Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2014, 01:53 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,457,152 times

Advertisements

Arpaio is a sick sadistic bastard. Prisoners are locked up, demoralized, have little to do, are going crazy, and Arpaio taunts them by hanging a piece of cloth in their tiny cell and telling them they can't touch it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2014, 01:54 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,994,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Arpaio is a sick sadistic bastard. Prisoners are locked up, demoralized, have little to do, are going crazy, and Arpaio taunts them by hanging a piece of cloth in their tiny cell and telling them they can't touch it.
Oh hey maybe just let the poor prisoners go home so they have something to do (committing crimes) so they don't go crazy. What are you nuts?

Old 01-25-2014, 01:57 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,656,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
You are a convict you lose your rights. Bread and water is fine if they don't want to follow the rules. The reason they are in jail in the first place is they didn't want to follow the rules and now they double down like idiots. 18th century in prison is fine by me.
That's what I've tried to explain Chief. The Maracopa county jail is just a local hoosgow for temporarily detained individuals. You Making a connection to the Gitmo detainees just shows how off base you are. A large portion of them have not even been found guilty of a crime yet. These are the small timers. the guy who got drunk and made too much noise at his birthday party. the guy who drove home two points above the limit with that last beer. Those who are convicted of a crime and declared "Real" criminals are sent to a privately run state prison of which we here in Arizona have many and Sheriff Joe would need a visitor's pass just to get in the front door of one. Most people in Arizona consider him a nobody. the rest consider him a crazy-assed right wing moonbat.

He's like a truancy officer wanting to tie the junior high kids who skipped school on Friday to a stake for 24 hours to "teach them a lesson". Then people say, "Boy he's tough on kids and will teach them a lesson". As long as it's not their kid.

He's a nobody. He's just a hick town local sheriff with a tent city jail to run for temporary, minor offenders. I live here for crying out loud, he's nothing substantial like you outsiders try to portray him.

Old 01-25-2014, 02:00 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,210,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
WWWWAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!

He doesn't coddle convicts like liberals do.

Besides, how do you know what goes on in there; unless you were an unwilling guest? So what did you do to get locked up. I bet you had marijuana on you.

Old 01-25-2014, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
That's what I've tried to explain Chief. The Maracopa county jail is just a local hoosgow for temporarily detained individuals. You Making a connection to the Gitmo detainees just shows how off base you are. A large portion of them have not even been found guilty of a crime yet. These are the small timers. the guy who got drunk and made too much noise at his birthday party. the guy who drove home two points above the limit with that last beer. Those who are convicted of a crime and declared "Real" criminals are sent to a privately run state prison of which we here in Arizona have many and Sheriff Joe would need a visitor's pass just to get in the front door of one. Most people in Arizona consider him a nobody. the rest consider him a crazy-assed right wing moonbat.

He's like a truancy officer wanting to tie the junior high kids who skipped school on Friday to a stake for 24 hours to "teach them a lesson". Then people say, "Boy he's tough on kids and will teach them a lesson". As long as it's not their kid.

He's a nobody. He's just a hick town local sheriff with a tent city jail to run for temporary, minor offenders. I live here for crying out loud, he's nothing substantial like you outsiders try to portray him.
And he is very effective. So I guess all those that keep reelecting him must be moonbats too, right?

Old 01-25-2014, 02:01 PM

Quote:
That's what I've tried to explain Chief. The Maracopa county jail is just a local hoosgow for temporarily detained individuals. A large portion of them have not even been found guilty of a crime yet. These are the small timers. the guy who got drunk and made too much noise at his birthday party. the guy who drove home two points above the limit with that last beer. Those who are convicted of a crime and declared "Real" criminals are sent to a privately run state prison of which we here in Arizona have many and Sheriff Joe would need a visitor's pass just to get in the front door of one. Most people in Arizona consider him a nobody. the rest consider him a crazy-assed right wing moonbat.

So all those poor souls are just victims of the evil Joe? Is that what your saying? LOL Maybe their parents should have put em in time out back in the day?? Now old Joe has to do it.

Now the criminals are the victims in your eyes I guess. You get detained you follow rules. You didn't follow the rules in the first place and that is why you are detained. Why you feel sorry for them I don't know. It is the liberal rule of the criminal is the victim I guess. Just like gitmo like I said earlier. They were all innocent in the minds of liberals. Then when some got let out and went back to kill our guys it all went away. Now why isn't gitmo closed? Oh never mind different thread to bark on...........

Old 01-25-2014, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
They have limited rights, not no rights.

Cornell Law
Minimum standard of living and they get more than that usually.........unless they push the limit then they get bread and water which is a minimum standard of living. What is your beef?? Take em into your home if your so gdam worried about these criminals.

Old 01-25-2014, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
WWWWAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!

He doesn't coddle convicts like liberals do.

Besides, how do you know what goes on in there; unless you were an unwilling guest? So what did you do to get locked up. I bet you had marijuana on you.
You people just don't read, do you.

These people are not convicts and you trying to portray them as such is dishonest or ignorant at best. Many in Arpaio's jail haven't even been convicted of any crime yet and the rest are there for minor infractions or offenses. those who are real convicts and criminals are transferred to the Lewis prison or another state prison facility that Sheriff Joe has absolutely nothing to do with.

Last edited by mohawkx; 01-25-2014 at 02:26 PM..

Old 01-25-2014, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
So all those poor souls are just victims of the evil Joe? Is that what your saying? LOL Maybe their parents should have put em in time out back in the day?? Now old Joe has to do it.

Now the criminals are the victims in your eyes I guess. You get detained you follow rules. You didn't follow the rules in the first place and that is why you are detained. Why you feel sorry for them I don't know. It is the liberal rule of the criminal is the victim I guess. Just like gitmo like I said earlier. They were all innocent in the minds of liberals. Then when some got let out and went back to kill our guys it all went away. Now why isn't gitmo closed? Oh never mind different thread to bark on...........
I never said they shouldn't be incarcerated or pay for their crimes. I never claimed they are just victims.

What I claim is that they are not the hardened criminals you and others in this thread try to portray. Sheriff Joe is not allowed to even deal with hardened criminals in this state. that is left up to the real law enforcement professionals. He only gets to temporarily detain those awaiting trial or those who committed very small crimes.

don't you guy's have any idea what the function of a local county jail is?

As usual, you try to distort, misrepresent and foster downright falsehoods in an attempt to flog your warped agenda.

Sheriff Joe is a minor government functionary in the governing of the state of Arizona. He's just a small time local county sheriff who'd screw a poodle in public if he thought it would get him some media coverage. Birther crap is a perfect example. It's easy to appear tough on crime when you're dealing with small time violators. You just bully the crap out of them. You put some real criminals , guys that are doing 20 to life in state pen, in one of his ****-ant tent cities or county jails and they would tear the place apart and him along with it. The riot would be Epic and rival Attica and he'd be out on his ass the next day looking for a job. Do any of you think that feeding the prisoners bread and water would change anything? Only thing it did was to get Sheriff Joe some more national media coverage.

While he's feeding the prisoners bread and water, he's feeding the rest of the nation pure,meaningless, bull$#!t.

Old 01-25-2014, 02:38 PM

Quote:
You people just don't read, do you.

These people are not convicts and you trying to portray them as such is dishonest or ignorant at best. Many in Arpaio's jail haven't even been convicted of any crime yet and the rest are there for minor infractions or offenses. those who are real convicts and criminals are transferred to the Lewis prison or another state prison facility that Sheriff Joe has absolutely nothing to do with.
So? They did something to get locked up. Jails have rules, break them suffer the consequences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies