Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2014, 07:28 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,942,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
Silly wabbit.......

The government is criminalizing any and everything they possibly can.

Even as the door 'clanks' behind you, you'll praise the jackboot on your neck.

Sad.
How apropos you quote a cartoon character...I don't deal in fear and fantasy. The law is in place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2014, 07:32 AM

45,223 posts, read 26,437,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
How apropos you quote a cartoon character...I don't deal in fear and fantasy. The law is in place
You would have loved defending slavery with such deep convictions lol

Old 01-26-2014, 08:08 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,730,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
He was not arrested for having one empty shotgun shell, as many of you keep asserting in the thread.

His ex-wife filed a complaint against him, alleging he possessed guns, so the DC got a search warrant. The first search turned up the shotgun shell, which was live but described as inoperable by Witaschek, a spent .270 casing, and a box of Knight bullets for antique muzzle loading rifles. They did not arrest him on the spot for this.

Spent shells and casings count as ammunition under DC law, according to the media report.

Police returned to his house a second time, he let them in, and they found a box of Winchester .40 caliber ammo.

A warrant was made for his arrest in August and he voluntarily went to the station to comply with it. The search had taken place in either June or July (the same Times and Examiner report has both months mentioned, in error. It writes the first search was July 7, but then the article mentions a search of his sisters's home "two weeks after the June raid". Great reporting!)

All depictions of how the raid was conducted are from the viewpoint of the family members in the house.

I find it odd that a newspaper that thinks of itself as a serious one would write "The District of Columbia police search was the result of Witaschek's estranged wife tattle-telling to the authorities". Seriously? Tattle-telling? Not "informing". Nope, no rightwing media bias there!
it sounds like there is more to this story than Fox News is telling us about.

Old 01-26-2014, 08:17 AM

2,801 posts, read 2,309,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
it sounds like there is more to this story than Fox News is telling us about.
Another case where the words of the late Paul Harvey echo .. and now ... THE REST OF THE STORY ....

Old 01-26-2014, 08:21 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,669,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
This took place in 2012, it was all over the news when it took place. Are you really claiming this didn't happen?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Watch the video.

It is a current interview.

The next hearing is in February.
I'm seriously laughing at those who think since they didn't see it within the last 5 minutes, it didn't happen.

It's one of those silly liberal things.

Old 01-26-2014, 08:43 AM

23,862 posts, read 24,108,334 times
Quote:
if you can't do the time, don't do the crime.
I'm sure that would be your exact response if someone were arrested and prosecuted for protesting without a permit.

Right?

Old 01-26-2014, 08:50 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,386,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
If you read the link posted by Harrier, and written by Emily Miller, it is horrific. They banged on his door, and his 14 year old daughter let in 30 officers in "full tactical gear." They pointed guns at the heads of Witaschek and his girlfriend, and handcuffed them, face-down on the floor. His 16 yr-old son was in the shower; these gestapo perverts broke down the bathroom door, and pulled the boy out of the shower naked. They tossed the house, causing an estimated 10,000 in damage. They shut down the street for 'blocks' inconveniencing a whole neighborhood of people for nothing.

They found 1 box of .40 cal ammunition and the misfired (inoperable) shotgun cartridge, both illegal under DC law, an unconstitution law IMO. The piece ends by noting that last year NBC talking head David Gregory violated DC law by being in possession of a 30 round magazine. The DC prosecutor declined to prosecute him, saying that it "would not promote public safety."
The law is stupid, yes.

However, the right to bear arms does not cover owning ammunition without those guns. Again I say, I think this law is stupid.

But, this is a local law. A state could pass the same law. I'm a states rights guy. There are plenty of laws I find ridiculous from other states, and other territories. This is really for the people of DC to decide, just like countless other issues.

What I find more heinous is the continued bullying and abuse of power by police, who will kick in your door for a false premise, and will find any excuse to send you to jail.

Old 01-26-2014, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
You would have loved defending slavery with such deep convictions lol
Since I was not alive durring slavery, to speculate on my actions is idiocy.

Old 01-26-2014, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
I'm sure that would be your exact response if someone were arrested and prosecuted for protesting without a permit.

Right?
When Doctor King and the civil rights marchers were arrested and convicted of crimes, they knew the reason. I know the reason. Do you know the reason?

Old 01-26-2014, 09:50 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,183,047 times
Quote:
if you can't do the time, don't do the crime.
Pass enough laws and we'll all be criminals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies