Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 10:56 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,124,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
Well, yes. Or they could move to Middletown or Red Bank. There are cheaper (but good) areas. But most who live in NYC view NJ very negatively (and that is an under statement)..
Which is fine. If they feel it's worth dying for, then that's their prerogative. This man had better choices.

The millions that move into NJ to start a family sure don't think of it as negatively... and enjoy better access to hospitals. NJ isn't the only place in the nation with access to good healthcare facilities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2014, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
Here in Exeter, NH, a trip to the emergency room will get you in to see a doctor in about 9 hours--no matter how many times you beg to be seen due to agonizing pain. After waiting 9 hours curled up in the emergency room chair at Exeter Hospital a few weeks ago, I finally got allowed in the exam room. As I waited, I could hear that the person in the room next to me had a SIMPLE BLADDER INFECTION (she hadn't spent ANY TIME in the emergency room with me).

I know they hadn't lost my name (my spouse kept asking where I was "on the list," but now I think there WAS no list), but how in the world do you put EVERYONE else in front of the one person in the room with extreme pain? With that kind of competence, make sure you don't go to the Exeter Hospital if you have a REAL emergency.

BTW, Exeter Hospital is EXTREMELY expensive compared to other NH hospitals--and is one of the few hospitals that will take the Obamacare insurance. Can't wait to see the lines when THAT kicks in.
Median wait time around here is 30 minutes. Of course for a heart attack or stroke, less than 10 minutes until you're in surgery.

Old 01-27-2014, 11:13 PM

22,653 posts, read 24,575,170 times
Courtesy of Osamacare??????

Old 01-27-2014, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Courtesy of Osamacare??????
It's concerning that you don't know your President's name.

Also, refer to my previous post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
This isn't anything new (as some ignorant people who might try to blame this on the ACA might claim).

Old 01-27-2014, 11:35 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,814,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Which is fine. If they feel it's worth dying for, then that's their prerogative. This man had better choices.

The millions that move into NJ to start a family sure don't think of it as negatively... and enjoy better access to hospitals. NJ isn't the only place in the nation with access to good healthcare facilities.
I lived in NJ and was assigned to Ft Monmouth (Army) for a while. That was a long time ago but I doubt very seriously that the typical New Yorker perception re NJ has changed much since then (if any).

OTOH if I were seriously looking for an area to live permanently it sure wouldn't be NJ. Don't have anything against the state but IMO there are better (and MUCH cheaper) places to live.

Old 01-28-2014, 01:48 AM

1,730 posts, read 1,361,669 times
Must not have been black, otherwise cnn would be blowing this up lol

Old 01-28-2014, 02:02 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times
Kinda stupid to just sit around and watch yourself die.

Old 01-28-2014, 02:03 AM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,157,672 times
Quote:
Here in Exeter, NH, a trip to the emergency room will get you in to see a doctor in about 9 hours--no matter how many times you beg to be seen due to agonizing pain. After waiting 9 hours curled up in the emergency room chair at Exeter Hospital a few weeks ago, I finally got allowed in the exam room. As I waited, I could hear that the person in the room next to me had a SIMPLE BLADDER INFECTION (she hadn't spent ANY TIME in the emergency room with me).

I know they hadn't lost my name (my spouse kept asking where I was "on the list," but now I think there WAS no list), but how in the world do you put EVERYONE else in front of the one person in the room with extreme pain? With that kind of competence, make sure you don't go to the Exeter Hospital if you have a REAL emergency.

BTW, Exeter Hospital is EXTREMELY expensive compared to other NH hospitals--and is one of the few hospitals that will take the Obamacare insurance. Can't wait to see the lines when THAT kicks in.
If you have a serious emergency, go by ambulance rather than being driven in a car. The priority is much higher than people waiting in the ER room.

Old 01-28-2014, 02:51 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,317,542 times
Quote:

Can I ask what the final diagnosis was?
Extreme pain could be caused by gas.

Old 01-28-2014, 08:36 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,730,816 times
"Verrier, according to his family, has struggled with drug addiction but has been clean “for months.”

Man found dead after 8-hour ER wait - Salon.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies