Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2014, 06:04 AM

3,391 posts, read 4,479,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I suppose it is reverse racism when whites oppose illegal immigration and they are called racists for doing so and they in turn defend themselves? Funny how it is deemed racist to be for the rule of law and yet those who defend illegal aliens based on ethnic ties are not?
If the whites opposed to illegal immigration paid equal attention to illegal immigrants from all countries, then I might believe they were interested in upholding the rule of law. But that isn't the case. Virtually 100% of the rhetoric, imagery and overall focus of the anti-illegal immigrant crowd is aimed at Mexicans. That tells me it is really about race, and all this talk about upholding the law just a smokescreen.

Old 01-25-2014, 06:12 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,463,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Charges of racism have been used out of context as political weapons. They have turned the sensitivity so high they alienate pretty much anyone not aligned with their political aganeda. With that zero tolerance only political opposition can be charged and dem offenses ignored.

The most important reasoin is to defend the progress made in race relations from the Dems and liberals who have taken advantage of the people they pretend to defend.

Prior to the 2008 election it was discovered a group of mainstream journalists advocated the use of charging racism to obama's opponents. Even legislators and promninent entertainers and media have stated opposition to obama is racist. This clearly demonstrates the abuse of reckless disregard of racial concerns by the Dems.
Can you tell us more about this group of journalists you speak of? Who were these journalists and when and where was this meeting held?

Old 01-25-2014, 06:14 AM

62,859 posts, read 29,092,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
If the whites opposed to illegal immigration paid equal attention to illegal immigrants from all countries, then I might believe they were interested in upholding the rule of law. But that isn't the case. Virtually 100% of the rhetoric, imagery and overall focus of the anti-illegal immigrant crowd is aimed at Mexicans. That tells me it is really about race, and all this talk about upholding the law just a smokescreen.
Oh geez, not this lame argument again. Mexicans are here overwhelmingly in the largest numbers illegally and most of the rest are from Latino countries. That is the only reason that the focus is on them. That doesn't mean that those of us who oppose illegal immigration are ok with the rest of them but what else would your side do if you couldn't claim that our objections are race based? Illegal immigration no matter where it is from is bad for our country and it is against the law why does your side not concentrate on that fact rather than pulling the race card instead?

Tell me what group are the most vocal in their demands for amnesty also? I rest my case.

Old 01-25-2014, 06:17 AM

1,735 posts, read 1,768,809 times
Quote:
Oh geez, not this lame argument again. Mexicans are here overwhelmingly in the largest numbers illegally and most of the rest are from Latino countries. That is the only reason that the focus is on them. That doesn't mean that those of us who oppose illegal immigration are ok with the rest of them but what else would your side do if you couldn't claim that our objections are race based? Illegal immigration no matter where it is from is bad for our country and it is against the law why does your side not concentrate on that fact rather than pulling the race card instead?

Tell me what group are the most vocal in their demands for amnesty also? I rest my case.
+1

Good post.

Old 01-25-2014, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Oh geez, not this lame argument again. Mexicans are here overwhelmingly in the largest numbers illegally and most of the rest are from Latino countries. That is the only reason that the focus is on them.
But it is more than that.

You never hear the anti-illegal immigration crowd complain about the fact Poles speak Polish, or Russian speak Russian, or that Greeks speak Greek. They never complain that bars in Polish neighborhoods have signs saying "zimne piwo" (cold beer) in their windows. They never complain about the Russian writing in the windows of Russian bookstores. They never even complain about the existence of weekend Greek schools, which exist to make sure Greek-American kids don't forget their parents' language and culture. Yet, they constantly complain about people speaking Spanish in public, about stores with Spanish signs in their windows, about biligual education programs in schools, etc. Come on. Let's stop pretending.

Old 01-25-2014, 06:31 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,662,632 times
Every time some fool calls me a racist, I become a little more racist.

I despised 0bama's policies from the beginning, but couldn't have cared less that he was black. After all, he was clean and articulate, lol. But then the racist crap began and the more I listened, the more disgusting it became.

Be very careful what you call someone. You just might give that person a reason to become what you're accusing them of being. The strides toward equality have been slapped down by accusation and entitlement. An extremely divisive president has made minorities, blacks in particular, think it's OK to be racist themselves, and in doing so, they're harming themselves and their proclaimed causes. They have nobody to blame but themselves.

If you want to be treated equally, act equal. Stop slobbering and pouting about inequities that never happened to you and nobody alive today inflicted upon you. Stop acting like slavery and sitting at the back of the bus happened yesterday.

Old 01-25-2014, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Be very careful what you call someone. You just might give that person a reason to become what you're accusing them of being.
So basically, when people call out racism, they are creating racism?

Old 01-25-2014, 06:39 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,067,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Notice that when a racist remark is made many conservatives tend to defend and justify the remark, usually be deflecting (" so and so made a racist remark), as if that makes it ok.

The rare times they condemn a racist remark is when it's made by a liberal, otherwise they tend to justify it.
Why? Because you and the left consider everything racist....it does not matter....when backed by facts, you and the left will call people racist....why? Because you have lost the argument...

Old 01-25-2014, 06:43 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,662,632 times
Quote:
So basically, when people call out racism, they are creating racism?
In today's climate, yes. 90% of what you perceive to be racist is simple preference. It's one thing to teach history, but, since you didn't seem to understand it the first time I said it, let me say it again: Stop acting like slavery and sitting at the back of the bus happened yesterday.

Look forward instead of constantly dwelling on the past. Or is that hopey/changey crap not working for you? Put another way, if it's not working the way you wish, maybe it's you.

Old 01-25-2014, 06:50 AM

1,735 posts, read 1,768,809 times
Quote:
But it is more than that.

You never hear the anti-illegal immigration crowd complain about the fact Poles speak Polish, or Russian speak Russian, or that Greeks speak Greek. They never complain that bars in Polish neighborhoods have signs saying "zimne piwo" (cold beer) in their windows. They never complain about the Russian writing in the windows of Russian bookstores. They never even complain about the existence of weekend Greek schools, which exist to make sure Greek-American kids don't forget their parents' language and culture. Yet, they constantly complain about people speaking Spanish in public, about stores with Spanish signs in their windows, about biligual education programs in schools, etc. Come on. Let's stop pretending.
Because they aren't commonly spoken languages in this country? And where is your source to all this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.