Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 08:21 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,253,192 times

Advertisements

I just hope these idiots (Paul, Huckabee, et al) continue flapping their gums for the next two years and ten months.

Old 01-27-2014, 09:15 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,906,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
I just hope these idiots (Paul, Huckabee, et al) continue flapping their gums for the next two years and ten months.
The best you can say about Paul's comments is it shows he has absolutely no idea why women feel Republicans are waging a war against them. Here's a hint, Rand: Look at how Republicans are constantly attacking women's rights.

Old 01-27-2014, 09:36 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I just saw the Paul comments on Morning Joe, and frankly I was shocked at his political stupidity. He explained how females are doing great because his niece is in college with other females and other females are in law school. Huh? He appears to have a massive case of tunnel vision. I am surprised he didn't mention that women have the right to vote as proof of their success. He went on and referred to adult men and women as boys and girls--what's up with that?

Then, to irrelevantly attack Hillary Clinton by bringing up Lewinsky was just over the top, and he was extremely aggressive about it. Calling Bill Clinton, an ex-president with current 70% favorable ratings, 'predatory' and intimating that he is a sex offender is just plain dumb. As was pointed out on Joe--besides time-traveling 20 years, and since Paul appears to be running for president now, he is trying to somehow make Hillary responsible for Bill's actions, which will simply rally more women to Hillary. This guy can only hurt the GOP. When Joe Scarborough says the Republicans still don't get it, and are on their way to losing another election, you know they are doing something wrong.

Hilary has a problem with trying to convince people she isn't routinely and knowingly part of a cover-up campaign or just too stupid to be trusted with public office.

If she didn't know her own husband was lying, why not?

If she did, then why join the pack going after Lewinski?

If she didn't know Benghazi was not caused by a youtube video, why didn't she know?

If she did know the truth, why did she lie?

Regardless of what the real answer is, she's either too stupid or too dishonest to be trusted.

Old 01-27-2014, 10:38 PM

21,468 posts, read 10,572,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Yo, Rand, it's 2014, dude.
Oh, well I can get closer. Remember the treatment of Hillary Clinton in '08? Or the subsequent treatment of Sarah Palin? The Democrats were brutal to both women in my opinion. Hillary had "cankles", was called a racist for ineptly trying to say that all those Civil Rights activists brought the issue to the forefront, but they needed a person in power to affect the change. MLK had a dream, raised the conscience of America, and LBJ got the votes to make it happen. Then, she was stripped of her delegates even though I think I recall her winning more than Obama at one point. Like a good party girl, she bided her time and worked all these years propping up Obama, but she was mistreated during that campaign. (All that doesn't mean I forgive her for her role in the Benghazi mess, which I think was worse than whatever Obama did or didn't do during that incident).

Sarah Palin, while not my favorite person, was severely vilified when she ran for VP. They accused her of having too many kids, being a bad mother for not being home for them, not aborting her child with Down's (who also probably wasn't hers according to some), not forcing her daughter to have an abortion, and even hounded her kids even though Obama's kids were off-limits (and rightfully so). They accused her of being stupid because she didn't go to an Ivy League school, gave her gotcha questions like asking her to specifically name what newspapers and magazines she reads (who's going to know that on the fly, and who wouldn't be a little insulted at that question?), while asking Obama easy ones like "How do you think your mother would have felt seeing you on that stage?".

I get sick of some people thinking that the sole political issue facing women is access to birth control and abortions, or getting more food stamps.

Old 01-27-2014, 10:49 PM

21,468 posts, read 10,572,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I just saw the Paul comments on Morning Joe, and frankly I was shocked at his political stupidity. He explained how females are doing great because his niece is in college with other females and other females are in law school. Huh? He appears to have a massive case of tunnel vision. I am surprised he didn't mention that women have the right to vote as proof of their success. He went on and referred to adult men and women as boys and girls--what's up with that?

Then, to irrelevantly attack Hillary Clinton by bringing up Lewinsky was just over the top, and he was extremely aggressive about it. Calling Bill Clinton, an ex-president with current 70% favorable ratings, 'predatory' and intimating that he is a sex offender is just plain dumb. As was pointed out on Joe--besides time-traveling 20 years, and since Paul appears to be running for president now, he is trying to somehow make Hillary responsible for Bill's actions, which will simply rally more women to Hillary. This guy can only hurt the GOP. When Joe Scarborough says the Republicans still don't get it, and are on their way to losing another election, you know they are doing something wrong.
Are you saying that women aren't doing well? Last I checked, the college campuses are at least 50/50, but in many cases more women than men. Every office I have worked in has plenty of women lawyers making very good money. If there are a lot of women not doing well, it has much more to do with the current trend in our culture that discourages marriage even with babies on the way.

And please, don't give me that crap about women making $.77 for every $1.00 a man makes. I've been in the workforce for a long time, and know exactly why that figure is inaccurate. Women often choose not to work the long hours as men, travel for their jobs as much as men, many of them quit for years to raise children, and definitely take more time off to take care of sick children. It hurts their careers, plain and simple, but they are more willing to sacrifice that for the sake of the children, and in most cases, men are unable to do those things because it's not acceptable or at least frowned upon for them to take time off for those reasons.

Old 01-27-2014, 11:06 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,599,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
In trying to come to the aid of Mike Huckbee's recent comments, Sen Paul reiterates that it is the Democrats that have a problem with women. Sen. Paul climbed into the "Way back Machine" to run over former President Bill Clinton for "predatory behavior".

Monica Lewinsky: Why is Rand Paul talking about her? - CSMonitor.com

Way to go Rand...way to stay current. BTW Senator, a 22 year old woman is not a "girl".

Well, if SOS Hillary Clinton decides to put her hat in the ring, it will come up.

Some republicans will never get over big dog Clinton getting his knob polished by someone other than his wife.

Old 01-27-2014, 11:14 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
RP is right.
RP is a damn fool! Clinton passed the family leave act. Because of Pres. Clinton, I was able to take 12 weeks instead of just 6 weeks maternity leave to take care of my newborn. IMO, that is pro-woman and pro-life.

Old 01-27-2014, 11:21 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Yep. Apparently Paul's platform will be: "pres. Clinton had sex in the white house." and Huckabee will be targeting voters who waited until marriage and then practiced the rhythm method.

Old 01-28-2014, 12:04 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
The best you can say about Paul's comments is it shows he has absolutely no idea why women feel Republicans are waging a war against them. Here's a hint, Rand: Look at how Republicans are constantly attacking women's rights.
I"m a woman and wouldn't want a party treating me like I'm an idiot and dumb like democrats do to women. Weaker women believe there is a war on women.... and men are laughing at them.

Old 01-28-2014, 07:12 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Default Sen. Rand Paul on GOP's "War ON Women"...Nothing To See Here. ::: Invokes Ghost Of Monika Lewinsky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
In trying to come to the aid of Mike Huckbee's recent comments, Sen Paul reiterates that it is the Democrats that have a problem with women. Sen. Paul climbed into the "Way back Machine" to run over former President Bill Clinton for "predatory behavior".

Monica Lewinsky: Why is Rand Paul talking about her? - CSMonitor.com

Way to go Rand...way to stay current. BTW Senator, a 22 year old woman is not a "girl".

Hey, lil' Randy...

Weak sauce, bro...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies