Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 01-27-2014, 10:42 AM
 
Location: Vegas
1,782 posts, read 2,143,095 times
Reputation: 1789

Advertisements

My own personal philosophy is that, in private, people should be allowed to live as they desire without outside interference. And, people should not seek to force their lifestyles upon others. So, I've been trying to follow the various lawsuits seeking to force private businesses to give up their own beliefs in favor of those of others who they disagree with. So, it piqued my interest to come upon the following:
Quote:
These gay activists aren’t looking for justice under the law per se; their goal is the minimization and outright obliteration of any Christian influence within the marketplace. They detest the influence of Christian morals, and have found a means by which they can reduce said influence, under the agreeable guise of “equality”: filing discrimination lawsuits against small business owners. -
Of course, those same activists will instantly rant that this comes from a religious source, The American Catholic. To be honest, I had no idea of the source when I first came across the above quote. But, it does seem to make a most valid point. Especially about store owners who believe in “traditional marriage' donating all profits from sales in such cases to an organization supporting their beliefs – and making it public. Would such activists take it to court? Not as the piece suggests. What an interesting point.

See more at: Gay Thought Police Take Note | The American Catholic


 
Old 01-27-2014, 10:45 AM
 
27,307 posts, read 16,267,946 times
Reputation: 12102
They want special laws for themselves, special favors, and they want the right to get into a slappy fight with anyone that doesn't conform to their ways.
 
Old 01-27-2014, 10:53 AM
 
Location: McKinleyville, California
6,414 posts, read 10,512,348 times
Reputation: 4305
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
They want special laws for themselves, special favors, and they want the right to get into a slappy fight with anyone that doesn't conform to their ways.
You mean the same special favors and rights that straigtht people get? I am sick of religious people thinking that their religions should trump law and that they should be allowed to use their religions to discriminate. Do not want to deal with the public fairly in business, then expect to be subjected to the same laws that every business open to the public has to follow and not make up your own rules. RELIGION IS NOT A LICENSE TO DISCRIMINATE.
 
Old 01-27-2014, 10:54 AM
 
Location: texas
9,127 posts, read 7,960,255 times
Reputation: 2385
Quote:
Originally Posted by sargentodiaz View Post
My own personal philosophy is that, in private, people should be allowed to live as they desire without outside interference. And, people should not seek to force their lifestyles upon others. So, I've been trying to follow the various lawsuits seeking to force private businesses to give up their own beliefs in favor of those of others who they disagree with. So, it piqued my interest to come upon the following:


Of course, those same activists will instantly rant that this comes from a religious source, The American Catholic. To be honest, I had no idea of the source when I first came across the above quote. But, it does seem to make a most valid point. Especially about store owners who believe in “traditional marriage' donating all profits from sales in such cases to an organization supporting their beliefs – and making it public. Would such activists take it to court? Not as the piece suggests. What an interesting point.

See more at: Gay Thought Police Take Note | The American Catholic

As I recall the case in Oregon, the women filed suit in state court...Here did you read "Gay activists" filed suit?
 
Old 01-27-2014, 11:12 AM
 
Location: Long Island (chief in S Farmingdale)
22,218 posts, read 19,526,196 times
Reputation: 5314
Gays are not looking for "special rights" or to force their lifestyles on anyone. They aren't looking to force anyone to be gay. They are simply looking for the same rights and freedoms you and I have.
 
Old 01-27-2014, 11:16 AM
 
4,130 posts, read 4,469,182 times
Reputation: 3046
A good portion of the laws are not in line with Christian morals from the Old Testiment.

We are allowed to clip the sides of our hair and beards
We are allowed to eat shellfish/pork/rare meat
We are allowed to wear clothes of different weaves of fiber
Those that take the Lords name in vain are not stoned to death
Unruley children are not stoned to death
Rapists are not forced to marry their victims
Soldiers cannot force prisoners of war to be their wives

These are all laws in the Old Testiment that they are ignoring when trying to push through their morality on everyone else on Homosexuality. The Bible cannot be Gods word we must follow....except for all those embarrassing bits and things they don't like. If it's part of your own morality, and it doesn't harm anyone else, then you are allowed to do it as part of your own faith. Not make others follow your faith.

If you think gay marriage is immoral, don't get one.

This isn't a news flash for people who have actually read the Bible.

Last edited by EmeraldCityWanderer; 01-27-2014 at 11:28 AM..
 
Old 01-27-2014, 11:32 AM
 
Location: McKinleyville, California
6,414 posts, read 10,512,348 times
Reputation: 4305
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
A good portion of the laws are not in line with Christian morals from the Old Testiment.

We are allowed to clip the sides of our hair and beards
We are allowed to eat shellfish/pork/rare meat
We are allowed to wear clothes of different weaves of fiber
Those that take the Lords name in vain are not stoned to death
Unruley children are not stoned to death
Rapists are not forced to marry their victims
Soldiers cannot force prisoners of war to be their wives

These are all laws in the Old Testiment that they are ignoring when trying to push through their morality on everyone else on Homosexuality. The Bible cannot be Gods word we must follow....except for all those embarrassing bits and things they don't like. If it's part of your own morality, and it doesn't harm anyone else, then you are allowed to do it as part of your own faith. Not make others follow your faith.

If you think gay marriage is immoral, don't get one.

This isn't a news flash for people who have actually read the Bible.
But please do not forget that that bible is not everyones bible, not everyone is christian, nor wants to be. The US is not a christian nation, we are a nation of mixed nationalities and their beliefs and no one is expected upon entering the USA to become christian or adopt the christian bible. The christian bible is no more law than any other bible, it is a guide book upon which one may choose to live their life, but not to be forced on everyone as rule.
 
Old 01-27-2014, 11:34 AM
 
Location: Montreal, Quebec
15,080 posts, read 14,354,978 times
Reputation: 9789
Wells Fargo, American Airlines, JC Penny, General Mills, Kraft Foods, Allstate, Amazon, Apple, Applebee's, Best Buy, Clorox, Coca-Cola, Costco, Delta Airlines, Ford, Gap, General Motors, Gerber Baby Products, Hilton Hotels, Home Depot, IMB, Levi's, Marriott International, McDonald's, Microsoft, Nationwide, Nike, Olive Garden, Pepsico, Proctor and Gamble, Red Lobster, Rite Aid, Sears, Southwest Airlines, Starbucks, State Farm, Target, United Airlines, UPS, Walgreens, Walt Disney Company. and many, many more.
All gay-friendly companies.
You'd be OK if every time you do everything from buying Oreo cookies to having a seafood meal, to buying toilet paper, the above companies donate a portion of their proceeds to gay causes or pro-LGBT candidates?
Bring it on! We can play this game, too.
Soon you won't be able to shop anywhere except for Chick Fil A and Christian bakeries.
I'm fine with that.
 
Old 01-27-2014, 11:37 AM
 
14,292 posts, read 9,700,251 times
Reputation: 4254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Gays are not looking for "special rights" or to force their lifestyles on anyone. They aren't looking to force anyone to be gay. They are simply looking for the same rights and freedoms you and I have.
If gays pushed as hard for civil unions as they do to ram their take over of traditional marriage, they'd have civil marriage laws in all 50 states.
 
Old 01-27-2014, 11:41 AM
 
4,837 posts, read 4,176,366 times
Reputation: 1848
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
If gays pushed as hard for civil unions as they do to ram their take over of traditional marriage, they'd have civil marriage laws in all 50 states.
Too bad, it's not good enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:52 PM.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top