U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 07:52 PM

17,853 posts, read 10,183,117 times

Advertisements

Alan Chambers, the president of Exodus International, (the largest 'ex-gay' 'pray away the gay' group) stated in 2012 that 99.9% of Exodus members had not changed their orientation.

Alan Chambers: 99.9% have not experienced a change in their orientation

In 2013, he closed down Exodus and apologized to gay and lesbian people for all the harm they had caused:
“I am sorry for the pain and hurt that many of you have experienced. I am sorry some of you spent years working through the shame and guilt when your attractions didn’t change. I am sorry we promoted sexual orientation change efforts and reparative theories about sexual orientation that stigmatized parents.

“I am sorry I didn’t stand up to people publicly ‘on my side’ who called you names like sodomite—or worse. I am sorry that I, knowing some of you so well, failed to share publicly that the gay and lesbian people I know were every bit as capable of being amazing parents as the straight people that I know. I am sorry that when I celebrated a person coming to Christ and surrendering their sexuality to Him, I callously celebrated the end of relationships that broke your heart. I am sorry I have communicated that you and your families are less than me and mine.

“More than anything, I am sorry that so many have interpreted this religious rejection by Christians as God’s rejection. I am profoundly sorry that many have walked away from their faith and that some have chosen to end their lives.

Read more... Exodus Int

Last edited by Ceist; 01-24-2014 at 08:06 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2014, 07:54 PM

897 posts, read 471,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
Heterosexuality, religion, are childish !

What's childish is extrapolating that from what Ceist said.

It is a good thing homosexuals are there to help normal and traditional people ( the vast, vast majority of human beings ) to grow out of those childish notions.

In no way does that make you sound like you're 14 years old.

Have some dignity.
I am sensing some resentment caused by the behind kicking you received in the other thread. Being left defenseless, you resort to personal attacks. Talk about being childish.

Old 01-24-2014, 07:55 PM

3,814 posts, read 4,612,435 times
Here are the attacks to this man gay organisations
It now appears his phony “transformation” has moved on to recruiting an innocent victim as a prop to give credence to his lie. My heart truly breaks for poor Rebekah.
Born Again ‘Ex-Gay’ Michael Glatze Marries A Woman | Truth Wins Out

Yet this man Michael Glatze will be continued to be attacked by gay organisations, the organisations he was once allied with.

Old 01-24-2014, 07:55 PM

2,687 posts, read 1,505,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post
I am sensing some resentment caused by the behind kicking you received in the other thread. Being left defenseless, you resort to personal attacks. Talk about being childish.
Yeah, you really showed me with your link to a far right nutty website and then running away.

lol.

Old 01-24-2014, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Heterosexuality, religion, are childish ! It is a good thing homosexuals are there to help normal and traditional people ( the vast, vast majority of human beings ) to grow out of those childish notions.
No, that's not what I said. Believing that 100% of humans are heterosexual and that everyone is 100% male or female is childish and simplistic. Believing it for religious reasons is irrational as well as childish.

Old 01-24-2014, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
Yeah, you really showed me with your link to a far right nutty website and then running away.
lol.
I provided you with the video of the documentary that deconstructs your views in such a fashion that all of Scandinavia stopped the gender theory nonsense. But you know that already. I'll just ignore you and your lesbian friend.

Old 01-24-2014, 08:00 PM

21,372 posts, read 13,693,511 times
Quote:
See. What did I say earlier.

Believing in God, getting married to someone of the opposite gender, insisting that men are men and women are women, all kind of crazy stuff.
It's a lot more "crazy" to give a damn one way or the other about a complete stanger's sex life and personal life choices. Also, are you so unaware that you believe that there are no gays that hold religious beliefs and believe in God?

BTW...Men are men and women are women even when it comes to gay folks. Most gays do not deny their gender and are merely living their life while being true to their sexual and social preferences.

Old 01-24-2014, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
A former activist in the gay rights movement who left homosexuality for a relationship with God in 2007 has drawn the ire of homosexual activists after marrying a woman on Oct. 26.

In a column for WND, Michael Glatze, who founded Young Gay America and was the editor of the group’s magazine, responded to the criticisms. He said the month of marriage to his wife, Rebekah, has been “the greatest month of [his] life thus far.

[Former Gay Activist Responds to Critics After Marrying a Woman

I am aware there are people out there that were gay but living the straight lifestyle. Yet in cases like this they were usually bisexual. Others around are closeted married to the opposite sex. Do you think this guy is now straight, bisexual or in denial?
Clearly Michael Glatze needs to 'know' himself more (in the Biblical sense )

Old 01-24-2014, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
It's a lot more "crazy" to give a damn one way or the other about a complete stanger's sex life and personal life choices. Also, are you so unaware that you believe that there are no gays that hold religious beliefs and believe in God?

BTW...Men are men and women are women even when it comes to gay folks. Most gays do not deny their gender and are merely living their life while being true to their sexual and social preferences.
You are late to the party. That's why you don't get it.

Old 01-24-2014, 08:18 PM

12,434 posts, read 12,288,214 times
Jeesh, almost as bad as when some high profile Vegan decides to leave the Vegancult and start eating meat......the Veganculters see red and go into attack mode.

Hey, this guy is no longer gay.....good for him!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies