Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 05:11 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoke View Post
Educate yourself on the subject.
I am educated. She apologized for the picture in 2012, not 30 years ago. She did not apologize for the visit. Her only regret is that she didn't get to **** Che Guevara. Her words, not mine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2014, 05:12 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,225,470 times
They have something in common, both traitors.

Old 01-22-2014, 05:15 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,639,216 times
When you are a traitor to your country, apologizes and time don't ease the fact you chose to side with communists over Americans.
I can see why moose mama loves jane, as her husband is also a communist and will be hated for ever for what he is doing to America..

Old 01-22-2014, 05:31 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
People mag asked who she would someday want to look and live like.

This was not a "look back"!

BTW, my husband fought in Vietnam Nam and thought she looked better than Bob Hope.

Folks on the home front did not welcome the troops back home. Jane was mild compared to the general public who had a nasty habit of spitting on a man in uniform.

Families with the means tended to make sure their draft age sons went to college and grad school to avoid the draft. When all else failed there was Canada or maybe a mission in Paris.

Last edited by middle-aged mom; 01-22-2014 at 06:07 PM..

Old 01-22-2014, 05:41 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,317,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
When you are a traitor to your country, apologizes and time don't ease the fact you chose to side with communists over Americans.
I can see why moose mama loves jane, as her husband is also a communist and will be hated for ever for what he is doing to America..
Sarah Palin loves Hanoi Jane? Where did you read that? I had no idea!

Old 01-22-2014, 05:44 PM

878 posts, read 737,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post

BTW, my husband fought in Vietnam Nam and thought she looked better than Bob Hope.

The way I see it is that Jane could have gone over to Vietnam and showed support for her country by doing USO shows with Bob Hope. Raquel Welch, Connie Stevens did and plenty others. Instead she chose to go to the North Vietnamese and do propaganda work for them. Fonda made ten radio broadcasts for them in which she denounced American political and military leaders as "war criminals". When cases of torture began to emerge among POWs returning to the United States, Fonda called the returning POWs "hypocrites and liars". Fonda said the POWs were "military careerists and professional killers" who are "trying to make themselves look self-righteous, but they are war criminals according to the law".

Old 01-22-2014, 05:53 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoke View Post
Didn't she explain and apologise for the accidental picture almost 30 years ago?
'accidental'?
Ai-yi-yi

Old 01-22-2014, 06:38 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
People mag asked who she would someday want to look and live like.

This was not a "look back"!

Folks on the home front did not welcome the troops back home. Jane was mild compared to the general public who had a nasty habit of spitting on a man in uniform.

Families with the means tended to make sure their draft age sons went to college and grad school to avoid the draft. When all else failed there was Canada or maybe a mission in Paris.
Reps to you.

Whether your husband went willingly or not, he was more courageous than all those who found ways to get out of serving in Viet Nam, but now pretend they are brave patriots. Jane Fonda stood up for what she believed at the time, mistake or not. I have not heard anyone else say they made a mistake in their beliefs, including the chicken hawks who sought any deferment they could get.

Who served?

Old 01-22-2014, 06:42 PM

39,073 posts, read 51,199,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
The majority of Vietnam Vets in America will know exactly what kind of person Michelle O is after hearing that.
Not this one. Fonda was right. People like her who resisted the war shortened the war and spared more lives and more cost. If people had stood up to the Bush wars in the middle east in the same way, hundreds of thousands would still be alive today who died for NOTHING, just like the Viet era ones did.

Old 01-22-2014, 06:44 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,317,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Reps to you.

Whether your husband went willingly or not, he was more courageous than all those who found ways to get out of serving in Viet Nam, but now pretend they are brave patriots. Jane Fonda stood up for what she believed at the time, mistake or not. I have not heard anyone else say they made a mistake in their beliefs, including the chicken hawks who sought any deferment they could get.

Who served?
Like Romney. He was busy living in a mansion in France, with chandeliers and houseboys. He was saving souls. Yeah, that's it...saving souls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies