22-2014, 03:52 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,516,181 times
Quote:
Yup, he believe rising inequality encourages people to work harder for that golden ring.

Somehow he misses the whole definition of "rising inequality" which indicates that golden ring is moving further and further away.

Rich Man Calls Rising Income Inequality 'Fantastic'

But he does manage to parrot a bunch of the right wing talking points. So there is that. While the majority of the world is appalled by his statements, I suspect he would fit right in here.
The more amazing part is there is alot of poor white trash who would yell out in agreement with him.

Such is the power of propaganda on the uneducated.

Old 01-22-2014, 03:53 PM

Quote:
By the way you think, since you are in the top 20% someone who is in the bottom 5% needs to take what you have.

And yes, you WILL BE HARMED because for government, just like it is human nature for anyone it will NEVER be enough. If you make $80k a year, you will always want to make $100k next year. And you think the government thinks different? They will always see the American people as a piggy bank. And you will be next, believe me.
Sigh. OK one more time.

Wealth inequality GOOD

extreme wealth inequality BAD

What are your ideas to fix this that 1. will work, and 2. aren't redistributive.

Failing that-how would you redistribute?

Me I can think of a LOT of ways. -subsidize all college loans at a rate set to match inflation, set a minimum income, provide free birth control, and many many other ideas.

All I hear from you is insults directed at me. As usual..the party of NO, in this case the party of NO ideas.

Old 01-22-2014, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Sigh, why so you can come in and take it. What makes you think that the original owner isn't going to buy rights again and what makes you think you deserve the rights?

Ok everyone, APPLE, the copyrights and patents is going to expire it's up for grabs. Now you can steal APPL idea. It's all about thievery for liberals, everything obviously.
No its about the idea that copyrights were conceived of as a 2 way street-the public limitation of not being able to copy everything vs the benefit that it was for a limited time.

We've just kept extending it year after year to keep disney copyrights safe. (seriously).

Maybe you arent aware of just how short copyright originally was.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies