Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 09:51 PM
LM1

833 posts, read 998,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing12 View Post

And that is BS about criminals stealing them from honest gun owning citizens, I guarantee 99% of these illegal guns are being sold from legal gun owners
Quote:
and I dont know the stats, but I am sure there are thousands perhaps millions of unnaccounted non-registered guns, and the amount of those guns that are stolen from legal gun owners is probably less then 1%

I guarantee that you're 100% wrong.
And just for future reference- to make getting through life a little easier on ya... If you're going to enter a debate, discussion or dialog, never, ever make up pretend statistics or make bold assumptions when you really don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Ya see, when you do that, you become a very real statistic- a 100% jackass.
Like, everything you just said there is "laugh out loud" wrong. Not 'maybe a matter of opinion' wrong- totally, absolutely, matter of fact incorrect.

Old 11-27-2007, 09:52 PM

29 posts, read 121,006 times
It would take me months to educate you on how the BATFandE works to inspect, inventory, and insure compliance with the laws. My state is not the only state that has gun laws of this nature; there is a procedure to be followed such as identification, the buyer must fill out a federal form, and his background is checked prior to delivery of the weapon.
As for your lack of knowledge of the statistics, I agree. The Department of Justice, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives has a tracing center in West Virginia. If a gun is being sought, they will fax an information sheet to the original dealer to find out when and to whom the gun was sold and commence their investigation from there. Unless you hold a Federal Firearms License or work in the trade, there is much that is not apparent to the general public, especially in the area of accountability. I'm pointing this out to you to assist in your education so that you may come to accept the fact that criminals do not commit crimes using legally-owned guns. For example, today, here, in Jacksonville, a pawnshop was robbed of 16 guns. They were legally owned by the shop but now they are on the street. The BATF & E called the shop I work in to inform us of this incident as it happened in the same part of the city.
Again, unless you work in this area, you don't realize what is involved. There are a lot of governmental controls---city, state, and federal, and laws and regulations that must be complied with, both to sell and to buy, firearms. It all comes down to responsibility and accountability.
My point is, do some homework before you enter into such a discussion; bring facts, not assumptions.

Old 11-27-2007, 09:56 PM
LM1

Post Deleted-

Last edited by LM1; 11-27-2007 at 10:05 PM..

Old 11-27-2007, 10:03 PM

I don't disagree; I'm only stressing the point to Nothing12 that there are many rules and regs that are already in place nad that criminals DO steal guns to commit crimes with.

What is arfkom?

Old 11-27-2007, 10:06 PM
LM1

Quote:
Originally Posted by badkarma View Post
I don't disagree; I'm only stressing the point to Nothing12 that there are many rules and regs that are already in place nad that criminals DO steal guns to commit crimes with.
Yeah, I agree 100%.

Old 11-27-2007, 10:10 PM

397 posts, read 264,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LM1 View Post
I guarantee that you're 100% wrong.
And just for future reference- to make getting through life a little easier on ya... If you're going to enter a debate, discussion or dialog, never, ever make up pretend statistics or make bold assumptions when you really don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Ya see, when you do that, you become a very real statistic- a 100% jackass.
Like, everything you just said there is "laugh out loud" wrong. Not 'maybe a matter of opinion' wrong- totally, absolutely, matter of fact incorrect.

ok genius, what are the stats? How do criminals get guns?

Old 11-27-2007, 10:18 PM

They steal them, trade them for dope, sell the stolen guns, steal them from other bad guys, any way EXCEPT obtain them legally because a criminal, read convicted felon, cannot OWN a gun, much less legally purchase one. That is federal law. A person convicted of any domestic violence cannot legally purchase a gun. It is a federal crime to purchase a gun for someone that cannot purchase one for themselves. These crimes will show up in the background investigation.

Old 11-27-2007, 10:27 PM

2,935 posts, read 6,716,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badkarma View Post
They steal them, trade them for dope, sell the stolen guns, steal them from other bad guys, any way EXCEPT obtain them legally because a criminal, read convicted felon, cannot OWN a gun, much less legally purchase one. That is federal law. A person convicted of any domestic violence cannot legally purchase a gun. It is a federal crime to purchase a gun for someone that cannot purchase one for themselves. These crimes will show up in the background investigation.
Wait a minute... drugs are illegal. How could they trade them for illegal drugs... illegal drugs don't exist seeing how they're illegal.

Old 11-27-2007, 10:30 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
when the good guys have guns it makes the job of the bad guys much much more difficult.

Old 11-27-2007, 10:43 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
The problem with nothing 12 is that of a complete lack of knowledge. Most legal gun owners take pride in their fire arms, buy them for a purpose. That purpose is the joy of target shooting, hunting and home defence. We don't buy them to sell illegally. Imagine the risk, it would destroy your life if you were caught.
But then Nothing 12 also thinks that no republican has ever been anything but rich, and has never had to break their backs to make a living.
LOL even though the majority of small farmers are republicans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies