Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2014, 07:25 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Thanks for that post. I always do enjoy comedy. Apparently women's only private MEMBERSHIP clubs are A-OK. However, men's only private MEMBERSHIP clubs not so much. Isn't it funny how that works in the warped liberal mindset?

Overheard on CNN.com: Women in Augusta National? How about men in ladies' room? – This Just In - CNN.com Blogs
No one is FORCING Augusta to change their rules. They can choose to change them at any time they want.
Just like Curves could CHOOSE to allow men. Again, if it is a private club they have the option of allowing or denying anyone membership.

Last edited by jjrose; 01-30-2014 at 07:34 AM..

Old 01-30-2014, 07:33 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud2beAMom View Post
And you think this is okay?

News for you.. eventually that discrimination WILL Be illegal.. and the movement is already in full swing and making strides.

IT's NOT okay to be prejudice against ANYONE.. for ANY reason whatsoever. The fact that you are defending it ..well disgusts me...

Yet, I would still serve you regardless of your prejudices and your beliefs.. because you have an EQUAL right to service as anyone else.....

So, you really wish to incite a Holy War here?

History has proven, that to be very destructive to any society.

Old 01-30-2014, 07:36 AM

577 posts, read 435,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
So, you really wish to incite a Holy War here?

History has proven, that to be very destructive to any society.

Holy war?

Where they hell do you get I want Holy war?

Holy war is based on discrimination of a religion that is differnet from yours... Holy war results in prejudice between religions.

I'm simply calling for equal treatment of all people in public places regardless of their religion..

Or would you like our country to turn into the middle east? Because when you start to discriminate and treat another person as less than or not worthy as you based on religious beliefs.. and start opressing.. THAT is when wars in the name of religion come about..

Old 01-30-2014, 07:55 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Holy war?

Where they hell do you get I want Holy war?

Holy war is based on discrimination of a religion that is differnet from yours... Holy war results in prejudice between religions.

I'm simply calling for equal treatment of all people in public places regardless of their religion..

Or would you like our country to turn into the middle east? Because when you start to discriminate and treat another person as less than or not worthy as you based on religious beliefs.. and start opressing.. THAT is when wars in the name of religion come about..

Discrimination is a human trait, that mother nature has embedded in all creatures of the earth. You will never be able to legislate it away. That creates resentment and conflict.
As with mother nature, it must naturally evolve or you get unintended consequences.

Old 01-30-2014, 07:59 AM

20,459 posts, read 12,379,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Bills filed in the South Dakota and Kansas legislatures seek to protect clergy, church officials and businesspeople who refuse to provide services for same-sex marriages or receptions because of their religious beliefs.

The bills would prevent clergy or businesses from being forced to perform or supply goods or services to anything related to same-sex marriages. It could allow a business to refuse to host a reception for a same-sex couple legally married in another state.

The bills also say clergy and businesses could not be sued or charged with crimes if they refused to take part in gay marriages.
that isnt discrimination. That is protection of the first amendment right to religious liberty.

Old 01-30-2014, 08:48 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,772,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30is View Post
Are you saying that states should be forcing businesses to provide a service in the last part?

You've misunderstood by what I meant about people reading the Bible. Not everything in the Bible is appropriate in modern times. However when it comes to family life, most Christians believe a valid marriage would be between a man and a woman as they can both create a child.
But that argument is invalid since 1) Children are not required for marriage and 2) Not all man/woman couples have children.

Quote:
Unlike you I don't want to put people in a tricky situation that doesn't align with their beliefs. It is not a moral way of doing business.
Neither is blanket discrimination on anyone you don't like. Segregation wasn't a very moral time in our history.

Old 01-30-2014, 08:53 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,506,034 times
Quote:
And you think this is okay?

News for you.. eventually that discrimination WILL Be illegal.. and the movement is already in full swing and making strides.

IT's NOT okay to be prejudice against ANYONE.. for ANY reason whatsoever. The fact that you are defending it ..well disgusts me...

Yet, I would still serve you regardless of your prejudices and your beliefs.. because you have an EQUAL right to service as anyone else.....
I'm trying to bring you back to earth. If you think that's defending something and are disgusted, boo-hoo

imo, it's dumb to not pre-judge anyone.

Old 01-30-2014, 09:13 AM

1,735 posts, read 1,769,853 times
In bold:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
But that argument is invalid since 1) Children are not required for marriage and 2) Not all man/woman couples have children.
Technically you are right but as I've mentioned about the Christian faith (or other beliefs regarding family life) this is how they think when it comes to marriage. As with our 1A, that argument is not right or wrong, it is an opinion.
Neither is blanket discrimination on anyone you don't like. Segregation wasn't a very moral time in our history.
This isn't about anyone you don't like. Christians do not see SSM as a valid marriage. I agree that segregation wasn't moral either.

Old 01-30-2014, 09:20 AM

1,735 posts, read 1,769,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
As an individual? Yes.
As a business? No.

When an individual chooses to open a public business, they agree to serve the public. The also agree to follow the laws of the state that they are doing business in. If they can not follow the same laws, that all other businesses have to follow, because of their religious beliefs then they should not open a public business.

A persons personal religious beliefs do not give carte blanche to break the law.
I don't think states should be forcing businesses against their will if they do not feel comfortable about this.

Old 01-30-2014, 09:36 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,450,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
When an individual chooses to open a public business, they agree to serve the public.
An erroneous assumption on your part. There is no law or regulation that requires any business to serve the public. I have been in business for 25 years, and I do not serve the public.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies