Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2014, 07:58 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times

Advertisements

This has nothing to do with Obamacare. Around here the various hospitals (and there are many) advertise on billboards their current wait time. It's most always under 1 hour. Sometimes 5-10 minutes.

There's also a plethora of urgent care clinics, which are more appropriate for most ailments. Do they not have those in New York City?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2014, 12:31 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Then you can't say that it should not happen since you don't know the details.

Kinda of rude to insinuate that the staff essentially killed the guy without even seeing an autopsy eh?

Your just mistaken my words, don't do that and you know what I freaking mean.

The poor man goes to a E.R. thinking he is going to get help. And the man dies in the E.R. is that not sad. As I said more details still need to emerge. But the one Hospital worker, felt he was nothing more then a number, and there was a cover up, wonder what gave him this idea.

And I did not insinuate anything, you are. Again this poor man goes to the E.R. seeking help, and he dies, something clearly more was wrong with this man. Ya think" he died.

Old 01-29-2014, 03:23 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
And? Better him then me...Life is tough and hard. Sorry the rainbow fairy and fluffy cloud lords weren't there to help him.
Man.......what a peach of a guy you are.

Old 01-29-2014, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Because underclass moochers go to the ER for minor stuff, forcing everyone else to wait longer.
I must have stumbled onto some heartless Ayn Rand love-in or something. Jeez. Hope you never get sick and can't find care.

Old 01-29-2014, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Let's be honest. This guy didn't care about his own life. NYC is known to have an excessive amount of congestion in their hospitals. Many are public hospitals... they are a joke.

If he really cared about the health of his family, he could have moved to where this problem doesn't exist. I live in Princeton, NJ that's only a 57 minute commute to NYC. We have two hospitals within a reasonable distance (Princeton University Medical Center and Robert Wood Foundation Hospital) that have practically no wait time. They also treat people without asking any questions so being poor is not an issue (Thanks to NJ's hospital care program).

He chose to live in an area where he didn't have access to hospitals. This isn't anything new (as some ignorant people who might try to blame this on the ACA might claim).
Has it ever occurred to you that not everyone can just move when and where they want?

I'm sorry to hear that we come from the same town.

Old 01-29-2014, 08:27 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Your just mistaken my words, don't do that and you know what I freaking mean.

The poor man goes to a E.R. thinking he is going to get help. And the man dies in the E.R. is that not sad. As I said more details still need to emerge. But the one Hospital worker, felt he was nothing more then a number, and there was a cover up, wonder what gave him this idea.

And I did not insinuate anything, you are. Again this poor man goes to the E.R. seeking help, and he dies, something clearly more was wrong with this man. Ya think" he died.
Well -- it's sad that anyone has to wait at all, but imagine the uproar if they don't see them in order? If they would have called his name ahead of others who had been there much longer, those people would have died or at least become upset.

Emergency means emergency but so many people ignore that --- just like they ignore the 12 item limit in certain lanes at grocery stores. Then they are seen as they arrive. Everyone thinks his or her emergency is just as important as everyone else's.

It would be good to know if there were earlier symptoms. How long did he have the rash before he decided to get it checked out, what were his other reasons for deciding it was an emergency. Lots of rashes are not at all life threatening -- imagine if someone with poison ivy itching gets moved ahead of a stroke or heart attack patient.

Old 01-29-2014, 09:10 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,273,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Man.......what a peach of a guy you are.
Nope a pear. And, moreover a realist. This "person" wasn't about to invent the better mouse trap or an improved light bulb. He was a waste of oxygen, which burdened our society and its recourses. If you don't like the truth, too bad; deal with it.

Remember when you call for an ambulance and they are delayed, because they are going to a "drug addict." Remember this when your loved one is convulsing on the floor and the people who will save them, are dealing with someone who CHOSE to stick drugs into their system. And YES, YES this does occur in cities all over this country.

This person was walking waste of oxygen and his death is no more meaningful, then the death of Osama Bin Laden.

Old 01-29-2014, 09:16 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,582,210 times
It's hard to blame the hospital without more details, especially details on what actually killed him.

Old 01-29-2014, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Nope a pear. And, moreover a realist. This "person" wasn't about to invent the better mouse trap or an improved light bulb. He was a waste of oxygen, which burdened our society and its recourses. If you don't like the truth, too bad; deal with it.

Remember when you call for an ambulance and they are delayed, because they are going to a "drug addict." Remember this when your loved one is convulsing on the floor and the people who will save them, are dealing with someone who CHOSE to stick drugs into their system. And YES, YES this does occur in cities all over this country.

This person was walking waste of oxygen and his death is no more meaningful, then the death of Osama Bin Laden.
Inshallah nobody will ever say this about you.

And you are a police officer? What a sad reflection on whatever force employs you.

Old 01-30-2014, 04:05 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,827,481 times
Quote:
And? Better him then me...Life is tough and hard. Sorry the rainbow fairy and fluffy cloud lords weren't there to help him.
Spoken by someone who sounds like they have never been in an emergency room.

That's like watching some dude getting raped/burned alive/tortured and saying "And? Better him then me...Life is tough and hard. Sorry the rainbow fairy and fluffy cloud lords weren't there to help him."

Empathy. That's a word.

I read that story the other day. It's sad. Then again, I don't know what their workload/staff was like. Phil does have a point, in a way. You can't save everyone. But, you would think something could have been done ebfore he died.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies