Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2014, 06:42 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
For me it is the fact Jose does a great job with my lawn.

Working construction trades since college and a stint in the Coast Guard, Jose and Julio are not just cutting lawns anymore.

They have pushed me from every construction trade I have been involved with. Now, as an inspector and failure investigator, I may have a little job security for awhile.

People in construction, have seen stagnant "going rates" since 1990 and in some places and some trades, the going rates are that of the 1960' & 70's, for the guy actually doing the labor, with his own hands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2014, 06:52 AM

62,941 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsky99 View Post
For UnPatriotic Democrats---Votes

For UnPatriotic Republicans---Cheap labor

The looser----America!
Actually, many Democrat business owners hire illegal aliens also so both parties are being bought by corporate America. It is just that the Democrats are guilty of both. The GOP knows they will never get the majority of the Hispanic vote anyway. They like most minorities typically vote Democrat.

And yes, our citizens aka America are the losers.

Old 01-26-2014, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoke View Post
I'm always trying to keep up with American politics, and from what I've gathered over the years, unpatriotic means people who you disagree with, correct?
No, what it means is thumbing one's nose at our laws. In this case our immigration laws. One's opinion of them is irrelevant. Our laws are what they are on the books and we are all obligated as patriotic Americans to follow them.

Old 01-26-2014, 06:59 AM

2,238 posts, read 1,443,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Working construction trades since college and a stint in the Coast Guard, Jose and Julio are not just cutting lawns anymore.

They have pushed me from every construction trade I have been involved with. Now, as an inspector and failure investigator, I may have a little job security for awhile.

People in construction, have seen stagnant "going rates" since 1990 and in some places and some trades, the going rates are that of the 1960' & 70's, for the guy actually doing the labor, with his own hands.
Don't be silly it's not just julio and jose now it's also xian or chin, the last company I worked with my company was one of 2 maybe 3 trades that were not chinese. ALL the plumbers, hvac, fire sprinkler, carpenters were chinese imported directly off the boat. We ended up having an assistan super who was chinese only because most of the other trades couldn't speak a word of english. If anything the only trade in that place that had all spanish were the laborers and there weren't that many of them to begin with. And failure investigator ?? I thought those were inspectors didn't realize those were two different jobs. I thought you were a primitive living teacher ?

Old 01-26-2014, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
Don't be silly it's not just julio and jose now it's also xian or chin, the last company I worked with my company was one of 2 maybe 3 trades that were not chinese. ALL the plumbers, hvac, fire sprinkler, carpenters were chinese imported directly off the boat. We ended up having an assistan super who was chinese only because most of the other trades couldn't speak a word of english. If anything the only trade in that place that had all spanish were the laborers and there weren't that many of them to begin with. And failure investigator ?? I thought those were inspectors didn't realize those were two different jobs. I thought you were a primitive living teacher ?
And don't you be silly. Yes we have illegals from all over the world here but Mexicans and other Latinos are here by far in the largest numbers illegally. Doesn't matter they all need to be sent back to their homelands either voluntarily or involuntarily. It is devastating to the American worker particularly our blue-collared workforce.

Old 01-26-2014, 07:06 AM

2,238 posts, read 1,443,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
And don't you be silly. Yes we have illegals from all over the world here but Mexicans and other Latinos are here by far in the largest numbers illegally. Doesn't matter they all need to be sent back to their homelands either voluntarily or involuntarily. It is devastating to the American worker particularly our blue-collared workforce.

Actually the amount of illegals coming through mexico has diminished greatly, if anything there are way more chinese as well as people from the Caribbean and parts of Africa here now. But you go on believing what you want, tell me something are you a native american ?? If not what stopped others from telling your ancestors when they got off the boat to go back home your not wanted here. Now you decide to tell others the same thing ? How very hypocritical of you ! One other thing if they are here illegaly than how do you know how many are here ?? Do you look out your window and count all the hispanic people you see ?

Old 01-26-2014, 07:08 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:

I inspect a job before to qualify the jobsite is to specs and ready to proceed and during the installations to see that everything is being installed to specs.
I investigate failures after they happen, to determine the cause, or causes.

The two are very different services, with the latter being the money maker, especially if it goes to litigation.

Old 01-26-2014, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Actually the amount of illegals coming through mexico has diminished greatly, if anything there are way more chinese as well as people from the Caribbean and parts of Africa here now. But you go on believing what you want, tell me something are you a native american ?? If not what stopped others from telling your ancestors when they got off the boat to go back home your not wanted here. Now you decide to tell others the same thing ? How very hypocritical of you ! One other thing if they are here illegaly than how do you know how many are here ?? Do you look out your window and count all the hispanic people you see ?
Really? You have a link to prove your claims, right? Even if that were true there are still more illegals here from Mexico and other Latino countries than there are from anywhere else.

Yes, I am a native American because I was born here. All of our ancestors migrated here from somewhere else including the so-called native Indian's ancestors so just what is your point? They didn't just sprout up out of the ground like corn. I am not telling anyone anything. Our government has said one can't come here without permission by implementing immigration laws. So how am I the hypocrite? Where did I say I know how many illegals are here? I don't automatically think a Hispanic is here illegally when I see them either. So you can stop with the dumb accusations now. You're just another defender of illegal aliens tossing around unwarranted insults and living in the past.

Old 01-26-2014, 07:15 AM

14,682 posts, read 14,645,402 times
There's a forum for this type of nonsensical ranting, I suggest you use it in the future.

Old 01-26-2014, 07:18 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Over 60% of the illegals are from Mexico.
That figure comes from the government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies