U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-27-2014, 11:19 AM
 
608 posts, read 390,116 times
Reputation: 132

Advertisements

‘Piers Morgan Constitutional Right to Keep and Bear Arms Without Infringement Act’ Filed in Oklahoma | TheBlaze.com


HaHa! He hates it as well...Good for Oklahoma!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-27-2014, 11:23 AM
 
Location: Sonoran Desert
29,352 posts, read 39,768,611 times
Reputation: 18791
I have no issue with the bill, but the "Piers Morgan" business is just childish and unprofessional.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2014, 11:42 AM
 
Location: San Diego, CA
10,582 posts, read 8,284,072 times
Reputation: 4158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I have no issue with the bill, but the "Piers Morgan" business is just childish and unprofessional.
Piers Morgan's business is indeed childish and unprofessional.

Which is why it's a good idea to name this bill after him.

It points out to people exactly why it is necessary for a state to pass a law that does nothing more than restate what the 2nd amendment already says: Because ignorant, irresponsible people like Piers Morgan keep promoting distortions and outright lies about what the effects of law-abiding citizens carrying guns, are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2014, 11:46 AM
 
804 posts, read 515,491 times
Reputation: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Piers Morgan's business is indeed childish and unprofessional.

Which is why it's a good idea to name this bill after him.

It points out to people exactly why it is necessary for a state to pass a law that does nothing more than restate what the 2nd amendment already says: Because ignorant, irresponsible people like Piers Morgan keep promoting distortions and outright lies about what the effects of law-abiding citizens carrying guns, are.

Wow. Piers Morgan ignorant? Ignorant because he has a different opinion than yours?
Remember, he only gets to talk on a global news network while get to post on an anonymous Internet board. Lol


And he's absolutely right about guns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2014, 11:59 AM
 
800 posts, read 645,010 times
Reputation: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Piers Morgan's business is indeed childish and unprofessional.

Which is why it's a good idea to name this bill after him.

It points out to people exactly why it is necessary for a state to pass a law that does nothing more than restate what the 2nd amendment already says: Because ignorant, irresponsible people like Piers Morgan keep promoting distortions and outright lies about what the effects of law-abiding citizens carrying guns, are.
Not really. I don't think he's particularly ignorant either. Heaven forbid someone from another country sees a problem here and speaks his mind about it

Naming the bill after him is petty. He's probably having a good laugh about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2014, 12:01 PM
 
Location: Out in the Badlands
10,425 posts, read 8,784,970 times
Reputation: 7734
Way...to...go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2014, 01:03 PM
 
Location: texas
9,137 posts, read 6,754,367 times
Reputation: 2374
It is a law to undo the laws passed by Oklahoma in the first place. Naming after Piers Morgan makes OK look dumb as dirt.

Quote:
Senate Bill 1473 simply says Oklahomans can carry firearms in all the places currently allowed by law, but they will no longer be required to obtain a license to do so.”

The legislation does not permit gun owners to carry firearms in so-called “gun-free zones,” like school and government facilities.
so their are exceptions to the law... making the claim of "no infringement" bogus and ridiculous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2014, 01:26 PM
 
Location: San Diego, CA
10,582 posts, read 8,284,072 times
Reputation: 4158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
It is a law to undo the laws passed by Oklahoma in the first place. Naming after Piers Morgan makes OK look dumb as dirt.



so their are exceptions to the law... making the claim of "no infringement" bogus and ridiculous.
If you can get 80% of what you wanted, you take it, and pursue the other 20% later.

Sort of like the socialists passing Obamacare, where the govt takes over much of the health insurance industry, instead of the total government takeover of the health insurance industry (aka "single-payer") they actually wanted. They'll be back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2014, 01:33 PM
 
Location: texas
9,137 posts, read 6,754,367 times
Reputation: 2374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
If you can get 80% of what you wanted, you take it, and pursue the other 20% later.

Sort of like the socialists passing Obamacare, where the govt takes over much of the health insurance industry, instead of the total government takeover of the health insurance industry (aka "single-payer") they actually wanted. They'll be back.
Changing state laws created by the state is no gain. Your 80% percentage is arbitrary and meaningless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2014, 01:41 PM
 
Location: M I N N E S O T A
14,800 posts, read 17,718,331 times
Reputation: 9029
He must feel special knowing hes got a bill named after him, wish i had a bill named after me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top