Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2014, 08:10 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
Tonight I wanted to catch up on the national news. I was disappointed. Any legitimate news organization that even MENTIONS Justin Bieber in its nightly half hour news broadcast has NO BUSINESS calling themselves "news". If Bieber had died or maybe killed a few people it would be news.

Another issue was the shooting of Gabby Giffords. It was news worthy for maybe the first two or three days but the so called evening "news" programs used the entire half hour for WEEKS covering every single aspect of the shooting while ignoring other IMPORTANT news stories.

These people wonder why they are losing viewers? They are no longer covering news stories that are relevant and important. They are "story tellers" trying to influence policy and entertain rather than inform.
They have to have something. They're certainly not going to question those running the government, or what took place in Benghazi. They're not going to actually question the politicians running this country into the ground.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2014, 08:12 PM

2,007 posts, read 6,828,546 times
They can't write stories on the dismal economy, negative barrack obamma actions, the democratic slams (lies) on conservatives, obammacare debacle. So they have to dig in the barrel where they find fodder for the rubes of the U.S.

Old 01-27-2014, 09:35 AM

1,174 posts, read 1,585,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
Tonight I wanted to catch up on the national news. I was disappointed. Any legitimate news organization that even MENTIONS Justin Bieber in its nightly half hour news broadcast has NO BUSINESS calling themselves "news". If Bieber had died or maybe killed a few people it would be news.

Another issue was the shooting of Gabby Giffords. It was news worthy for maybe the first two or three days but the so called evening "news" programs used the entire half hour for WEEKS covering every single aspect of the shooting while ignoring other IMPORTANT news stories.

These people wonder why they are losing viewers? They are no longer covering news stories that are relevant and important. They are "story tellers" trying to influence policy and entertain rather than inform.

I think its kind of funny how Al Jazeera now seems more reputable than Fox, CNN, or MSNBC.

The news agency that brought you Baghdad Bob does a better job of reporting the news.

Old 01-27-2014, 07:41 PM

5,125 posts, read 6,123,485 times
The key to sales is give the people what they want.........Bieber, Kardashians, Lohan, Cyrus, they are what a lot of Americans are interested in.........Entertainment tonight is the new news. Sensationalism and opinion have taken the place of the who, what, when, where and why's of news reporting.

I generally have to check several news outlets to clarify the facts and find the real story!

Old 01-27-2014, 07:56 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Yes sad isn't it. It's all to keep you from knowing about the Obama administration scandals and what the Obama and his administration is really doing.

Old 01-27-2014, 11:43 PM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
Just like any politician, the news media knows it as well: Man is ice to truth, fire to falsehoods.

What irks me the most is the news reportage on most crimes: I don't want to know the gory details, I want to know some possible motives for the crime, knowing all too well, when there's a murder there's generally 2 sets of fingerprints on the murder weapon.

No, I don't want hear it, there was seemingly only 1 set of fingerprints on that murder weapon!

A while back in Las Vegas, police officer shoots his wife, also a police officer, as well as their child. Where was the follow-up to this story!!! I beg thee! More details!

I just don't watch televised news anymore, haven't for years! I do read the papers, but that's the only way I want my news delivered to me, not from some wanna-be actor!

Old 02-01-2014, 09:05 PM

2,563 posts, read 3,680,547 times
We stopped having "news" programs a long time ago. Today, it's all just propaganda of some sort. Or maybe, that's not the right word. Garbage?

Old 02-01-2014, 09:56 PM

2,305 posts, read 2,407,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by merv1225 View Post
that's just so wrong.

Old 02-01-2014, 10:03 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
I don't think its anything about decline as much as people now realise what the so called third estate really is. Camelot truth came out then the law suit of Westmoreland showed that its all about political sources and money to be made thru reporting what source promote.

Old 02-02-2014, 10:43 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,932,912 times
It doesn't matter what your flavor of news is... All of the network media is corrupt. They all have an agenda and can no longer be trusted as credible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies