Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2014, 03:25 PM

2,234 posts, read 1,759,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud2beAMom View Post
It's called living in a society.. where we help each other out when times are tough so that they can get out of trouble .......

Or I suppose you would just be okay with those that fall on hard times being left to starve and living in a cardboad box, rather than provide a net that allows them to have a roof over their head while they at least try to climb out of it.

Oh.. and you competely ignore the fact that the poor in his country are actually WORKING poor.. in which companies that make millinos, if not billions, refuse to pay a wage that pays them enough to pay for their needs without having to have the government subsidize it..

No, I would expect those who decide to have sex and have children be able to take care of them. I have no problem with there being a "net" to help people get out of a rough spot, but the reality is that people putting themselves into a position and/or gamble because they know that the "net" will be there. My problem also is that millions are stuck in the "net" longer than they should be. The problem is that it's more like a prison than a net...

Yes, I know that many poor are working poor, but also, that's the fault of many of the poor. If many of them only had to support themselves instead of themselves and other children, then they'd be better off. If some of them got a better education before having children, then they'd be in a better potions to climb out of the net. I do not care how you try to spin it, but there's NO excuse for it. Don't sit her and try to tell me that most, half, or all of these women were doing well and made all the right decisions, but just happened to "fall on hard times."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2014, 03:27 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times
Quote:
I suppose then you have some magic crystal ball that lets you see the future and plan for EVERY possible scenario.. LOL...

Have you ever head of condoms breaking or birth control failing.. I have.

Planend Parenthood does far more than abortions and they count for about 3% ofwhat they provided in Year 2013 of what Planned Parenthood actually does. AND those abortions are NOT provided for free with taxpayer money....
...not to mention someone getting sick after losing their job.
Clearly, people shouldn't do anything unless they have half a million in the bank as a nest egg.
I think that means only rich people should procreate.

Old 01-25-2014, 03:28 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
Quote:
It's called living in a society.. where we help each other out when times are tough so that they can get out of trouble .......

Or I suppose you would just be okay with those that fall on hard times being left to starve and living in a cardboad box, rather than provide a net that allows them to have a roof over their head while they at least try to climb out of it.

Oh.. and you competely ignore the fact that the poor in his country are actually WORKING poor.. in which companies that make millinos, if not billions, refuse to pay a wage that pays them enough to pay for their needs without having to have the government subsidize it..
That they are making millions is none of your business. They do not have to pay anybody a "livable" wage. You, however, can refuse to work for a particular wage or find a different job. They don't owe you anything and you don't owe them either.

577 posts, read 435,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I am pro choice and have no issue with free/low cost birth control for everyone.

That's good.. I am happy to hear that. Sadly, many that oppose welfare also oppose both those things, which makes no sense to me.

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
You must live in a magic bubble where when someone I do not know falls on hard times, its everyone else's responsibility to pick up the slack.
You're the one who lives in a magic bubble, where nothing ever goes wrong.

Last edited by weltschmerz; 01-25-2014 at 04:11 PM..

Old 01-25-2014, 03:29 PM

Quote:
So are you suggesting that all women shouldn't have sex.. and for that matter.. all men shouldn't have sex..

ROTFL..

yeah.. oooookaay... good luck with that. Look how well "abstinence only " worked for Bristol Palin.

we are human beings with biological urges to have sex. Fortuantely, we have science that has allowed us to create birth control so that pregnancy doesn't have to be a consequence most of the time , of sex.

But if you think that anyone not making a certain incme is suddenly going to be able to abstain and will obstain from sex.. you're kidding yourself. Telling them they should and not giving them access to birth control is a diasaster...

Poverty actually INCREASES the chances of having more and more children. Just look at third world nations that do not have a form or system in place to help those that are poor from procreating..
Talking about reading comprehension problems... I'm saying that people should know that having sex may result in a baby there for they should also be prepared to face the consequences instead of expecting everyone else to foot the bill. You think it's perfectly fine to sleep around, have a child, and then for the community to be forced to pay for said child...

Old 01-25-2014, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
...not to mention someone getting sick after losing their job.
Clearly, people shouldn't do anything unless they have half a million in the bank as a nest egg.
I think that means only rich people should procreate.
Nobody says you can't have children. However, I do need to ask who is responsible for raising your children? You or the government?

I am waiting for your answer.

Old 01-25-2014, 03:30 PM

577 posts, read 435,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
Talking about reading comprehension problems... I'm saying that people should know that having sex may result in a baby there for they should also be prepared to face the consequences instead of expecting everyone else to foot the bill. You think it's perfectly fine to sleep around, have a child, and then for the community to be forced to pay for said child...

No.. YOU have a reading comprehension issue.. nowhere did I say that.. perhaps you need to go back and actually read and re-read my posts.....

or you're just seeing what you WANT me to say so that you have something to argue about with me.. because it's easier to vilify me if I did say that.... which I didn't..

Old 01-25-2014, 03:30 PM

Quote:
You're the one who lives in a mgic bubble, where nothing ever goes wrong.
No, I live in reality where when something goes wrong, I do not think it's weltschmerz responsibility to fix it for me.

Old 01-25-2014, 03:31 PM

Quote:
You're the one who lives in a mgic bubble, where nothing ever goes wrong.
Things do go wrong. However, knowingly having sex and then getting pregnant is NOT "things go wrong."

Getting sick because of drinking or doing drugs is not "things go wrong." Drunk driving is not, doing crimes is not, getting fired because of not showing up on time is not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies