Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 01:28 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,084,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Did they involve a black homeowner killing two other black people on their own property? If so, post and we'll discuss.
They very well may have.... that's my point. You won't hear about it because it cannot have a racial spin to it in the media.

Old 01-28-2014, 01:29 PM

608 posts, read 482,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Bwahahahahahahaha …. every moron in the country thinks he should have a gun and use it to solve problems and impress his friends because of gun control advocates? Bwahahahahahahahahaha ….

Whew! [wipes tears from eyes]
So much for debating me. Thanks for the try at a debate..fun while it lasted. Fact remains we will always have the 2nd amendment and its the one thing you try and take away you will have a rebellion on your hands. Oh and actually every one has a gun because gun grabber nuts have pushed guns to the fore front of society they get blamed instead of the bad people doing bad things...I can go kill someone with a hammer you gonna blame the hammer or me? Logic and common sense are not a gun grabbers friends.

Old 01-28-2014, 01:43 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,942,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
If he lives in a state that allows lethal force in defense of property, then it shouldn't be a problem. He could just argue that he made a mistake. Acting what he believed to be lawfully, against people who he believed to be acting unlawfully, is a strong case to argue against. Making an honest mistake isn't a crime in itself.

Otoh, he could just be a trigger happy nutter.
I believe most states allow deadly force for the defense of one's own property. If someone is breaking into your neighbor's car you have no right to use deadly force. You have the right to confront the person and you have the right to defend yourself. If the person runs away, you have no right to shoot.

Old 01-28-2014, 01:55 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times
Quote:
How do you even know he was deranged? I know that's the popular talking point from the NRA when these things happen, but the fact remains that many gun owners -- including some on this forum -- regard guns as the main solution to problems both real and imagined.

Anyone reading this forum for more than a day or so can see this.
1. I am not a member of the NRA and will never be a member. I'll say that again. I'll never be a member of the NRA.
2. Only an insane deranged person would shoot 2 people at a distance for no other reason than that the shooter believed the men to be on his property.

How do you know that he wasn't deranged, insane or completely unstable?
How many gun owners do you know that have fired their weapon at a complete stranger for no apparent logical or justifiable reason? How many gun owners do you know that have even fired their weapon in the air to spook a would be trespasser away?
I know literally hundreds of gun owners. Of all of them I know 1 that has ever fired a privately owned weapon at another human. He fired and wounded a man breaking into his bedroom as he waited for the police. In other words the intruder was already deep into the mans home.

If some one broke into my home I would also use my firearm to down the intruder. Now here is how much I worry about it. I don't even keep any firearm I own loaded.
This forum. There are a lot of talkers. The internet is filled with braggarts. The worst braggarts and talkers next to the internet are cops. They all talk a great story. Go to a shooting range and watch them shoot. There is a reason 5 cops in Kingston PA needed to fire over 60 rounds to hit a deranged man with a chain saw 11 times. Keep in mind the distance was 5 yards or less.....

I consider my guns a hobby. I love to shoot. I don't shoot people, at people or to scare people. I don't know anyone who does. It happens, just as road rage happens, just as little league coaches going berserk happens, just as assaults with lethal weapons other than guns happen and it is always wrong. Just because a very small number of people do these things doesn't make them representative of the majority.
I haven't seen a post where anyone agreed with what that lunatic did.

Old 01-28-2014, 01:56 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,084,767 times
Quote:
Bwahahahahahahaha …. every moron in the country thinks he should have a gun and use it to solve problems and impress his friends because of gun control advocates? Bwahahahahahahahahaha ….

Whew! [wipes tears from eyes]
350 million firearms in America. According to you that's a lot of morons. You must feel very elite.
I train people firearm safety, and I see a large cross section of people from all over. Doctors, Lawyers, Plumbers, housewives, Businessmen, Office workers.... etc. I have not met any one yet that you describe in the so called "gun culture". What I see are family people, loving people, good, well intended folks who for a variety of reasons want to learn more about firearms. Some want to be able to safely protect their families if necessary, some just want to become proficient at poking holes in paper on the weekends, many, many are getting into the shooting sports and want to perform as well as possible. I specialize in training competitive shooters and compete myself on a national level. As the recipient of a partial college scholarship from the National Shooting Sports Foundation, I can say that many people choose to only see the down side of the gun.
Me.... i'll be watching our Olympic Biathlon shooters in Socci.

Old 01-28-2014, 01:56 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,782,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
white conservative male gunning down 2 blacks.
Notice how the usual leftist fanatics try to slip in the word "conservative" even though there is no evidence of conservatism?

Do these people EVER stop lying about, and mindlessly denigrating, their opponents?

Old 01-28-2014, 02:02 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
The gun culture, as illustrated below, where it's considered perfectly fine to kill somebody who mistakenly wanders onto your property. The only thing that is deranged in all of this is that there are people--many on this forum--who think a culture that allows this is okay. Now THAT is deranged.
One post about what is allegedly GA's law = gun culture?
Thin very thin.

Old 01-28-2014, 02:03 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,261,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
350 million firearms in America. According to you that's a lot of morons. You must feel very elite.
I train people firearm safety, and I see a large cross section of people from all over. Doctors, Lawyers, Plumbers, housewives, Businessmen, Office workers.... etc. I have not met any one yet that you describe in the so called "gun culture". What I see are family people, loving people, good, well intended folks who for a variety of reasons want to learn more about firearms. Some want to be able to safely protect their families if necessary, some just want to become proficient at poking holes in paper on the weekends, many, many are getting into the shooting sports and want to perform as well as possible. I specialize in training competitive shooters and compete myself on a national level. As the recipient of a partial college scholarship from the National Shooting Sports Foundation, I can say that many people choose to only see the down side of the gun.
Me.... i'll be watching our Olympic Biathlon shooters in Socci.
Where did I say all gun owners are morons? I said every moron in America owns a gun. Because they've been told that it's cool, that the black helicopters are coming to get them, that the end times are nigh, or other ridiculous things. Since those things are all untrue, it makes a reasonable person wonder what the NRA has to gain from all these guns in the hands of every moron … practically every man, woman and child.

But I'll add shooting sports to my personal list of what seems to be a reasonable and rational use of guns. So you made a point. I still don't think they solve problems, and I still don't think people who want to defend themselves need entire arsenals, and I still don't believe that it's OK to leave guns lying around where anyone can get hold of them.

These are all things that people DO believe on this forum. And it's all part of the sick gun culture we live in. People being shot for texting is just another day in America. Perfectly normal.

You don't call that a gun culture?

I do.

Old 01-28-2014, 02:05 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,481,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
What does the race have to do with it? Someone is baiting...........
Are you kidding me? Do you really think this guy would have gunned down 2 white guys on his neighbors property without at least trying to figure out who they were. No way.

Old 01-28-2014, 02:11 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,228,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
Are you kidding me? Do you really think this guy would have gunned down 2 white guys on his neighbors property without at least trying to figure out who they were. No way.
You want this to be a race issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies