Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 05:22 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,097,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
By itself surely but we don't know the extent. The amount of tickets issued for going through a stop sign is statistically insignificant when compared to the amount of people that could of been issued tickets had they been caught.
So does that mean we should put monitors on every car that issues you a ticket every time you run a stop sign?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2014, 05:24 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,097,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Again we can look at the indicators such as the reference I gave above, when 500 votes can swing a presidential election it doesn't have to be massive. One fraudulent vote is too many and we need to take steps to insure that all votes are legitimate, voter ID is one step in that direction.
So only 50 people voted legally in a district that had found 100 fraudulent registrations? I am missing something here.

Old 01-22-2014, 05:24 PM

41,815 posts, read 50,920,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Let me known when there is a study that proves there is rampant voter fraud.
How do you determine how many people fraudulently voted if you don't have the means to do that?

Old 01-22-2014, 05:27 PM

41,815 posts, read 50,920,524 times
Quote:
So only 50 people voted legally in a district that had found 100 fraudulent registrations? I am missing something here.
One small county had 100 fraudulent registrations, I believe it was found that 50 of them voted. There is 67 counties in Florida so even without adjusting for population if that were to occur in every county that's 3,350 votes which easily surpasses the margin of victory by Bush.

Old 01-22-2014, 05:28 PM

41,111 posts, read 25,666,932 times
Quote:
Let me known when there is a study that proves there is rampant voter fraud.
Yes how do they prove it if there is no voter ID?

Even one fraudulent vote cancels out my vote. Another fraudulent vote cancels out anthers. And on and on. Why don't we hand the election over to liberals. That is the goal anyway. We are just going through the motions for them to steal the election anyway.

Old 01-22-2014, 05:31 PM

24,623 posts, read 19,105,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Judge in Pennsylvania strikes down voter ID law

The state “wholly failed to show any evidence of in-person voter fraud,†McGinley wrote.

Wow, that judge just stomped all over the US Constitution.

The State is not required to show evidence o
f "in-person voter fraud."

Constitutionally...

Mircea

Old 01-22-2014, 05:49 PM

582 posts, read 777,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
I don't know-- every GOP organization in the country is still trying to find them. Are you saying they overlooked massive fraud?
Please explain exactly how you would determine after the fact that a ballot cast was or was not cast by a specific person.

Please give details of a method in which you can determine that a person stating they are John Clark is indeed John Clark without asking for ID and in a manner that would allow for reasonable prompt voting.

The answer to both questions is that you can't. Nor can those manning the voting station know if massive fraud is occurring. They very well could be overlooking massive fraud, there is no way to tell.

For those posting wanting to see proof that fraud has occurred, the proof has been submitted showing that the dead have voted. That very much implies that fraud is occurring by other means that are not detectable. Given that every election cycle there are election that are won or lost by a handful of votes, don't we want the election process to be a bulletproof as possible? Bush won Florida by 537 votes, an amount that some may call an "statically insignificant number".

Many have posted that the constitution doesn't mention an ID requirement for voting. The constitution is mute on how voting occurs. Given that the time of ratification that traveling to the US from abroad was dangerous, time consuming and expensive; and there were few reason to come to the US that didn't involve working and building the community I don't believe it was an issue they would have foresaw. Had they know that people would travel in mass to the US and that travel would only take hours, I suspect they would have added more details on becoming a citizen and voting methods.

Simply put, if someone is capable of getting a driver licences, signing up for welfare, medicare, Obamacare or other program they are capable of getting an ID. Sorry, but getting an ID is about as much of a burden as turning off the TV and going to the pooling both.

Old 01-22-2014, 05:51 PM

582 posts, read 777,405 times
Quote:
So does that mean we should put monitors on every car that issues you a ticket every time you run a stop sign?
No. Nor does it mean that you should stop issuing drivers licences.

Old 01-22-2014, 05:58 PM

5,652 posts, read 6,965,116 times
PA could've fixed a few bridges with the amount of money being spent on something that's insignificant as a problem. I'm more worried about the impending infrastructure collapse than I am about a handful of dead voters.

PA is a weird state anyway. It's all the GOP in the middle that prevent rational people from overthrowing the Communist state liquor monopoly.

Old 01-22-2014, 06:01 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,712,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nealrm View Post
Please explain exactly how you would determine after the fact that a ballot cast was or was not cast by a specific person.

Please give details of a method in which you can determine that a person stating they are John Clark is indeed John Clark without asking for ID and in a manner that would allow for reasonable prompt voting.

The answer to both questions is that you can't. Nor can those manning the voting station know if massive fraud is occurring. They very well could be overlooking massive fraud, there is no way to tell.

For those posting wanting to see proof that fraud has occurred, the proof has been submitted showing that the dead have voted. That very much implies that fraud is occurring by other means that are not detectable. Given that every election cycle there are election that are won or lost by a handful of votes, don't we want the election process to be a bulletproof as possible? Bush won Florida by 537 votes, an amount that some may call an "statically insignificant number".

Many have posted that the constitution doesn't mention an ID requirement for voting. The constitution is mute on how voting occurs. Given that the time of ratification that traveling to the US from abroad was dangerous, time consuming and expensive; and there were few reason to come to the US that didn't involve working and building the community I don't believe it was an issue they would have foresaw. Had they know that people would travel in mass to the US and that travel would only take hours, I suspect they would have added more details on becoming a citizen and voting methods.

Simply put, if someone is capable of getting a driver licences, signing up for welfare, medicare, Obamacare or other program they are capable of getting an ID. Sorry, but getting an ID is about as much of a burden as turning off the TV and going to the pooling both.
How come signing under penalty of perjury was ok until about 10 years ago? How come only Republican states are asking for Id? Why not provide the ID once when you register and then sign under penalty of perjury like has been done for 100 or more years?? Now if I decide to let my drivers license expire and ride the bus or live in the sticks I have to drive 40 miles for ID? Thank you Tea Party...you guys should go back to where you came from....under a rock I think...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies